From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Avon tyres update
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 22:55:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 22:55 UTC

From another place:

"With respect to the classic race tyres:

TGA Racing Services
3 December at 14:37 �
As you are mostly aware, Goodyear have taken over Cooper Tire who owned
Avon & have recently announced that the Avon factory at Melksham will be
closed by the end of 2023.
TGA @ Molnar Precision Ltd are a major outlet for the Avon range of
Classic Motorcycle Race tyres, with the Race Support Service that you
see run by Dave at CRMC race meetings only a small element of our
business which literally involves sending tyres all around the world.
This gives us access to decision making personnel within the Goodyear
operation, but you must be under no illusion that with a total market of
around 5,000 tyres per year spread across about 50 patterns our business
is miniscule in Goodyear terms. I can tell you, that the broad Goodyear
plan was to completely stop all Classic Motorcycle Race Tyre production
when Melksham closes. At least they are now talking to us about a 'post
Melksham plan' for 'our' tyres.
Melksham will remain open until the end of 2023, with the intention
being to run at full capacity until September before winding down. In an
attempt to ensure that our types of tyres are higher on the priority
list, we have placed orders for over 1,000 tyres - that's over quarter
of a million pounds worth of stock & we do need our customers, that's
you, to support us if we are to carry this forward!!
The tyres we are trying to save are:
AM22 110/80-18 Front
AM22 110/80-18 Rear
AM26 90/90-18
AM26 90/90-19
AM26 100/90-19
AM22 120/70-16 (FZ)
AM23 130/70-18 & Cantilever version
Storm 120/70-17 Front
Storm 160/60-17 Rear
This is a 'best case scenario' and tyres outside this list have zero
chance of being made long term.
To make us all even unhappier, Goodyear have announced a 'realignment'
of prices which now sees AM22's & AM26's at around �315 each and AM23's
at �365 incl VAT.
You can keep up to date with developments through our Facebook pages and
our website."

Re: Avon tyres update

<jv8cqhFijleU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13449&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#13449

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Avon tyres update
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 08:29:07 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 08:29 UTC

On 05/12/2022 22:55, wessie wrote:
> From another place:
>
> "With respect to the classic race tyres:
>
> TGA Racing Services
> 3 December at 14:37 ·
> As you are mostly aware, Goodyear have taken over Cooper Tire who owned
> Avon & have recently announced that the Avon factory at Melksham will be
> closed by the end of 2023.
> TGA @ Molnar Precision Ltd are a major outlet for the Avon range of
> Classic Motorcycle Race tyres, with the Race Support Service that you
> see run by Dave at CRMC race meetings only a small element of our
> business which literally involves sending tyres all around the world.
> This gives us access to decision making personnel within the Goodyear
> operation, but you must be under no illusion that with a total market of
> around 5,000 tyres per year spread across about 50 patterns our business
> is miniscule in Goodyear terms. I can tell you, that the broad Goodyear
> plan was to completely stop all Classic Motorcycle Race Tyre production
> when Melksham closes. At least they are now talking to us about a 'post
> Melksham plan' for 'our' tyres.
> Melksham will remain open until the end of 2023, with the intention
> being to run at full capacity until September before winding down. In an
> attempt to ensure that our types of tyres are higher on the priority
> list, we have placed orders for over 1,000 tyres - that's over quarter
> of a million pounds worth of stock & we do need our customers, that's
> you, to support us if we are to carry this forward!!
> The tyres we are trying to save are:
> AM22 110/80-18 Front
> AM22 110/80-18 Rear
> AM26 90/90-18
> AM26 90/90-19
> AM26 100/90-19
> AM22 120/70-16 (FZ)
> AM23 130/70-18 & Cantilever version
> Storm 120/70-17 Front
> Storm 160/60-17 Rear
> This is a 'best case scenario' and tyres outside this list have zero
> chance of being made long term.
> To make us all even unhappier, Goodyear have announced a 'realignment'
> of prices which now sees AM22's & AM26's at around Ł315 each and AM23's
> at Ł365 incl VAT.
> You can keep up to date with developments through our Facebook pages and
> our website."

All ready flagged up on the NHCA FB group.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: Avon tyres update

<jv8d4eFijleU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13450&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#13450

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 08:34:24 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 08:34 UTC

Brain going soft - already!