Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Mar 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 08:41:44 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 08:41 UTC

British Summer? I barely know her.

Play:
--=--

Like a Dragon: Ishin (PS5) - Got the credits to roll at about 8 pm on
Saturday, at around level 80 after 101 hours of play. I'm motivated to
continue levelling up the combat because I now have essentially what's a
machine gun in my arsenal, and I can make it fire even faster so Imma do
dat. It's been fabulous seeing some of these old character faces take on
new roles, although notably Majima/Okita seems to be the same guy in
both worlds but for different reasons. They even borrow music cues from
the other games when they're in significant fights or plot points.

I like that they took this really significant historical event and found
an intimate and personal story to tell with it. In other games that
attempt to portray history, they always do that Mary Sue thing where
your character is the reason that everything happens and is present for
every battle or signing or whatever. In this game, Sakamoto Ryoma cares
about the people close to him and their hopes and dreams, and is almost
accidentally the reason for all the change that happens in Japan in the
19th century. A lot of the history that we're meant to be familiar with
happens off-camera or is otherwise just hinted at, because it's not
germane to the main story of a guy who just wants life to be better for
everybody. That gives the game so much more freedom to paint in broad
strokes because we care about the people more than the events, and I
think there's a lesson to be learned there just from the standpoint of
telling good stories without being worried about authenticity or
accuracy.

Want:
--=--

Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (PS4) - JPN-region OG issue game from 2015 on sale
for $15? Yes please. I'll have a few other Sega oddities while I'm at it.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $524

Shining Ark (PSP) - $14
Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (PS4) - $15
Code Vein (XSX) - $13
Brigandine 2 (PS4) - $32
House of the Dead Remake (PS4) - $34

Total to date - $632

-KKC, who has slightly too much to do today.

Re: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Mar 2023)

<DwdUL.2338368$US27.363839@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1348&group=uk.games.video.misc#1348

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Mar 2023)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 09:40:51 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 09:40 UTC

> Play:

Minecraft (PS4) - tackled another Nether bastion, which may or may not
have been primarily to get a certain record to use on an ingame
jukebox. :-) In this case some baddies seemed to be respawning though,
which was a bit annoying as I'd thought they were only supposed to
spawn once.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Minecraft jukeboxes not muting the normal game music.

-Rus.

Re: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Mar 2023)

<k8qjiiFr6inU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1350&group=uk.games.video.misc#1350

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 1 Apr 2023 11:41:07 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 11:41 UTC

On 27 Mar 2023 at 09:41:44 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> British Summer? I barely know her.
>
> Play:
> --=--

The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog (Steam) - spoiler: Sonic does not get
murdered. This is a VN where you can't go wrong with occasional
GBA-sonic bits to pass, and is aimed at about 8 year olds. Finished it
in about an hour. It's not the worst sonic game by any means, but it's
not actually good either.

Gotham Knights (PS5) - spoiler: Batman does get murdered. Still PMG'ing
away with Gus on this, getting up to the sort of level it feels like I'm
falling behind the miniboss HP and damage stats, if this were a mobile
game it'd be timing me out or offering me £2.99 gem packs for boosters
about now... Also the game keeps doing the Red Dead 2 thing of "triangle
for stealth takedown - haha no, by the time you press it triangle is
throw a batarang and aggro EVERYBODY" which is annoying. Otherwise it's
all good clean Bat-family fare, cleaning up a very pretty and
rainy-night Gotham one street fight at a time.

Baba Is You (Steam) - spoiler: Baba sometimes stops existing. Reloaded
this when it came up in a humble bundle recently, and have actually
manage to push further forward than I did originally, which makes me
feel clever. All stuck on all fronts at the moment though.

> Want:
> --=--

On month 10 of P3P, need to get back on that before I forget how to play
and fail the endgame.

> Bin:
> -==-

April foolses. And doing this so late in the week it's almost next week.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Sent from my Amiga 1000

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Time Change Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Mar 2023)