From: walneyr...@gmail.com (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Digital Detox
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 19:18:46 +0000
sha1:QP9EQBmCUQquB4fxR0IlHySmTtM=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 19:18 UTC

I've been having a break from social media. Since I haven't really
missed it I may make it permanent.

It began with abandoning Twitter in disgust. Then I embraced Mastodon
but found little to detain me there although I'm still there. Then,
since work forbids me from having a Basefuck account in my own name and
I've been masquerading under a pseudonym for a while, and since I hate
Basefuck and the only reason I ever hung out there was because most of
the good friends who used to be in nice innocent little internet
communities that were effectively killed off by the monster Basefuck
were there. But Basefuck is indeed a monster which is why I'm
leaving. Anyway I think social media has damaged all of us in one way or
another. I'm going to start going to the pub more, as well as dodgy
clubs for the non-heteronormative, theatres, public lectures, jazz clubs, organ
recitals and other relics of the pre-internet age. I may even revive my
personal blog. In short, my plan for 2023 is to get a life again.

And one side-effect is that I mean to be more active in UMRA, which
isn't social media to me but family: the only family I have left
now. And it's not being harvested by corporate entities that want to
sell me to other corporate entities who want to sell me things I
wouldn't want in a million years.

That's all. Happy New Year, dear Umrats.

Rosie

Re: Digital Detox

<tovd70$1rv8p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13502&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13502

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Digital Detox
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 20:01:36 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 20:01 UTC

On 02/01/2023 19:18, Rosie Mitchell wrote:

> I've been having a break from social media. Since I haven't really
> missed it I may make it permanent.
[snip]
> And one side-effect is that I mean to be more active in UMRA, which
> isn't social media to me but family: the only family I have left
> now.
Hurrah!.

> That's all. Happy New Year, dear Umrats.

And to you.

john

Re: Digital Detox

<tp1o4c$1hc5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13534&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13534

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 17:20:11 +0000
 by: steve hague - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 17:20 UTC

On 02/01/2023 19:18, Rosie Mitchell wrote:

> I've been having a break from social media. Since I haven't really
> missed it I may make it permanent.
>
> It began with abandoning Twitter in disgust. Then I embraced Mastodon
> but found little to detain me there although I'm still there. Then,
> since work forbids me from having a Basefuck account in my own name and
> I've been masquerading under a pseudonym for a while, and since I hate
> Basefuck and the only reason I ever hung out there was because most of
> the good friends who used to be in nice innocent little internet
> communities that were effectively killed off by the monster Basefuck
> were there. But Basefuck is indeed a monster which is why I'm
> leaving. Anyway I think social media has damaged all of us in one way or
> another. I'm going to start going to the pub more, as well as dodgy
> clubs for the non-heteronormative, theatres, public lectures, jazz clubs, organ
> recitals and other relics of the pre-internet age. I may even revive my
> personal blog. In short, my plan for 2023 is to get a life again.
>
> And one side-effect is that I mean to be more active in UMRA, which
> isn't social media to me but family: the only family I have left
> now. And it's not being harvested by corporate entities that want to
> sell me to other corporate entities who want to sell me things I
> wouldn't want in a million years.
>
> That's all. Happy New Year, dear Umrats.
>
> Rosie
Good to see you back Rosie. Are you coming off Quora too? I find that
much worse than Facebook.
Steve

Re: Digital Detox

<87k023cmlz.fsf@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13549&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13549

From: walneyr...@gmail.com (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 21:52:08 +0000
sha1:Xd5nMvcjEUXKxRjZeKDpFSJh6O0=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 21:52 UTC

steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com> writes:

> On 02/01/2023 19:18, Rosie Mitchell wrote:
>> I've been having a break from social media. Since I haven't really
>> missed it I may make it permanent.
>> It began with abandoning Twitter in disgust. Then I embraced
>> Mastodon
>> but found little to detain me there although I'm still there. Then,
>> since work forbids me from having a Basefuck account in my own name and
>> I've been masquerading under a pseudonym for a while, and since I hate
>> Basefuck and the only reason I ever hung out there was because most of
>> the good friends who used to be in nice innocent little internet
>> communities that were effectively killed off by the monster Basefuck
>> were there. But Basefuck is indeed a monster which is why I'm
>> leaving. Anyway I think social media has damaged all of us in one way or
>> another. I'm going to start going to the pub more, as well as dodgy
>> clubs for the non-heteronormative, theatres, public lectures, jazz clubs, organ
>> recitals and other relics of the pre-internet age. I may even revive my
>> personal blog. In short, my plan for 2023 is to get a life again.
>> And one side-effect is that I mean to be more active in UMRA, which
>> isn't social media to me but family: the only family I have left
>> now. And it's not being harvested by corporate entities that want to
>> sell me to other corporate entities who want to sell me things I
>> wouldn't want in a million years.
>> That's all. Happy New Year, dear Umrats.
>> Rosie
> Good to see you back Rosie. Are you coming off Quora too? I find that
> much worse than Facebook.

I do get a kick out of taking down Quora nutjobs I must admit. And I
have that Alex Johnston as a vaguely near neighbour these days too.

Rosie