Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Very Tired Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Apr 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 00:23:41 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 00:23 UTC

The wife is taking the boy to see the Super Mario film later in the
week, as a test run to see how safe the cinema is and whether the child
can stand a long motion picture. This will either be the best or worst
day of his life.

Play:
--=--

Like a Dragon: Ishin (PS5) - Unusually I'm still playing even after
putting the main plot away and making my way through every last
substory. I don't have all of the silly accomplishments yet (eat 200
things from your inventory, win five drinking games against the
prostitute, that sort of thing) but I am strongly motivated to unlock
all of the combat abilities and bonuses. I've got the sword-and-gun
method maxed out at 50, but I can't push the gun-only one past level 25
until I add a couple of additional orb things to the circle to get
through the limit break.

Sky Fox (SNES) - By which I mean my son took a half hour to fumble his
way through the tutorial before the light went on and he understood what
it was he was doing, which was piloting an awesome spaceship through
awesome space and doing awesome things with the awesome spaceship. It's
sort of amazing to see this again for the first time through his eyes,
in that he didn't grow up with a decade of spaceflight dreams and Star
Trek and little wireframe sims to shape unreasonable expectations.

Want:
--=--

My house electricity to stop failing spectacularly (RL) - Had a power
cut earlier in the week that took out the circuit that runs my
refrigerator, and I didn't figure out until Sunday that there was a
fault further up the line at a socket I wasn't expecting to be
connected. Took me six hours to rewire it all and make it go again, and
I'm still paranoid that it's going to fail again for a reason I'm not
expecting. I'm told that electricity in the UK is much more sensibly
standardised and regulated, which will be fantastic over the long run
when you're burning one another to stay warm through the Brexit-y
winter.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $632

-KKC, who needs an electrician, an old priest, and a young priest.

Re: Very Tired Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Apr 2023)

<HVEWL.3595353$nwq3.2938734@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1352&group=uk.games.video.misc#1352

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Very Tired Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Apr 2023)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 18:28:55 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 18:28 UTC

> Play:

Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Demo (PS4) - I don't know if I really needed
a chainsaw to be demonstrated, but it happened all the same. So that
was nice. Anyway, this demos the remake up to and including the
village section, and makes it clear that the remake has some fairly
gratuitous changes while also not changing everything. Not really sure
how I feel about that. It played well enough though.

Minecraft (PSV) - tried tackling a woodland mansion by basically
burning it down, which seems to work quite well in this version. Maybe
a little too well given that the loot was in wooden chests - I only
ended up doing four in total.

> Want:

Nothing.

> I'm told that electricity in the UK is much more sensibly
> standardised and regulated, which will be fantastic over the long
> run when you're burning one another to stay warm through the
> Brexit-y winter.

It's certainly one way to meet renewable-energy targets.

> Bin:

The whole idea of doing a remake of RE4, even if the original did have
some low-res textures and fairly wonky controls. It sounds like they
did a reasonable job at least, certainly the demo was ok. But I think
if I do ever play the remake I'll always be thinking that they changed
some random part too much, or not enough. :-)

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Very Tired Play Want Bin (PWBE 3 Apr 2023)