From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Down the tubes they go after only 6 months
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 14:15:53 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 04:15 UTC

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-13/sunshine-coast-bonza-slights-scrapped/102596110

Re: Down the tubes they go after only 6 months

<kh9g3tF91uuU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1363&group=aus.aviation#1363

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: Down the tubes they go after only 6 months
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 15:24:13 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 05:24 UTC

On 13/7/2023 2:15 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-13/sunshine-coast-bonza-slights-scrapped/102596110

No great surprises there, some of those routes were always very unlikely
to have enough demand to fill an aircraft like the 737.
For the sake of competition I hope that they find routes that make them
profitable.

--
Daryl

Re: Down the tubes they go after only 6 months

<op.1708e4g6byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1364&group=aus.aviation#1364

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 04:02:54 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:02 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-13/sunshine-coast-bonza-slights-scrapped/102596110

> No great surprises there, some of those routes were always very unlikely
> to have enough demand to fill an aircraft like the 737.

Yeah, it was always a hare brained scheme.

> For the sake of competition I hope that they find routes that make them
> profitable.

There aren't any with a plane that big.

Re: Down the tubes they go after only 6 months

<khchmqFnrb0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1365&group=aus.aviation#1365

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:09:46 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:09 UTC

On 14/7/2023 4:02 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>

>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-13/sunshine-coast-bonza-slights-scrapped/102596110
>
>> No great surprises there, some of those routes were always very
>> unlikely to have enough demand to fill an aircraft like the 737.
>
> Yeah, it was always a hare brained scheme.
>
>> For the sake of competition I hope that they find routes that make
>> them profitable.
>
> There aren't any with a plane that big.

Melbourne to the Sunshine coast maybe.
I'm flying to Brisbane next week and because of where I'm staying I
thought of booking a Bonza flight, difference in travel time between the
Sunshine Coast airport and where I'm staying is only about 15mins more
than from Brisbane airport.
Ended up just flying into to Brisbane because we found some cheap
flights plus since its a very early flight rather than getting someone
to pick us up we are getting the train 3/4s of the way to where we are
staying.
The Bonza fares were also only $40 total cheaper than Jetstar so not a
lot of difference.

--
Daryl

Re: Down the tubes they go after only 6 months

<op.1723z5ohbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1366&group=aus.aviation#1366

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 04:22:43 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 18:22 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> No great surprises there, some of those routes were always very
>>> unlikely to have enough demand to fill an aircraft like the 737.

>> Yeah, it was always a hare brained scheme.

>>> For the sake of competition I hope that they find routes that make
>>> them profitable.

>> There aren't any with a plane that big.

> Melbourne to the Sunshine coast maybe.

That's not going to fill all their planes all year round.

> I'm flying to Brisbane next week and because of where I'm staying I
> thought of booking a Bonza flight, difference in travel time between the
> Sunshine Coast airport and where I'm staying is only about 15mins more
> than from Brisbane airport.

Sure, but fuck all are in that situation.

> Ended up just flying into to Brisbane because we found some cheap
> flights plus since its a very early flight rather than getting someone
> to pick us up we are getting the train 3/4s of the way to where we are
> staying.

> The Bonza fares were also only $40 total cheaper than Jetstar so not a
> lot of difference.

But no chance of paying for the cost of running that plane
on that route even if they do manage to fill the plane.