From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone .. ornot
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 12:21:08 +0000
 by: Vicky - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 12:21 UTC

https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1319756-Memorial-jewellery-from-ashes?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Gransnet%20Daily%20060123%20Friday&utm_medium=email

I didn't like the idea when I saw the header but am wondering now.

Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone .. ornot

<tp96ol$35rl4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13634&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13634

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone ..
ornot
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 13:12:52 +0000
 by: Clive Arthur - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 13:12 UTC

On 06/01/2023 12:21, Vicky wrote:
> https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1319756-Memorial-jewellery-from-ashes?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Gransnet%20Daily%20060123%20Friday&utm_medium=email
>
> I didn't like the idea when I saw the header but am wondering now.

I understood that the ashes were more symbolic than individual - they're
not all necessarily from a specific person, and who could tell anyway?

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone .. ornot

<nu7grh9vvsfdoninbrrp2r3chlrph52gnc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13635&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13635

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 13:25:25 +0000
 by: Penny - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 13:25 UTC

On Fri, 06 Jan 2023 12:21:08 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1319756-Memorial-jewellery-from-ashes
>
>I didn't like the idea when I saw the header but am wondering now.

I recently heard of tattoos using the ashes of dead pets (or people) as
ink.

I thought I'd heard a tale of someone getting ill from the practice - then
that was the story on Doctors when a young couple had matching tattoos from
the ashes of their still-born. He only got ill because he couldn't bear to
admit the problem to his wife, and get it sorted out when it started to
fester.

There was no suggestion the practice itself was dangerous. All tattoos need
to be kept clean as they heal.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone .. ornot

<tpcvm6$qdu$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13686&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13686

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
ornot
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:36:45 +0000
 by: krw - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:36 UTC

On 6.1.23 12:21, Vicky wrote:
> https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1319756-Memorial-jewellery-from-ashes?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Gransnet%20Daily%20060123%20Friday&utm_medium=email
>
> I didn't like the idea when I saw the header but am wondering now.

For those who remember Stephanie her ashes remain with me as a pair of
cufflinks, the good lady wife had a ring which is always on her finger
and the three other daughters each had something if I remember correctly
(although what precisely I cannot recall). So Stephanie has been all
around the world in the last (nearly) 10 years.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone .. ornot

<1vukrhtlbgjgt3ba757vejb700e9i38b3d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13692&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13692

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 08:17:44 +0000
 by: Vicky - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 08:17 UTC

On Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:36:45 +0000, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>On 6.1.23 12:21, Vicky wrote:
>> https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1319756-Memorial-jewellery-from-ashes?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Gransnet%20Daily%20060123%20Friday&utm_medium=email
>>
>> I didn't like the idea when I saw the header but am wondering now.
>
>For those who remember Stephanie her ashes remain with me as a pair of
>cufflinks, the good lady wife had a ring which is always on her finger
>and the three other daughters each had something if I remember correctly
>(although what precisely I cannot recall). So Stephanie has been all
>around the world in the last (nearly) 10 years.

I remember. The Jewish blessing to say to bereaved is 'May her/his
memory be a blessing' That is the joy we have, isn't it?

Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone .. ornot

<tpdvuj$3q7c9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13694&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13694

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost
someone .. ornot
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 08:47:15 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4RzTJwa05k/6Ds4da879cp68DBY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 08:47 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:36:45 +0000, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 6.1.23 12:21, Vicky wrote:
>>> https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1319756-Memorial-jewellery-from-ashes?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Gransnet%20Daily%20060123%20Friday&utm_medium=email
>>>
>>> I didn't like the idea when I saw the header but am wondering now.
>>
>> For those who remember Stephanie her ashes remain with me as a pair of
>> cufflinks, the good lady wife had a ring which is always on her finger
>> and the three other daughters each had something if I remember correctly
>> (although what precisely I cannot recall). So Stephanie has been all
>> around the world in the last (nearly) 10 years.
>
> I remember. The Jewish blessing to say to bereaved is 'May her/his
> memory be a blessing' That is the joy we have, isn't it?

When my father died weeks before my 21st. birthday, his body was laid out
in the undertaker’s chapel of rest and we were invited to go and see the
body before the burial. I politely declined and as I explained, I wished to
remember my father in life - not in death.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: a gransnet thread that might interest umrats who lost someone .. ornot

<tpe6ne$kar$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13701&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13701

From: linda...@ntlworld.com (Linda Fox Fairbairns)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
someone .. ornot
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 10:42:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Linda Fox Fairbairns - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 10:42 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

> When my father died weeks before my 21st. birthday, his body was laid out
> in the undertaker’s chapel of rest and we were invited to go and see the
> body before the burial. I politely declined and as I explained, I wished to
> remember my father in life - not in death.

I can understand that: when it looked likely that big brother Martyn was
near to death, I could have made it to Windsor to see him and say farewell,
but I decided not to for the same reason: a few weeks previously he and his
wife had spent a cheerful evening in our house and I wanted that to be our
last memory. (Do people really say "goodbye" to someone who's imminently
dying?)

But I really had to go and see Robin in the chapel of rest at Addenbrookes,
because the last time I'd seen him he'd been spreadeagled naked(*) on the
cold ground in Cherry Hinton Hall with a team of medics trying
unsuccessfully to resuscitate him by a machine pounding his chest. My last
time with him was beautiful and peaceful.

(*)They'd thrown what looked like an old jacket over his... bits... which
suggests that as well as slashing through his heavy coat and his favourite
warm sweater, they'd also removed his underwear. I have no idea why. They
gave me a heavy plastic bag containing all his clothes, which I binned the
same evening when I realised they'd cut them all: didn't think to look for
the undies.
--
Linda ff