Be independent. Insult a rich relative today.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

SubjectAuthor
* “You will never catch me driving again – I’m gswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
+* Re: “You will never catchSpike
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: “You will never catchSpike
|`- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: “You will never catchSpike
|`* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: “You will never catchSpike
| `- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
|`* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: “You will never catchSpike
| `- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
|`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: “You will never catchSpike
| `- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
+- Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
|`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
|`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – ISimon Mason
|`- Re: “You will never catchSpike
+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: “You will never catchSpike
|+* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
||+* Re: “You will never catchSpike
|||`- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
||`- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
|`- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
`* Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: “You will never catch me driving againJNugent
 `- Re: “You will never catch me driving again – Iswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:123
“You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<f3721dc3-b2ef-44ea-9109-31e11c600e27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13660&group=uk.rec.cycling#13660

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 06:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: “You_will_never_catch_me_driving_again_–_I’m_g
etting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 13:31 UTC

A motorist, who was banned from driving for 12 months after being caught behind the wheel while over the legal limit for cannabis and without having insurance or even a driving licence, has vowed to a court that he will never drive again… and instead will take up cycling.

On 18 June this year, 36-year-old Tristan Daykin, from Killingworth, North Tyneside, agreed to give his son’s girlfriend a lift home, despite never having passed a driving test, the Chronicle reports (link is external).

After being spotted and pulled over by police officers in an unmarked car in Dudley, Daykin immediately got out of the vehicle he was driving, threw his hands in the air and told the officers, “I have no licence, I admit it, I shouldn’t be driving.”

The driver, who has 68 previous convictions, the last of which saw him jailed for burglary in 2019, was arrested after failing a roadside drug test. He was found to be over the limit for Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis.

After failing to show up at North Tyneside Magistrates’ Court for his initial hearing on 24 August, which prompted a warrant to be issued for his arrest, the 36-year-old appeared before the same court in custody a few days later, where he pleaded guilty to driving while over the drug limit and for driving with no insurance.

John Wesencraft, defending, said that Daykin “immediately told police he shouldn’t have been driving when he was stopped. The consequences are that he’s going to be disqualified.”

He was banned from driving for 12 months and fined £120. Upon leaving the dock, he told magistrates, “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a pedal bike.”

While Daykin appears to have voluntarily opted for the bike instead of (illegally) driving a car after his ban expires, convicted drug drivers may soon face a mandatory rehabilitation course and a requirement for medical clearance before they can regain their licence, after the government launched a public consultation in April (link is external) on the creation of a high-risk offender scheme for drug drivers.

The consultation was welcomed as a “step in the right direction” by cyclist James Herring, who has called for the police to be given greater powers to immediately suspend the licences of motorists suspected of driving under the influence of drugs, after his six-year-old son Noah was struck at 60mph in a 30mph zone by a drug driver while cycling with his father on an off-road bike lane in February 2021.

The driver, Harry Summersgill, was under the influence of a cocktail of cocaine, cannabis and ketamine at the time of the crash on the Yarm Road in Stockton. He later pleaded guilty at Teesside Crown Court to causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was sentenced to three years in prison. The 24-year-old was also banned from driving for six and a half years.

In May, we reported that a delivery driver, who did not have a driving licence, was jailed for 13 months after hitting and killing an 89-year-old cyclist in Cambridge.

33-year-old Omar Camara-Taborda told police officers at the scene of the fatal collision that he held a full Portuguese driving licence which was at home, but the next day gave detectives a fraudulent licence.

https://road.cc/content/news/im-getting-bike-drug-driver-tells-court-295689

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug qualified fairy-cyclist tells court

<jnh5oaF3mdsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13661&group=uk.rec.cycling#13661

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_“You_will_never_catch_me_driving_again_
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 15:13:29 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 14:13 UTC

> A motorist [qualified fairy-cyclist], who was banned from driving for 12 months after being caught behind the wheel while over the legal limit for cannabis and without having insurance or even a driving licence [THERE! a fully-qualified fairy-cyclist; a driver has to have a licence; anyone who doesn't have one is as qualified as they can possible be to ride a fairy-cycle; they don't need any knowledge of traffic law or the Highway Code and do not need to have the slightest regard for oter people - requirements which they frequently and repeatedly show they have in ABUNDANCE], has vowed to a court that he will never drive again… and instead will take up cycling [he's ALREADY a fully-qualified fairy-cyclist!].
>
> On 18 June this year, 36-year-old Tristan Daykin, from Killingworth, North Tyneside, agreed to give his son’s girlfriend a lift home, despite never having passed a driving test[and thereby being NOTHING BUT A FAIRY-CYCLIST], the Chronicle reports (link is external).
>
> After being spotted and pulled over by police officers in an unmarked car in Dudley, Daykin immediately got out of the vehicle he was driving, threw his hands in the air and told the officers, “I have no licence, I admit it, I shouldn’t be driving.”
>
> The driver [fairy-cyclist], who has 68 previous convictions, the last of which saw him jailed for burglary in 2019, was arrested after failing a roadside drug test. He was found to be over the limit for Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis.

[Yes - sounds like a fairy-cyclist, eh, Collins?]

> After failing to show up at North Tyneside Magistrates’ Court for his initial hearing on 24 August, which prompted a warrant to be issued for his arrest, the 36-year-old appeared before the same court in custody a few days later, where he pleaded guilty to driving while over the drug limit and for driving with no insurance.
>
> John Wesencraft, defending, said that Daykin “immediately told police he shouldn’t have been driving when he was stopped. The consequences are that he’s going to be disqualified.”

[Eh? How can you disqualify a fairy-cyclist from driving when he has no
licence? He's ALREADY "disqualified".]

> He was banned from driving for 12 months and fined £120. Upon leaving the dock, he told magistrates, “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a pedal bike.”
>
> While Daykin appears to have voluntarily opted for the bike instead of (illegally) driving a car after his ban expires, convicted drug drivers may soon face a mandatory rehabilitation course and a requirement for medical clearance before they can regain their licence, after the government launched a public consultation in April (link is external) on the creation of a high-risk offender scheme for drug drivers.
>
> The consultation was welcomed as a “step in the right direction” by cyclist James Herring, who has called for the police to be given greater powers to immediately suspend the licences of motorists suspected of driving under the influence of drugs, after his six-year-old son Noah was struck at 60mph in a 30mph zone by a drug driver while cycling with his father on an off-road bike lane in February 2021.
>
> The driver, Harry Summersgill, was under the influence of a cocktail of cocaine, cannabis and ketamine at the time of the crash on the Yarm Road in Stockton. He later pleaded guilty at Teesside Crown Court to causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was sentenced to three years in prison. The 24-year-old was also banned from driving for six and a half years.
>
> In May, we reported that a delivery driver, who did not have a driving licence, was jailed for 13 months after hitting and killing an 89-year-old cyclist in Cambridge.
>
> 33-year-old Omar Camara-Taborda told police officers at the scene of the fatal collision that he held a full Portuguese driving licence which was at home, but the next day gave detectives a fraudulent licence.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/im-getting-bike-drug-driver-tells-court-295689

Why doesn't road.cc *recognise* its own?

They know full well that the person mentioned above is nothing but a
fairy-cyclist!

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m g etting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnhandF4g43U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13666&group=uk.rec.cycling#13666

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: “You will never catch
me driving again – I’m
g etting a bike,” drug driver
tells court
Date: 3 Sep 2022 15:38:21 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 15:38 UTC

> A motorist, who was banned from driving for 12 months after being caught
> behind the wheel while over the legal limit for cannabis and without
> having insurance or even a driving licence, has vowed to a court that he
> will never drive again… and instead will take up cycling.

> https://road.cc/content/news/im-getting-bike-drug-driver-tells-court-295689

And the court believed him?

“The driver, who has 68 previous convictions, the last of which saw him
jailed for burglary in 2019, was arrested after failing a roadside drug
test”.

He’s going to fit right in to the cycling world.

--
Spike

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m g etting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnhb5lF4hqcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13671&group=uk.rec.cycling#13671

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 16:45:57 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 15:45 UTC

On 03/09/2022 04:38 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A motorist, who was banned from driving for 12 months after being caught
>> behind the wheel while over the legal limit for cannabis and without
>> having insurance or even a driving licence, has vowed to a court that he
>> will never drive again… and instead will take up cycling.
>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/im-getting-bike-drug-driver-tells-court-295689
>
> And the court believed him?
>
> “The driver, who has 68 previous convictions, the last of which saw him
> jailed for burglary in 2019, was arrested after failing a roadside drug
> test”.
>
> He’s going to fit right in to the cycling world.

He was already a fully-qualified member of it.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<6a17d8f9-e974-4be7-8f37-4eb82a83a90dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13676&group=uk.rec.cycling#13676

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 09:01:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_“You_will_never_catch_me_driving_again_–_I
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 16:01 UTC

An electric bike, a black hoodie and a balaclava and he can take both of his trips at the same time, would blend in nicely with the other electric bike, hoodie wearing chavs who leave a strange aroma and blue haze behind them.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I ’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnhh1rF5eqfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13684&group=uk.rec.cycling#13684

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Sep 2022 17:26:19 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 17:26 UTC

> An electric bike, a black hoodie and a balaclava and he can take both of
> his trips at the same time, would blend in nicely with the other electric
> bike, hoodie wearing chavs who leave a strange aroma and blue haze behind them.

And he needn’t bother with speed limits - at least until the crackdown
comes.

--
Spike

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<adb9178d-ad0c-49fb-be2d-b8c7346a3278n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13687&group=uk.rec.cycling#13687

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 10:37:26 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 17:37 UTC

More worrying - how do we keep an unsafe unlicensed driver from driving? Yeah, ban him for 12 months.

QUITE.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I ’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnhmupF6a8kU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13692&group=uk.rec.cycling#13692

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Sep 2022 19:07:05 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 19:07 UTC

> More worrying - how do we keep an unsafe unlicensed driver from driving?
> Yeah, ban him for 12 months.
>
> QUITE.

He’ll be on his bicycle soon enough…

--
Spike

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<88aa8b84-26a0-4eed-93ac-e13f04ee3639n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13696&group=uk.rec.cycling#13696

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 12:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 19:11 UTC

Shurely - with the wisdom of 68 convictions behind him and not bothering to show for the first court date - what he said was just:

"You will never *catch* me driving again."

Seems like he's not shaken the belief he won't get nicked. (Or rather doesn't much care).

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnicikF9f2vU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13706&group=uk.rec.cycling#13706

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 02:16:04 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 01:16 UTC

> An electric bike, a black hoodie and a balaclava and he can take both of his trips at the same time, would blend in nicely with the other electric bike, hoodie wearing chavs who leave a strange aroma and blue haze behind them.

Collins?

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnickuF9f2vU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13707&group=uk.rec.cycling#13707

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 02:17:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 01:17 UTC

> Shurely - with the wisdom of 68 convictions behind him and not bothering to show for the first court date - what he said was just:
>
> "You will never *catch* me driving again."
>
> Seems like he's not shaken the belief he won't get nicked. (Or rather doesn't much care).

Fully-qualified fairy-cyclists never do!

They couldn't care less about anyone except themselves.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<1700e1b2-d622-43ea-b7d7-6a3e3cabde9dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13711&group=uk.rec.cycling#13711

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 22:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 05:55 UTC

Never passed a test and gets a 12 month ban!!!! Yet another slap on the wrist sentence, when will the justice system hand out sentences that can been seen as a proper deterrent. Do you think that someone who has never passed a test will actually pay any attention to this? Even a ban for life would not stop this idiot.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I ’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnj63kFd8mjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13716&group=uk.rec.cycling#13716

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 4 Sep 2022 08:31:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 08:31 UTC

> Never passed a test and gets a 12 month ban!!!! Yet another slap on the
> wrist sentence, when will the justice system hand out sentences that can
> been seen as a proper deterrent. Do you think that someone who has never
> passed a test will actually pay any attention to this? Even a ban for
> life would not stop this idiot.

Now you’re thinking. A ban for life would not help rehabilitate him back
into society. Well done!

--
Spike

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<d15b6a7b-f759-494f-98b2-854abed88069n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13721&group=uk.rec.cycling#13721

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 02:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:35 UTC

TheBillder | 1251 posts | 16 hours ago
0 likes

Hmm... How can we punish an unlicensed driver? I know, take his licence away... er... something.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnjb8rFe05fU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13723&group=uk.rec.cycling#13723

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 10:59:55 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:59 UTC

On 04/09/2022 10:35 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> TheBillder | 1251 posts | 16 hours ago
> 0 likes
>

> Hmm... How can we punish an unlicensed driver? I know, take his licence away... er... something.

TRANSLATION into English:

"Hmm... How can we punish a fully-qualified fairy-cyclist? I know, take
his fairy-cycling licence away... [or]... something."

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a fairy-bike,” fully-qualified drug fairy-cyclist tells court

<jnjbftFe205U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13724&group=uk.rec.cycling#13724

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:03:41 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 10:03 UTC

On 04/09/2022 06:55 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Never passed a test and gets a 12 month ban!!!!

A fully-qualified fairy-cyclist* before and after the fact!

> Yet another slap on the wrist sentence, when will the justice system hand out sentences that can been seen as a proper deterrent. Do you think that someone who has never passed a test will actually pay any attention to this? Even a ban for life would not stop this idiot.

I agree. Throw the book (preferably books) at criminal fairy-cyclists
like him (whoever he is and whatever he has done).

[* Fully-qualified fairy-cyclists need know absolutely nothing about
anything in order to be fully-qualified. They don't need to have taken
or passed a test. They don't need to have demonstrated that they are not
sociopaths.]

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<b390f773-45b1-47f4-b500-1a553b5cf3e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13727&group=uk.rec.cycling#13727

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 04:38:21 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:38 UTC

QUOTE: John Wesencraft, defending, said Daykin had been persuaded to take his son's girlfriend home on the night in question. He added: "Mr Daykin immediately told police he shouldn't have been driving when he was stopped. The consequences are he's going to be disqualified." ENDS

AND QUOTE: The court heard that Daykin, who has 68 offences on his record . ENDS

There's no wonder he knew what the penalty would be with that level of offending.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” qualified drug fairy-cyclist tells court

<jnjidmFf3k8U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13732&group=uk.rec.cycling#13732

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:01:58 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:01 UTC

> QUOTE: John Wesencraft, defending, said Daykin had been persuaded to take his son's girlfriend home on the night in question. He added: "Mr Daykin immediately told police he shouldn't have been driving when he was stopped. The consequences are he's going to be disqualified." ENDS
>
> AND QUOTE: The court heard that Daykin, who has 68 offences on his record . ENDS
>
> There's no wonder he knew what the penalty would be with that level of offending.

Qualified fairy-cyclists usually get away with their crimes.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I ’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnjllgFfjl8U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13734&group=uk.rec.cycling#13734

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 4 Sep 2022 12:57:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:57 UTC

> QUOTE: John Wesencraft, defending, said Daykin had been persuaded to take
> his son's girlfriend home on the night in question. He added: "Mr Daykin
> immediately told police he shouldn't have been driving when he was
> stopped. The consequences are he's going to be disqualified." ENDS
>
> AND QUOTE: The court heard that Daykin, who has 68 offences on his record . ENDS

> There's no wonder he knew what the penalty would be with that level of offending.

He’ll do well in the cycling world.

--
Spike

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<813dad88-e450-4bb8-9c9f-8c2fa45d946en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13739&group=uk.rec.cycling#13739

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:02:53 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 16:02 UTC

QUOTE: A court heard that Daykin, who has a lengthy criminal record, immediately got out his VW Golf, held his hands up and confessed that he'd never had a licence and shouldn't be driving. Officers suspected that Daykin may also be under the influence and conducted a roadside drugs swipe, which he failed. ENDS

His girlfriend should never have agreed to accept a lift from this criminal driver.
Partly her fault.

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I ’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnkhfbFjrefU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13744&group=uk.rec.cycling#13744

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 4 Sep 2022 20:51:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 20:51 UTC

> QUOTE: A court heard that Daykin, who has a lengthy criminal record,
> immediately got out his VW Golf, held his hands up and confessed that
> he'd never had a licence and shouldn't be driving. Officers suspected
> that Daykin may also be under the influence and conducted a roadside
> drugs swipe, which he failed. ENDS

> His girlfriend should never have agreed to accept a lift from this criminal driver.

> Partly her fault.

Her fault he took drugs?

Her fault he didn’t have a licence (UK) license (foreign)?

--
Spike

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<67c84f05-5e53-40e2-b50b-38719e8b51bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13746&group=uk.rec.cycling#13746

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:59:24 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 20:59 UTC

Daveyraveygravey | 933 posts | 4 hours ago
3 likes

Can you be disqualified from something you've never actually qualified for?!
And how do you rack up 68 convictions by the age of 36?! That's 2 a year, from the second you're born!

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I ’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<jnm4kpFrdgsU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13752&group=uk.rec.cycling#13752

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 5 Sep 2022 11:25:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 11:25 UTC

> Daveyraveygravey | 933 posts | 4 hours ago
> 3 likes

> Can you be disqualified from something you've never actually qualified for?!
> And how do you rack up 68 convictions by the age of 36?! That's 2 a year,
> from the second you're born!
A London cyclist could rack up that number of violations in a couple of
weeks. No wonder there’s a crackdown coming…😀

--
Spike

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I ’m getting a bike,” unlicenced drug fairy-cyclist tells court

<jnm8cuFru41U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13769&group=uk.rec.cycling#13769

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 13:29:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 12:29 UTC

On 04/09/2022 09:51 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> QUOTE: A court heard that Daykin, who has a lengthy criminal record,
>> immediately got out his VW Golf, held his hands up and confessed that
>> he'd never had a licence and shouldn't be driving. Officers suspected
>> that Daykin may also be under the influence and conducted a roadside
>> drugs swipe, which he failed. ENDS

>> His girlfriend should never have agreed to accept a lift from this criminal driver.
>> Partly her fault.

> Her fault he took drugs?
> Her fault he didn’t have a licence (UK) license (foreign)...

....and so was a mere fully-qualified fairy-cyclist?

Re: “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court

<ef73ec7e-c950-41be-83da-3320fe49f037n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13770&group=uk.rec.cycling#13770

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 05:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
’m_getting_a_bike,”_drug_driver_tells_court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 12:30 UTC

On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 12:32:30 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A better mugshot of the driver:
>
> https://i2-prod.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article24909549.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Traistan-Daykin-CanvaJPG.jpg

At least he is not staring into his groin in that shot.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / “You will never catch me driving again – I’m getting a bike,” drug driver tells court