From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: US slams Israel's far-right
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:58:06 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:58 UTC

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2023/10/live-updates-hamas-senior-arouri-killed-beirut-blast-gaza-death-tolls-passes

<quotes>

The US State Department on Tuesday slammed comments made by far-right Israeli ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir advocating for the resettlement of Palestinians outside the Gaza Strip.

"This rhetoric is inflammatory and irresponsible," State Department spokesperson Matt Miller said in a rare statement criticizing two Israeli officials by name.

</quotes>

Re: US slams Israel's far-right

<20240103181755.0000118b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13668&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13668

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: US slams Israel's far-right
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:17:55 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:17 UTC

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:58:06 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2023/10/live-updates-hamas-senior-arouri-killed-beirut-blast-gaza-death-tolls-passes
>
> <quotes>
>
> The US State Department on Tuesday slammed comments made by far-right
> Israeli ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir advocating for
> the resettlement of Palestinians outside the Gaza Strip.
>
> "This rhetoric is inflammatory and irresponsible," State Department
> spokesperson Matt Miller said in a rare statement criticizing two
> Israeli officials by name.
>
> </quotes>

The full official US State Department statement -

https://www.state.gov/rejection-of-irresponsible-statements-on-resettlement-of-palestinians-outside-of-gaza

<quote>

The United States rejects recent statements from Israeli Ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben Gvir advocating for the resettlement of Palestinians outside of Gaza. This rhetoric is inflammatory and irresponsible. We have been told repeatedly and consistently by the Government of Israel, including by the Prime Minister, that such statements do not reflect the policy of the Israeli government. They should stop immediately.

We have been clear, consistent, and unequivocal that Gaza is Palestinian land and will remain Palestinian land, with Hamas no longer in control of its future and with no terror groups able to threaten Israel. That is the future we seek, in the interests of Israelis and Palestinians, the surrounding region, and the world.

</quote>

Welcome words but they 'count for jack' while America remains Israel's bitch and lacks a backbone and balls to stand up to Israel in any meaningful way.