6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

SubjectAuthor
* transfer from bulb to octopusVicky
+- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusMike McMillan
+* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusBrritSki
|+- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusMike McMillan
|`* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusBrritSki
| +- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusMike McMillan
| `* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusVicky
|  `- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusMike McMillan
+- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusSam Plusnet
+- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusSally Thompson
+* Re: transfer from bulb to octopussteve hague
|`- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusMike McMillan
`* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusPenny
 `* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusJenny M Benson
  `* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusVicky
   `* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusPenny
    `* Re: transfer from bulb to octopusVicky
     `- Re: transfer from bulb to octopusJenny M Benson

1
transfer from bulb to octopus

<7ngdrh5b8asv02gvtj2hd2c440ljaiui6p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13571&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13571

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: transfer from bulb to octopus
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:40:29 +0000
 by: Vicky - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:40 UTC

I just got a letter. The court decreed on 30/11 that the date of
transfer was 20/12/22 and debit or credit on your a/c is then
transferred.

I was £1.62 in credit on 2/12/22 when my £67 went in. I had paid off
the statement with cc online when it came at the end of NOv as I no
longer have a DD.

The new statement on 29/12 said I am now £1045.69
- £1044.07 in debit. They f88cked up the readings, data entry wrong
and we've exchanged 7 emails each way since. I sent readings again
and photos of the S@@@ding meters, gas and electric, and now they
insist I am £400+ owing to them. It was around £200+ for the previous
3 months and we've not used more. They doubled the electricity figure.
I've been dealing with the complaint dpt but told the woman to give it
to HER boss. Sent them the pdf files for Nov, Oct, Sept, and waiting
to see now. I'm so glad no DD!

Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<tp6ohl$2rikl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13574&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13574

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: transfer from bulb to octopus
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 14:57:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:bTuCqM1VzBDkWX7haf8hMZRvM3A=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 14:57 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got a letter. The court decreed on 30/11 that the date of
> transfer was 20/12/22 and debit or credit on your a/c is then
> transferred.
>
> I was £1.62 in credit on 2/12/22 when my £67 went in. I had paid off
> the statement with cc online when it came at the end of NOv as I no
> longer have a DD.
>
> The new statement on 29/12 said I am now £1045.69
> - £1044.07 in debit. They f88cked up the readings, data entry wrong
> and we've exchanged 7 emails each way since. I sent readings again
> and photos of the S@@@ding meters, gas and electric, and now they
> insist I am £400+ owing to them. It was around £200+ for the previous
> 3 months and we've not used more. They doubled the electricity figure.
> I've been dealing with the complaint dpt but told the woman to give it
> to HER boss. Sent them the pdf files for Nov, Oct, Sept, and waiting
> to see now. I'm so glad no DD!
>
> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?

Can’t say it sounds like Octopus; I may only have been with them since last
summer but, in my and others I have spoken / written to / with’s opinions,
8 tentacles seem very fair in the way they operate and their ethos and that
of Greg Jackson seems to be above such saucery to me.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<k1oci0Fdh8fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13575&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13575

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 16:35:11 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 16:35 UTC

On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:

> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?

They have been buggering about with my statements since September when
they sent me a new one recalculating the previous 3 months but with very
little overall change.

They have been using very slightly different estimates instead of my
actual readings and claiming to have "read" my gas meter which is not
"smart" and they haven't visited !

I have been complaining, not because I think I've been overcharged, but
fed up with all the confusion. I think this is down to Bulb as not
transferred to Octopus yet, but I am putting it down to incompetence
rather than deliberate malfeasance.

However, today I got a revised December statement that has recalculated
the last SIX months and showing me having more credit than I had before
which if true is a pleasant surprise. I need to go through in detail to
compare with my previous statements and readings sent. Stay tuned...

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<tp6v7s$2saj4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13576&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13576

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 16:52:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4bsrxM8FTNpPF0eVt2v+RrIIDJI=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 16:52 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:
>>
>> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
>> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?
>>
> They have been buggering about with my statements since September when
> they sent me a new one recalculating the previous 3 months but with very
> little overall change.
>
> They have been using very slightly different estimates instead of my
> actual readings and claiming to have "read" my gas meter which is not
> "smart" and they haven't visited !
>
> I have been complaining, not because I think I've been overcharged, but
> fed up with all the confusion. I think this is down to Bulb as not
> transferred to Octopus yet, but I am putting it down to incompetence
> rather than deliberate malfeasance.
>
> However, today I got a revised December statement that has recalculated
> the last SIX months and showing me having more credit than I had before
> which if true is a pleasant surprise. I need to go through in detail to
> compare with my previous statements and readings sent. Stay tuned...

Perhaps they can’r decide whether it is a BC or ES fitting! ;-))) (Just be
prepared to fix your bayonet if they have screwed it up!)

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<P7GtL.1792963$pI23.403174@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13588&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13588

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 20:09:20 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 20:09 UTC

On 05-Jan-23 12:40, Vicky wrote:

> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?

I give them (Octopus) new meter readings online every month, and they
simply use those figures. The only possible 'data entry' errors would
be mine - and I double check each one.

We've been with Octopus since Avro went bust in Sept 21.

My only complaint was when they offered me a prediction of what my
monthly DD should be (which I accepted) only to find them charging me
£67 more than that.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<k1p255FgposU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13598&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13598

From: thompson...@gmail.com.invalid (Sally Thompson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 5 Jan 2023 22:43:49 GMT
 by: Sally Thompson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 22:43 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got a letter. The court decreed on 30/11 that the date of
> transfer was 20/12/22 and debit or credit on your a/c is then
> transferred.
>
> I was £1.62 in credit on 2/12/22 when my £67 went in. I had paid off
> the statement with cc online when it came at the end of NOv as I no
> longer have a DD.
>
> The new statement on 29/12 said I am now £1045.69
> - £1044.07 in debit. They f88cked up the readings, data entry wrong
> and we've exchanged 7 emails each way since. I sent readings again
> and photos of the S@@@ding meters, gas and electric, and now they
> insist I am £400+ owing to them. It was around £200+ for the previous
> 3 months and we've not used more. They doubled the electricity figure.
> I've been dealing with the complaint dpt but told the woman to give it
> to HER boss. Sent them the pdf files for Nov, Oct, Sept, and waiting
> to see now. I'm so glad no DD!
>
> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?

FWIW I've had no problems and am still with Bulb. All their emails and
information tell me I need do nothing, so I haven't. I have a DD but only
I can change it, they can suggest changes but I don't have to follow them.
We are in credit and I'm happy about that as a way of budgeting over the
winter. I'm sorry you are having such apparent complications.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<tp8gp9$hf4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13600&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13600

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 06:57:45 +0000
 by: steve hague - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 06:57 UTC

On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:
> I just got a letter. The court decreed on 30/11 that the date of
> transfer was 20/12/22 and debit or credit on your a/c is then
> transferred.
>
> I was £1.62 in credit on 2/12/22 when my £67 went in. I had paid off
> the statement with cc online when it came at the end of NOv as I no
> longer have a DD.
>
> The new statement on 29/12 said I am now £1045.69
> - £1044.07 in debit. They f88cked up the readings, data entry wrong
> and we've exchanged 7 emails each way since. I sent readings again
> and photos of the S@@@ding meters, gas and electric, and now they
> insist I am £400+ owing to them. It was around £200+ for the previous
> 3 months and we've not used more. They doubled the electricity figure.
> I've been dealing with the complaint dpt but told the woman to give it
> to HER boss. Sent them the pdf files for Nov, Oct, Sept, and waiting
> to see now. I'm so glad no DD!
>
> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?

I feel your pain Vicky, but "Transfer from Bulb to Octopus" is perhaps
the best title for a second album which is yet to be made.
Steve

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<tp8m4q$349ca$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13602&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13602

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 08:29:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:umVIlRARJ+WxcParNrKtAKqqkrs=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 08:29 UTC

steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:
>> I just got a letter. The court decreed on 30/11 that the date of
>> transfer was 20/12/22 and debit or credit on your a/c is then
>> transferred.
>>
>> I was £1.62 in credit on 2/12/22 when my £67 went in. I had paid off
>> the statement with cc online when it came at the end of NOv as I no
>> longer have a DD.
>>
>> The new statement on 29/12 said I am now £1045.69
>> - £1044.07 in debit. They f88cked up the readings, data entry wrong
>> and we've exchanged 7 emails each way since. I sent readings again
>> and photos of the S@@@ding meters, gas and electric, and now they
>> insist I am £400+ owing to them. It was around £200+ for the previous
>> 3 months and we've not used more. They doubled the electricity figure.
>> I've been dealing with the complaint dpt but told the woman to give it
>> to HER boss. Sent them the pdf files for Nov, Oct, Sept, and waiting
>> to see now. I'm so glad no DD!
>>
>> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
>> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?
>>
> I feel your pain Vicky, but "Transfer from Bulb to Octopus" is perhaps
> the best title for a second album which is yet to be made.
> Steve

Anywhere near Fernando?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<9nrfrh5tdc27aj5ncpbn54crub5qpaunia@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13606&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13606

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 09:57:46 +0000
 by: Penny - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 09:57 UTC

On Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:40:29 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>I just got a letter. The court decreed on 30/11 that the date of
>transfer was 20/12/22 and debit or credit on your a/c is then
>transferred.
>
>I was £1.62 in credit on 2/12/22 when my £67 went in. I had paid off
>the statement with cc online when it came at the end of NOv as I no
>longer have a DD.
>
>The new statement on 29/12 said I am now £1045.69
>- £1044.07 in debit. They f88cked up the readings, data entry wrong
>and we've exchanged 7 emails each way since. I sent readings again
>and photos of the S@@@ding meters, gas and electric, and now they
>insist I am £400+ owing to them. It was around £200+ for the previous
>3 months and we've not used more. They doubled the electricity figure.
>I've been dealing with the complaint dpt but told the woman to give it
>to HER boss. Sent them the pdf files for Nov, Oct, Sept, and waiting
>to see now. I'm so glad no DD!
>
>Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
>much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?

I have a smart meter, which has been working properly, as far as I know,
since they eventually replaced it after a year of it only measuring the gas
usage. I complained a lot about that at the time. The problem probably
belonged to Siemens, leaving Bulb with unhappy customers because they kept
saying it was a one-off problem and they were still trying to fix it.

Price changes have been rampant (and confusing) in the last few months. The
most annoying being the huge change in daily charge. I'm told I will be
switched to Octopus very soon. Meanwhile, credit keeps arriving from
Government at regular intervals and a large 'Winter Fuel Allowance' was
mentioned too.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<k1qcs6FmqsiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13609&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13609

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 10:52:53 +0000
 by: Jenny M Benson - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 10:52 UTC

On 06/01/2023 09:57, Penny wrote:
> Meanwhile, credit keeps arriving from
> Government at regular intervals and a large 'Winter Fuel Allowance' was
> mentioned too.

Or not so regularly ... I was checking a statement from E-on very
carefully because the bill was enormous and read where it would said I
would get £66 or £67 knocked off my electricity bill every month in the
winter. No mention of that on this statement which was for payment a
little later this month. But on going back through several statements
found that 2 dollops of £60-odd had been credited on the same bill a
couple of months ago.

Incidentally, I don't have much complaint at all about E-on EXCEPT that
I don't think I've ever seen such complicated bills/statements from any
other company as those since E-on spent all that money becoming E-on
Next. And why on earth that have to send me separate bills for Gas and
Electricity on consecutive days and then take the money separately on 2
consecutive days I have no idea.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<k1qeelFn3ctU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13612&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13612

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:19:49 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:19 UTC

On 05/01/2023 16:35, BrritSki wrote:
> On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:
>>
>> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
>> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?
>>
> They have been buggering about with my statements since September when
> they sent me a new one recalculating the previous 3 months but with very
> little overall change.
>
> They have been using very slightly different estimates instead of my
> actual readings and claiming to have "read" my gas meter which is not
> "smart" and they haven't visited !
>
> I have been complaining, not because I think I've been overcharged, but
> fed up with all the confusion. I think this is down to Bulb as not
> transferred to Octopus yet, but I am putting it down to incompetence
> rather than deliberate malfeasance.
>
> However, today I got a revised December statement that has recalculated
> the last SIX months and showing me having more credit than I had before
> which if true is a pleasant surprise. I need to go through in detail to
> compare with my previous statements and readings sent. Stay tuned...

A new reply to my complaint states that we DO have a Smart meter, which
in fact I knew, but it is an old 1st-gen one fitted by E-ON and I didn't
think that was able to be taken on by anyone else. Sort of confirmed
that there was never a smart meter reading taken for the first 3 years
with Bulb and we were briefly with Octopus when we moved in before that
(we only changed because O. didn't offer the FIT Tariff back then).

I have also been offered £20 for all the bill corrections which I have
accepted :)

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<tp9166$35bdn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13616&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13616

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:37:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8zRhFAfA3viQ/307GV9iqfSSldw=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:37 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/01/2023 16:35, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone else having 'data entry' mistakes? B says they want to gouge as
>>> much as possible before we leave but is this Octopus or Bulb?
>>>
>> They have been buggering about with my statements since September when
>> they sent me a new one recalculating the previous 3 months but with very
>> little overall change.
>>
>> They have been using very slightly different estimates instead of my
>> actual readings and claiming to have "read" my gas meter which is not
>> "smart" and they haven't visited !
>>
>> I have been complaining, not because I think I've been overcharged, but
>> fed up with all the confusion. I think this is down to Bulb as not
>> transferred to Octopus yet, but I am putting it down to incompetence
>> rather than deliberate malfeasance.
>>
>> However, today I got a revised December statement that has recalculated
>> the last SIX months and showing me having more credit than I had before
>> which if true is a pleasant surprise. I need to go through in detail to
>> compare with my previous statements and readings sent. Stay tuned...
>>
> A new reply to my complaint states that we DO have a Smart meter, which
> in fact I knew, but it is an old 1st-gen one fitted by E-ON and I didn't
> think that was able to be taken on by anyone else. Sort of confirmed
> that there was never a smart meter reading taken for the first 3 years
> with Bulb and we were briefly with Octopus when we moved in before that
> (we only changed because O. didn't offer the FIT Tariff back then).
>
> I have also been offered £20 for all the bill corrections which I have
> accepted :)

We were with N-Power and after some years of all working well with a SMETS1
meter, we were shoved over to Eon without a milliwatt of consideration and
very little more notification. Well that’s when the troubles started as Eon
then EonNext or whoever they are, couldn’t get any readings from our gas or
electricity meters. We were right royally messed around with for some years
with estimated readings, the occasional meter reader visit then more
estimated readings. Despite requests, they would not come and attend to the
meters, they even told me they would be doing it remotely, then later said
they didn’t need updating, they then said they were working but the
estimated readings continued…. When we went to Octopus Energy, I warned
them about all the problems and the supposed remote updating that Eon had /
hadn’t carried out. Within days, Octopus confirmed they could read the
meters and within a month or so, confirmed they could also get half hourly
readings from the electricity meter and we then transferred to the Agile
tariff which has saved us a considerable amount. Some days, the nearest
comparison on another of their tariffs would be about £4.60 and the Agile
comes to 68 pence or thereabouts [or even pay us 60 pence or so] - yes we
can be flexible as we have a battery and charge this at advantageous times.
Roll on the increase in solar input to the system now; we have had a few
days with as little as 0.5kWh but most have been 4.6 - 6 kW/h per day
recently. I am looking forward to 40 kW/h + days in a few months!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<s12grhl9lgrspo6ll429o4sgg25ell0jo5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13617&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13617

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 11:39:30 +0000
 by: Vicky - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:39 UTC

On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 10:52:53 +0000, Jenny M Benson
<NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Or not so regularly ... I was checking a statement from E-on very
>carefully because the bill was enormous and read where it would said I
>would get £66 or £67 knocked off my electricity bill every month in the
>winter. No mention of that on this statement which was for payment a
>little later this month. But on going back through several statements
>found that 2 dollops of £60-odd had been credited on the same bill a
>couple of months ago.
>
>Incidentally, I don't have much complaint at all about E-on EXCEPT that
>I don't think I've ever seen such complicated bills/statements from any
>other company as those since E-on spent all that money becoming E-on
>Next. And why on earth that have to send me separate bills for Gas and
>Electricity on consecutive days and then take the money separately on 2
>consecutive days I have no idea.

Oh the £67 has gone innto my a/c regularly, monthly. And the bills are
very confusing but then combine G & E into one in the staement.

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<e42grh9ivp9vmbqqmsjvo5d9bjf0cfov29@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13618&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13618

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 11:40:48 +0000
 by: Vicky - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:40 UTC

On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:19:49 +0000, BrritSki
<rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 05/01/2023 16:35, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:
>>>

>I have also been offered £20 for all the bill corrections which I have
>accepted :)

I suggested a couple of emails ago that I will charge them for my time
and upset, as a poor old woman.

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<tp92pl$35gu6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13623&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13623

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 12:05:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ELM4I78Vw+jX1xW2+yJKPNUZO04=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 12:05 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 11:19:49 +0000, BrritSki
> <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/01/2023 16:35, BrritSki wrote:
>>> On 05/01/2023 12:40, Vicky wrote:
>>>>

>> I have also been offered £20 for all the bill corrections which I have
>> accepted :)
>>

> I suggested a couple of emails ago that I will charge them for my time
> and upset, as a poor old woman.

In the early days with Octopus Energy, (Did I mention the absolute mess
EonNextPrevious had made of my energy bills with estimates and guesses?)
they had very little guidance from my previous bills as to what to start
charging me. Octopus made an estimate of likely consumption based on Eon’s
guesses and as it turned out, they were way higher than actual consumption.
I contacted them and they arranged to reduce the DD amount, but the new
instructions took too long to go through to finance and the larger sum was
still taken. I contacted Octopus again, explained, received an apology and
a very nice sum of money as a ‘goodwill gesture’ and a request to know if I
would like a reimbursement or let it accumulate towards my next bill.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<qsoirh169h2jtr4ejuco6dgkcc6egdocne@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13663&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13663

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 12:23:04 +0000
 by: Penny - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 12:23 UTC

On Fri, 06 Jan 2023 11:39:30 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 10:52:53 +0000, Jenny M Benson
><NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Or not so regularly ... I was checking a statement from E-on very
>>carefully because the bill was enormous and read where it would said I
>>would get £66 or £67 knocked off my electricity bill every month in the
>>winter. No mention of that on this statement which was for payment a
>>little later this month. But on going back through several statements
>>found that 2 dollops of £60-odd had been credited on the same bill a
>>couple of months ago.
>>
>>Incidentally, I don't have much complaint at all about E-on EXCEPT that
>>I don't think I've ever seen such complicated bills/statements from any
>>other company as those since E-on spent all that money becoming E-on
>>Next. And why on earth that have to send me separate bills for Gas and
>>Electricity on consecutive days and then take the money separately on 2
>>consecutive days I have no idea.
>
>Oh the £67 has gone innto my a/c regularly, monthly. And the bills are
>very confusing but then combine G & E into one in the staement.

That's confusing - though maybe it's handle differently in N Ireland where
a chap on Money Box just said, if you don't use Direct Debit, you get a
voucher which can be cashed/paid into a bank account at the Post Office.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<dvsirhtjs058d1jhmk4o0u35ep0fo3k3jr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13666&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13666

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 13:35:41 +0000
 by: Vicky - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 13:35 UTC

On Sat, 07 Jan 2023 12:23:04 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Jan 2023 11:39:30 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
>gribouillé dans la poussière...
>
>>On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 10:52:53 +0000, Jenny M Benson
>><NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Or not so regularly ... I was checking a statement from E-on very
>>>carefully because the bill was enormous and read where it would said I
>>>would get £66 or £67 knocked off my electricity bill every month in the
>>>winter. No mention of that on this statement which was for payment a
>>>little later this month. But on going back through several statements
>>>found that 2 dollops of £60-odd had been credited on the same bill a
>>>couple of months ago.
>>>
>>>Incidentally, I don't have much complaint at all about E-on EXCEPT that
>>>I don't think I've ever seen such complicated bills/statements from any
>>>other company as those since E-on spent all that money becoming E-on
>>>Next. And why on earth that have to send me separate bills for Gas and
>>>Electricity on consecutive days and then take the money separately on 2
>>>consecutive days I have no idea.
>>
>>Oh the £67 has gone innto my a/c regularly, monthly. And the bills are
>>very confusing but then combine G & E into one in the staement.
>
>That's confusing - though maybe it's handle differently in N Ireland where
>a chap on Money Box just said, if you don't use Direct Debit, you get a
>voucher which can be cashed/paid into a bank account at the Post Office.

I had DD until about 5 or 6 months ago when I got fed up with the
estimates. I was in credit and they wanted to up my DD so I paid up
and closed the DD.They got very upset and when I log on tell me if I
don't make a new DD I will get behind with payments and go in to debt
:).

I registered a few years ago for the priority thing as an OAP who is
disabled and our meters have been read a few times a year and their
readings tie in fine with ours. It should be 4 times year.Not sure
it is. WHen I look at the bulb payments and power use pages it shows
the list of readings and some we did are shown as estimates I think.
Where 2 readings happen in a day or so of each other it is usually
because the reader came and we read too. Or sometimes because they
give a mad estimate and I write to them and they correct it.

Re: transfer from bulb to octopus

<k1tee4F4f29U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13670&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13670

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 14:37:54 +0000
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 14:37 UTC

On 07/01/2023 13:35, Vicky wrote:
> I had DD until about 5 or 6 months ago when I got fed up with the
> estimates. I was in credit and they wanted to up my DD so I paid up
> and closed the DD.They got very upset and when I log on tell me if I
> don't make a new DD I will get behind with payments and go in to debt

I used to pay the whole bill quarterly (which was only estimated
occasionally, I think, asI usually submitted a reading if they asked me
to) but when E-on moved to the Next level they told me I had opted to
pay monthly by DD (I hadn't) and they now take the right amount each
month, based on my Smart meter.
--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK