Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have. -- Harry Emerson Fosdick

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting schoolchildren in danger

SubjectAuthor
* Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
|+- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingJNugent
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingJNugent
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
+- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingJNugent
+- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs areSpike
| `- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingJNugent
+* Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingJNugent
`- Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are puttingswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting schoolchildren in danger

<jngrmvF26g5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13653&group=uk.rec.cycling#13653

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are
putting schoolchildren in danger
Date: 3 Sep 2022 11:22:07 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 11:22 UTC

🙄

--
Spike

Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting schoolchildren in danger

<jngrusF27ahU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13654&group=uk.rec.cycling#13654

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting
schoolchildren in danger
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 12:26:20 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 11:26 UTC

On 03/09/2022 12:22 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hawkinspeter | 9603 posts | 1 day ago
>>
>> She should start her own Leopards Eating People Faces Party
>
> 🙄

No... me neither.

Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting schoolchildren in danger

<dc8c60f8-572a-4bd6-a711-77b209eb7a86n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13657&group=uk.rec.cycling#13657

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 05:58:46 -0700 (PDT)
schoolchildren in danger
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 12:58 UTC

QUOTE: the parents of children attending the Bilingual Primary School in Hove set up a ‘bike train’ to get their kids to school safely. ENDS

Good for the parents - the nasty councillor must be fuming at the sight of happy children cycling to school despite her scuppering attempts.

Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting schoolchildren in danger

<jnh5snF3mdsU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13663&group=uk.rec.cycling#13663

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
schoolchildren in danger
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 15:15:51 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 14:15 UTC

> QUOTE: the parents of children attending the Bilingual Primary School in Hove set up a ‘bike train’ to get their kids to school safely. ENDS
>
> Good for the parents - the nasty councillor must be fuming at the sight of happy children cycling to school despite her scuppering attempts.

Have you ever *seen* the Lower Shoreham Road?

No... I didn't think you had...

Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting schoolchildren in danger

<9fad49c0-7f1b-4e86-bfa6-10c4408e7e0cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13673&group=uk.rec.cycling#13673

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 08:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
schoolchildren in danger
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 15:55 UTC

QUOTE: Barnett told the Argus (link is external) that “extremely heavy vehicles are doing circuits” around Hangleton Valley Drive, St Helen’s Drive, Hangleton Way, and (the appropriately titled) Broad Rig Avenue as part of apparent lessons for HGV drivers, which she claims is “detracting from the amenity of the neighbourhood and causing vibrations under houses”. ENDS

How much "vibration" were the cycling schoolkids creating, Ms Barnett?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Anti-cycle lane councillor now furious that HGVs are putting schoolchildren in danger