Expedience is the best teacher.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

SubjectAuthor
* Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 1st to 6thcarolet
+* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
|+* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 1stJohn Ashby
||`* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Nick Odell
|| `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Serena Blanchflower
||  `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Nick Odell
||   `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
||    `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Mike McMillan
||     `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
||      +* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Mike McMillan
||      |+- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023John Ashby
||      |`* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
||      | +- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Mike McMillan
||      | +- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Nick Odell
||      | +- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Sam Plusnet
||      | `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Rosie Mitchell
||      |  +* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
||      |  |+- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Rosie Mitchell
||      |  |`- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023John Armstrong
||      |  `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Chris
||      |   `- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Rosie Mitchell
||      `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Chris
||       `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
||        `- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Chris
|`* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 1stSerena Blanchflower
| +* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 1stcarolet
| |`- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
| `- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers ? 1st to 6th January 2023Vicky
+- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 1stSam Plusnet
+- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 1stJohn Ashby
`* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers – 1stJohn Ashby
 `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Nick Odell
  `* Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023Mike McMillan
   `- Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023krw

Pages:12
Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<1WFsL.2470998$f0c6.22650@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13499&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13499

Subject: Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 19:05:32 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 19:05 UTC

On 02-Jan-23 11:51, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 10:21:32 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I want to know what happens to the people in Ambridge. I like some
>>> story lines. I like discussing them, and also complaining about some
>>> of them. I thought this was a place to do so.
>>>

>> Nah, you have the wrong idea there Vickey! There is an unwritten law that
>> Religion, Politics and The Archers are the three forbidden subjects in this
>> newsgroup! ;-)))
>
> I think Vince votes Conservative. Brian too? Would Jenny vote Lib-Dem?
> Peggy is maybe conservative too and Leonard and Jill?

Has anyone on TA ever contacted their local MP, or simply mentioned them?

Over the years, I would have expected Lindy-pops to have fired off a
missive on a monthly basis.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<87lemkems5.fsf@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13501&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13501

From: walneyr...@gmail.com (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 19:53:14 +0000
<t4h5rhpm6ii76co7p77q6530tqm1bjrbsp@4ax.com>
sha1:G1jsB5+1d4xk6J57Rt1XmpsTIf0=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 19:53 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 10:21:32 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>
>>Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I want to know what happens to the people in Ambridge. I like some
>>> story lines. I like discussing them, and also complaining about some
>>> of them. I thought this was a place to do so.
>>>

>>Nah, you have the wrong idea there Vickey! There is an unwritten law that
>>Religion, Politics and The Archers are the three forbidden subjects in this
>>newsgroup! ;-)))
>
> I think Vince votes Conservative. Brian too? Would Jenny vote Lib-Dem?
> Peggy is maybe conservative too and Leonard and Jill?
>
> We know either Jill or Peggy disapproved of female vicars. Oh, was it
> Peggy? I wonder what she thinks of Shula going into training to be
> one.

I'm never quite sure who's left these days. I haven't listened for quite
a while. It's all new young characters these days and I can't engage
with them somehow.

I should imagine most of the older characters would be gut Tories. They
probably don't think much of the present parliamentary Conservative
Party and some of them might register a protest Lib Dem vote in a
by-election, but when push comes to shove they'd revert to the habit of
a lifetime.

Brian, Jennifer, David, Shula, Kenton, Susan, all straight-down-the-line
Conservatives. Ruth is Lib Dem or possibly Green. Younger villagers
might lean Green. Tony and Pat Lib Dem, veering Green. Helen certainly
Green. Tom is a Tory I think. Debbie is a new-style non-patriarchal Tory
of the to hell with ethics if it makes money school. Kate if she votes
at all votes Green to spite the rest of her family.

Mike Tucker was always the token Labour man wasn't he? And Betty
too. Neil might vote Labour if only to spite Susan. All old-school
Labour though.

Rosie

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<n3i6rhl59v2umo8eqvhkdoahibl53qbfdp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13503&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13503

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 21:12:55 +0000
References: <tomfvo$khe7$1@dont-email.me> <0fhtqh1kr5qrtl6apu4dnlv13qup7b3goi@4ax.com> <tomic6$l8so$1@dont-email.me> <084uqh19hojq5t6v1qjqrir9en9tbvd47c@4ax.com> <tong1e$kcp3$1@dont-email.me> <s8u3rh96kmn3pjbmcr8osp1q5qphr7lbe3@4ax.com> <0a04rh9821me2r5ptvpoln1b7e52be0v2j@4ax.com> <tou69f$1nbo5$1@dont-email.me> <mv95rh5vf8fr89ieat3hlhsqjto5s7qvfv@4ax.com> <toub7c$1nqmq$1@dont-email.me> <t4h5rhpm6ii76co7p77q6530tqm1bjrbsp@4ax.com> <87lemkems5.fsf@gmail.com>
 by: Vicky - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 21:12 UTC

On Mon, 02 Jan 2023 19:53:14 +0000, Rosie Mitchell
<walneyrose@gmail.com> wrote:

>Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 10:21:32 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
>> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>>>Nah, you have the wrong idea there Vickey! There is an unwritten law that
>>>Religion, Politics and The Archers are the three forbidden subjects in this
>>>newsgroup! ;-)))
>>
>> I think Vince votes Conservative. Brian too? Would Jenny vote Lib-Dem?
>> Peggy is maybe conservative too and Leonard and Jill?
>>
>> We know either Jill or Peggy disapproved of female vicars. Oh, was it
>> Peggy? I wonder what she thinks of Shula going into training to be
>> one.
>
>I'm never quite sure who's left these days. I haven't listened for quite
>a while. It's all new young characters these days and I can't engage
>with them somehow.
>
>I should imagine most of the older characters would be gut Tories. They
>probably don't think much of the present parliamentary Conservative
>Party and some of them might register a protest Lib Dem vote in a
>by-election, but when push comes to shove they'd revert to the habit of
>a lifetime.
>
>Brian, Jennifer, David, Shula, Kenton, Susan, all straight-down-the-line
>Conservatives. Ruth is Lib Dem or possibly Green. Younger villagers
>might lean Green. Tony and Pat Lib Dem, veering Green. Helen certainly
>Green. Tom is a Tory I think. Debbie is a new-style non-patriarchal Tory
>of the to hell with ethics if it makes money school. Kate if she votes
>at all votes Green to spite the rest of her family.
>
>Mike Tucker was always the token Labour man wasn't he? And Betty
>too. Neil might vote Labour if only to spite Susan. All old-school
>Labour though.
>
>Rosie

Surely Pip, Adam, Kirsty and Rex are Greens?
Would Jzzer be Labour? Or Scots Nationalist? And Josh and Johnny might
be Labour.

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<tovj37$1srde$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13504&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13504

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 21:41:59 -0000 (UTC)
<prn5rh92a6jd8rc33l3ljpnel85qfv8jle@4ax.com>
sha1:N/Y7qVZ8J2LC0LouQAn7xiUnzJk=
 by: Chris - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 21:41 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 11:50:31 -0000 (UTC), Chris
> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I want to know what happens to the people in Ambridge. I like some
>>> story lines. I like discussing them, and also complaining about some
>>> of them. I thought this was a place to do so.
>>>

>> Yes but that as a big fat spoiler for the next omnibus.
>>
>> Mrs McT
>
> Do you mean my post was a spoiler? I left spoiler space and said it
> was a spoiler

> with more space under that. Wasn't it enough?
> Sorry.

Oh sorry, I didn’t see “and spoiler* in the heading. As you were

Mrs McT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<tovj37$1srde$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13505&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13505

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 21:41:59 -0000 (UTC)
<t4h5rhpm6ii76co7p77q6530tqm1bjrbsp@4ax.com>
<87lemkems5.fsf@gmail.com>
sha1:s3rn2ls9pm4ip80UUgE+iFwwzik=
 by: Chris - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 21:41 UTC

Rosie Mitchell <walneyrose@gmail.com> wrote:
> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 10:21:32 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
>> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>>> Nah, you have the wrong idea there Vickey! There is an unwritten law that
>>> Religion, Politics and The Archers are the three forbidden subjects in this
>>> newsgroup! ;-)))
>>
>> I think Vince votes Conservative. Brian too? Would Jenny vote Lib-Dem?
>> Peggy is maybe conservative too and Leonard and Jill?
>>
>> We know either Jill or Peggy disapproved of female vicars. Oh, was it
>> Peggy? I wonder what she thinks of Shula going into training to be
>> one.
>
> I'm never quite sure who's left these days. I haven't listened for quite
> a while. It's all new young characters these days and I can't engage
> with them somehow.
>
> I should imagine most of the older characters would be gut Tories. They
> probably don't think much of the present parliamentary Conservative
> Party and some of them might register a protest Lib Dem vote in a
> by-election, but when push comes to shove they'd revert to the habit of
> a lifetime.
>
> Brian, Jennifer, David, Shula, Kenton, Susan, all straight-down-the-line
> Conservatives. Ruth is Lib Dem or possibly Green. Younger villagers
> might lean Green. Tony and Pat Lib Dem, veering Green. Helen certainly
> Green. Tom is a Tory I think. Debbie is a new-style non-patriarchal Tory
> of the to hell with ethics if it makes money school. Kate if she votes
> at all votes Green to spite the rest of her family.
>
> Mike Tucker was always the token Labour man wasn't he? And Betty
> too. Neil might vote Labour if only to spite Susan. All old-school
> Labour though.
>
> Rosie

Debbie being in Yurp probably doesn’t vote.

Mrs McT

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<87cz7wedbm.fsf@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13507&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13507

From: walneyr...@gmail.com (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 23:17:33 +0000
<t4h5rhpm6ii76co7p77q6530tqm1bjrbsp@4ax.com>
<87lemkems5.fsf@gmail.com>
<n3i6rhl59v2umo8eqvhkdoahibl53qbfdp@4ax.com>
sha1:Gh5hUSkYegviNejp+ygM5vGJOV0=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 23:17 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 02 Jan 2023 19:53:14 +0000, Rosie Mitchell
> <walneyrose@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I think Vince votes Conservative. Brian too? Would Jenny vote Lib-Dem?
>>> Peggy is maybe conservative too and Leonard and Jill?
>>>
>>> We know either Jill or Peggy disapproved of female vicars. Oh, was it
>>> Peggy? I wonder what she thinks of Shula going into training to be
>>> one.
>>
>>I'm never quite sure who's left these days. I haven't listened for quite
>>a while. It's all new young characters these days and I can't engage
>>with them somehow.
>>
>>I should imagine most of the older characters would be gut Tories. They
>>probably don't think much of the present parliamentary Conservative
>>Party and some of them might register a protest Lib Dem vote in a
>>by-election, but when push comes to shove they'd revert to the habit of
>>a lifetime.
>>
>>Brian, Jennifer, David, Shula, Kenton, Susan, all straight-down-the-line
>>Conservatives. Ruth is Lib Dem or possibly Green. Younger villagers
>>might lean Green. Tony and Pat Lib Dem, veering Green. Helen certainly
>>Green. Tom is a Tory I think. Debbie is a new-style non-patriarchal Tory
>>of the to hell with ethics if it makes money school. Kate if she votes
>>at all votes Green to spite the rest of her family.
>>
>>Mike Tucker was always the token Labour man wasn't he? And Betty
>>too. Neil might vote Labour if only to spite Susan. All old-school
>>Labour though.
>>
>>Rosie
>
> Surely Pip, Adam, Kirsty and Rex are Greens?

I count those as younger villagers so, yes.

> Would Jzzer be Labour? Or Scots Nationalist? And Josh and Johnny might
> be Labour.

Jazzer would be a shoo-in for the SNP if he went back to Glasgow (why
doesn't he? I can't seriously imagine him being all that happy in the
brown and muddy English countryside). But in Felpersham North (or is it
Borsetshire West?) he won't be able to. My guess is that Jazzer is a
non-voter.

Rosie

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<878riked6z.fsf@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13508&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13508

From: walneyr...@gmail.com (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 23:20:20 +0000
<t4h5rhpm6ii76co7p77q6530tqm1bjrbsp@4ax.com>
<87lemkems5.fsf@gmail.com> <tovj37$1srde$2@dont-email.me>
sha1:8LsM+R3hGlmw8UkHS5bekZkOk30=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 23:20 UTC

Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Rosie Mitchell <walneyrose@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I think Vince votes Conservative. Brian too? Would Jenny vote Lib-Dem?
>>> Peggy is maybe conservative too and Leonard and Jill?
>>>
>>> We know either Jill or Peggy disapproved of female vicars. Oh, was it
>>> Peggy? I wonder what she thinks of Shula going into training to be
>>> one.
>>
>> I'm never quite sure who's left these days. I haven't listened for quite
>> a while. It's all new young characters these days and I can't engage
>> with them somehow.
>>
>> I should imagine most of the older characters would be gut Tories. They
>> probably don't think much of the present parliamentary Conservative
>> Party and some of them might register a protest Lib Dem vote in a
>> by-election, but when push comes to shove they'd revert to the habit of
>> a lifetime.
>>
>> Brian, Jennifer, David, Shula, Kenton, Susan, all straight-down-the-line
>> Conservatives. Ruth is Lib Dem or possibly Green. Younger villagers
>> might lean Green. Tony and Pat Lib Dem, veering Green. Helen certainly
>> Green. Tom is a Tory I think. Debbie is a new-style non-patriarchal Tory
>> of the to hell with ethics if it makes money school. Kate if she votes
>> at all votes Green to spite the rest of her family.
>>
>> Mike Tucker was always the token Labour man wasn't he? And Betty
>> too. Neil might vote Labour if only to spite Susan. All old-school
>> Labour though.
>>
>> Rosie
>>

> Debbie being in Yurp probably doesn’t vote.

I bet she makes sure she has a postal vote. Or a proxy.

Rosie

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<lis7rhl0nv3p3bjkf9rek2067t098ihoeb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13514&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13514

From: jja...@blueyonder.co.uk (John Armstrong)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 09:18:16 +0000
References: <0fhtqh1kr5qrtl6apu4dnlv13qup7b3goi@4ax.com> <tomic6$l8so$1@dont-email.me> <084uqh19hojq5t6v1qjqrir9en9tbvd47c@4ax.com> <tong1e$kcp3$1@dont-email.me> <s8u3rh96kmn3pjbmcr8osp1q5qphr7lbe3@4ax.com> <0a04rh9821me2r5ptvpoln1b7e52be0v2j@4ax.com> <tou69f$1nbo5$1@dont-email.me> <mv95rh5vf8fr89ieat3hlhsqjto5s7qvfv@4ax.com> <toub7c$1nqmq$1@dont-email.me> <t4h5rhpm6ii76co7p77q6530tqm1bjrbsp@4ax.com> <87lemkems5.fsf@gmail.com> <n3i6rhl59v2umo8eqvhkdoahibl53qbfdp@4ax.com>
 by: John Armstrong - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 09:18 UTC

On Mon, 02 Jan 2023 21:12:55 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Would Jzzer be Labour? Or Scots Nationalist?

It's "Scottish National Party". Bozo got it wrong every week when he
was PM

Re: Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 1st to 6th January 2023

<tpcvbi$qdu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13684&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13684

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:31:05 +0000
 by: krw - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:31 UTC

On 2.1.23 08:55, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Jan 2023 08:41:04 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I notice that this coincides with the BTA ceremony (5th January 19.20
>>> GMT from the I'm a Nonentity camp at Murwillumbah, be there or be...
>>> somewhere else) and I'm now wondering if it was such a good idea to
>>> invite Brian and Stella, and an even worse one to try and save money by
>>> suggesting they wouldn't mind sharing a tent.
>>>
>> Oh no :-( Not more shenanigans :-(
>>
>> Or should that be Siobhanagains?
>>
>> Nick
>>

> And suggestions for names for the resulting off-spring please?

Briella
Stian

--
Kosmo Richard W