From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Enemy of the people
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 20:15:11 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 20:15 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67897623

<quotes>

ITV has criticised "vindictive remarks" made by ex-footballer [multiply convicted criminal and wife-beater] Joey Barton towards Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward.

Aluko was a pundit on ITV's coverage of the FA Cup third-round tie between Crystal Palace and Everton on Thursday, while Ward was the co-commentator.

Barton, 41, compared the pair to serial killers Fred and Rose West on X, formerly known as Twitter.

The broadcaster said: "For Joey Barton, an ex-professional player with a significant social media presence, to target two of our pundits, Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward, with such vindictive remarks based on gender and to invoke the names of serial killers in doing so is clearly contemptible and shameful on his part.

"Football is for everyone."

In response to ITV, Barton wrote an expletive-laden post and said he would be "calling them all serial killers from now on", called the broadcaster "woke" and added: "I tried to play nice, you didn't listen."

Since last month, Barton, who was sacked as Bristol Rovers manager in October, has been on a tirade on social media criticising women working in men's football and his comments have been widely condemned by the footballing world.

</quotes>