From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: (Sky News) Most Russians still support the war, polling reveals
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:14:21 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:14 UTC

New polling reveals most Russians (63%) support the war in Ukraine, nearly
two years after the invasion.

Some 64% of those surveyed saw the war as symptomatic of a larger
"civilisational struggle between Russia and the West", a study by the
University of Chicago's nonpartisan National Opinion Research Centre
found.

The results show support for the war among Russians remains consistent.

There was a slight decrease in support for the war, however, from a poll
in November by The Levada Centre, in which 75% of respondents said they
were in favour.

The new polling suggests Russians care a lot about their country's place
in the world.

An overwhelming majority (94%) expressed at least a moderate level of
pride in their Russian identity.

Meanwhile, 62% said they believed Russia is treated unfairly in the world.

Re: (Sky News) Most Russians still support the war, polling reveals

<5qEnN.29381$Sf59.3868@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13785&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13785

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 16:58:13 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 21:58 UTC

TWP wrote:

> New polling reveals most Russians (63%) support the war in Ukraine, nearly
> two years after the invasion.
>
> Some 64% of those surveyed saw the war as symptomatic of a larger
> "civilisational struggle between Russia and the West", a study by the
> University of Chicago's nonpartisan National Opinion Research Centre
> found.
>
> The results show support for the war among Russians remains consistent.
>
> There was a slight decrease in support for the war, however, from a poll
> in November by The Levada Centre, in which 75% of respondents said they
> were in favour.
>
> The new polling suggests Russians care a lot about their country's place
> in the world.
>
> An overwhelming majority (94%) expressed at least a moderate level of
> pride in their Russian identity.
>
> Meanwhile, 62% said they believed Russia is treated unfairly in the world.

I have always been in favor of decent relations with Russia, and am now.

Not possible while Putrid is raping Ukraine though.
I think we should make a deal, no Sweden & Finland in NATO, NATO charter
amended to admit no more members, including Ukraine.

In return, Russia pulls out of Ukraine [including Crimea], with a 25
year lease on Sevastopol for [what remains] of their navy, like it was
previous to their land grab.