From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: South Korea cancels Freedom
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 09:00:36 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 09:00 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-67958480

<quotes>

South Korea's government passed a new law to ban the breeding, butchering, distribution and sale of dogs for meat by 2027.

This new law now means, in three years' time, those involved in the trade will face either fines or jail time if they continue their businesses. It does not, however, outlaw the eating of dog meat.

"You cannot dictate what people can and can't eat," says dog farmer Mr Joo.

It is a feeling shared by Lee Bora, a dog owner in her 30s who is opposed to eating dog meat and welcomes the new law, but adds she is "kind of worried" about its implications.

"Emotionally, I wish people wouldn't breed and slaughter dogs for food," she says.

"However, in principle, I think dogs are not so different from cows or pigs."

</quotes>

First they came for the dog meat. Next it will be all meats.

Having recently eaten a plant-based burger which really was just as tasty as prime steak I am all for going vegetarian except it is so damned expensive and far too high in salt levels.

On the other hand, if the cost of existence crisis continues, we might instead be turning in the other direction and considering eating dog. It's far healthier than other options, it's just that pussy snowflakes can't get their heads around meat being meat.