From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Boycotting baby killers
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:38:18 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:38 UTC

https://www.irishstar.com/culture/music-nightlife/wolfe-tones-ireland-eurovision-israel-31871980

<quotes>

Wolfe Tones frontman Brian Warfield says his band would be willing to represent Ireland at Eurovision — but only if Israel gets banned from the competition.

Award-winning singer Warfield urged stakeholders like broadcaster RTÉ to boycott the contest, unless hosts Sweden and organisers the European Broadcasting Union prevent Israel from taking part this year.

"It's genocide in Gaza. The way to do it is to boycott things involving Israel. They are the perpetrators of the genocide in Gaza and the West Bank.

"I can't help but think about the little children being killed and maimed. No-one is crying, 'Stop!' I call on Ireland to boycott Eurovision. And I make that as strongly as I possibly can."

</quotes>

There are also calls from Finland, Iceland and others, to ban Israel for her war crimes. Eurovision have said they won't, but we'll have to see what happens as pressure on them increases.

Or if entrants start pulling out. I'm sure Eurovision wouldn't want to be seen only as a showcase for baby murderers and those who support murdering babies.

If Israel do compete there's going to be close attention paid to who votes for Israel; it's going to be more political than when Ukraine won.

I'm expecting the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Cyprus, to be giving the baby killers twelve points. There may be enough who won't to prevent her winning, but many will hand Israel points simply to avoid being labelled anti-Semitic, which these days has been redefined as "not unconditionally supporting Israel's far right government".