Adore, v.: To venerate expectantly. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

SubjectAuthor
* Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urgesswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
+* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
|`* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
| `- Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busSimon Mason
+* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
+* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
+* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busJNugent
> [...]
+* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
| `- Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busJNugent
+* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
|`* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busSimon Mason
| `- Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busJNugent
`* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike
 `* Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, busswldx...@gmail.com
  `- Re: Banish cars from the road and make citiesSpike

Pages:123
Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<jnmd8eFsm45U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13786&group=uk.rec.cycling#13786

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus
chief urges
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 14:52:15 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 13:52 UTC

On 05/09/2022 02:15 pm, Spike wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> QUOTE: Great idea if only we had a progressive government that took
>> the climate more seriously than making a quick profit
>
>> Well we'll have a new prime minister next week so there's hope - I don't think! ENDS
>
>> One that wants to remove motorway speed limits -- that will save fuel. NOT.
>
> If you want to save fuel….
>
> THROW AWAY YOUR CAR

and sell your house and move into a tent.

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<jnmd9iFsm45U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13787&group=uk.rec.cycling#13787

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
chief urges
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 14:52:51 +0100

On 05/09/2022 02:23 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Monday, 5 September 2022 at 13:29:01 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: “During the pandemic, when there were fewer cars on the road, the public took to their bikes. ENDS
>>
>> It was a boom time for cycle shops - so it can be done.
>
> Our local Halfords ran out of bikes and paid for used ones to sell.

Is this part of the reason why there have been so many reports of thefts
of fairy-cycles?

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<cf9edbeb-5a11-46ff-86ad-9c8a2211e49en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13788&group=uk.rec.cycling#13788

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 08:45:50 -0700 (PDT)
chief urges
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 15:45 UTC

QUOTE: . More people are turning to cycling for shorter journeys to help make ends meet, but they need the safety that dedicated cycle lanes bring.” ENDS

Or how about drivers read and digest the new Highway Code?

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<jnmlusFu4jkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13799&group=uk.rec.cycling#13799

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities
cycling-friendly, bus chief urges
Date: 5 Sep 2022 16:20:44 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 16:20 UTC

> QUOTE: . More people are turning to cycling for shorter journeys to help
> make ends meet, but they need the safety that dedicated cycle lanes bring.” ENDS
>
> Or how about drivers read and digest the new Highway Code?

How about cyclists read and digest the new Highway Code?

--
Spike

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<2ff16fee-9e7b-4aec-9400-09940d2b56can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13805&group=uk.rec.cycling#13805

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 09:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
chief urges
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 16:24 UTC

On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 4:45:52 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: . More people are turning to cycling for shorter journeys to help make ends meet, but they need the safety that dedicated cycle lanes bring.” ENDS
>
> Or how about drivers read and digest the new Highway Code?

Even Mr Arsehole agrees that drivers should be tested on the new HC.

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<jnmqftFaqmU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13814&group=uk.rec.cycling#13814

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cycling-friendly, bus chief urges
Date: 5 Sep 2022 17:38:06 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 17:38 UTC

> On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 4:45:52 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: . More people are turning to cycling for shorter journeys to help
>> make ends meet, but they need the safety that dedicated cycle lanes bring.” ENDS
>>
>> Or how about drivers read and digest the new Highway Code?
>
> Even Mr Arsehole agrees that drivers should be tested on the new HC.

If a recent story is to be believed, cyclists should be tested on the law,
as it doesn’t seem to say what they think it says.

--
Spike

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<9448b3ec-b71a-4555-8230-b79a77be2ed2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13819&group=uk.rec.cycling#13819

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 10:44:55 -0700 (PDT)
chief urges
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 17:44 UTC

QUOTE: 75% of my route to work used to be a dual carriageway with a bus lane until they got rid of it. It was glorious passing miles of stationary traffic every time the M6 was closed and if I followed an express bus I didn't even have to stop at some of the red lights as the bus had a priority lane which turned green while all the others went to red. ENDS

My commute was even better - hardly ever saw a car.

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<jnmu9rFta4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13822&group=uk.rec.cycling#13822

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cycling-friendly, bus chief urges
Date: 5 Sep 2022 18:43:07 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 18:43 UTC

> QUOTE: 75% of my route to work used to be a dual carriageway with a bus
> lane until they got rid of it. It was glorious passing miles of
> stationary traffic every time the M6 was closed and if I followed an
> express bus I didn't even have to stop at some of the red lights as the
> bus had a priority lane which turned green while all the others went to red. ENDS
>
> My commute was even better - hardly ever saw a car.

Just think of how that must have brightened people’s days.. 😂

--
Spike

Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges

<8ddf216f-296d-48a4-9d43-d2371b6185b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13825&group=uk.rec.cycling#13825

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 11:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
chief urges
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 18:58 UTC

On Monday, 5 September 2022 at 18:44:57 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: 75% of my route to work used to be a dual carriageway with a bus lane until they got rid of it. It was glorious passing miles of stationary traffic every time the M6 was closed and if I followed an express bus I didn't even have to stop at some of the red lights as the bus had a priority lane which turned green while all the others went to red. ENDS
>
> My commute was even better - hardly ever saw a car.

It made use of the old Victorian rail network in Hull and the banks of the Humber.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Banish cars from the road and make cities cycling-friendly, bus chief urges