From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Met arrests six for Thought Crime
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 23:39:00 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 23:39 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66188271

<quotes>

Six people have been arrested on suspicion of a plot to disrupt the London Stock Exchange.

The Met Police said information suggested activists from the Palestine Action group were intending to target the exchange on Monday,

The force said it was believed those involved were planning to cause damage and "lock on" in an effort to stop the building opening for trading.

The Met said the arrests were prompted by information shared by the Daily Express.

Det Supt Sian Thomas said: "These are significant arrests. We believe this group was ready to carry out a disruptive and damaging stunt which could have had serious implications had it been carried out successfully."

</quotes>

There have been a lot of arrests for having not actually done anything lately.