mophobia, n.: Fear of being verbally abused by a Mississippian.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

SubjectAuthor
* Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appearsswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless drivingJNugent
+- Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by carelessSpike
+* Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless drivingswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by carelessSpike
| `- Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless drivingJNugent
+* Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless drivingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless drivingJNugent
`- Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless drivingswldx...@gmail.com

1
Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<e74d6613-c9a9-4073-8009-314f12856e70n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13841&group=uk.rec.cycling#13841

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 06:46:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears
in court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 13:46 UTC

A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death of a cyclist who died following a collision.

Paul Dilks appeared before Teesside Magistrates' Court charged with causing death by careless driving on March 12, last year.

The 46-year-old is accused of driving a BMW 'without due care and attention' on Cargo Fleet Lane, Middlesbrough.

Cyclist Tesform Hebtemichael, 33, was taken to James Cook University Hospital with serious injuries. However, he sadly died five days after the collision.

Dilks, of College Road, Thorntree, did not enter a plea to the charge during the hearing.

The magistrates' bench committed the case to Teesside Crown Court. Dilks will appear in the higher court on October 5 and was granted unconditional bail until that date.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/man-accused-causing-death-cyclist-24937079

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<jnpakqFc9agU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13842&group=uk.rec.cycling#13842

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving
appears in court
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 17:26:02 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 16:26 UTC

> A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death of a cyclist who died following a collision.
>
> Paul Dilks appeared before Teesside Magistrates' Court charged with causing death by careless driving on March 12, last year.
>
> The 46-year-old is accused of driving a BMW 'without due care and attention' on Cargo Fleet Lane, Middlesbrough.
>
> Cyclist Tesform Hebtemichael, 33, was taken to James Cook University Hospital with serious injuries. However, he sadly died five days after the collision.
>
> Dilks, of College Road, Thorntree, did not enter a plea to the charge during the hearing.
>
> The magistrates' bench committed the case to Teesside Crown Court. Dilks will appear in the higher court on October 5 and was granted unconditional bail until that date.
>
> https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/man-accused-causing-death-cyclist-24937079

That's more like it.

Why don't you behave like that - properly - more frequently?

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<jnpb2aFce4rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13845&group=uk.rec.cycling#13845

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless
driving appears in court
Date: 6 Sep 2022 16:33:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 16:33 UTC

> A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death of a cyclist
> who died following a collision.
>
> Paul Dilks appeared before Teesside Magistrates' Court charged with
> causing death by careless driving on March 12, last year.
>
> The 46-year-old is accused of driving a BMW 'without due care and
> attention' on Cargo Fleet Lane, Middlesbrough.
>
> Cyclist Tesform Hebtemichael, 33, was taken to James Cook University
> Hospital with serious injuries. However, he sadly died five days after the collision.
>
> Dilks, of College Road, Thorntree, did not enter a plea to the charge during the hearing.
>
> The magistrates' bench committed the case to Teesside Crown Court. Dilks
> will appear in the higher court on October 5 and was granted
> unconditional bail until that date.
>
> https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/man-accused-causing-death-cyclist-24937079
How can one be charged with ‘driving a BMW’?

--
Spike

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<d0ca23ef-b22d-46f2-9811-9949a40543f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13846&group=uk.rec.cycling#13846

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 09:33:49 -0700 (PDT)
appears in court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 16:33 UTC

QUOTE: Dilks, of College Road, Thorntree, did not enter a plea to the charge during the hearing. ENDS

Big mistake - as we have seen many times lately, it's always a good policy to plead guilty at the first time of asking.

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<jnpejgFcvg6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13853&group=uk.rec.cycling#13853

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
driving appears in court
Date: 6 Sep 2022 17:33:36 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 17:33 UTC

> QUOTE: Dilks, of College Road, Thorntree, did not enter a plea to the
> charge during the hearing. ENDS
>
> Big mistake - as we have seen many times lately, it's always a good
> policy to plead guilty at the first time of asking.
Only in a police state.

--
Spike

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<efdc2974-d004-4b7e-98a0-2a1c3e6afaefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13855&group=uk.rec.cycling#13855

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 10:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
appears in court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 17:42 UTC

QUOTE: The magistrates' bench committed the case to Teesside Crown Court. Dilks will appear in the higher court on October 5 and was granted unconditional bail until that date. ENDS

He'll have to put his big boy pants on when he appears before the beak next month.

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<jnpgfpFd642U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13857&group=uk.rec.cycling#13857

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
appears in court
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 19:05:45 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 18:05 UTC

On 06/09/2022 06:33 pm, Spike wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> QUOTE: Dilks, of College Road, Thorntree, did not enter a plea to the
>> charge during the hearing. ENDS
>>
>> Big mistake - as we have seen many times lately, it's always a good
>> policy to plead guilty at the first time of asking.
>
> Only in a police state.

That's what Del Boy wishes we lived in.

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<jnpggvFd642U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13858&group=uk.rec.cycling#13858

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
appears in court
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 19:06:23 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 18:06 UTC

> QUOTE: The magistrates' bench committed the case to Teesside Crown Court. Dilks will appear in the higher court on October 5 and was granted unconditional bail until that date. ENDS
>
> He'll have to put his big boy pants on when he appears before the beak next month.

Big fan of the Billy Bunter books, are you?

Re: Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court

<86772645-f46f-4250-86ac-f1f9fc55334fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13859&group=uk.rec.cycling#13859

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 11:10:24 -0700 (PDT)
appears in court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 18:10 UTC

QUOTE: Paul Dilks appeared before Teesside Magistrates' Court charged with causing death by careless driving on March 12, last year. ENDS

Wonder if they reduced it from "dangerous" to get an early guilty plea?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man accused of causing death of cyclist by careless driving appears in court