From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: UK accepts Rwanda isn't a safe country
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:47:12 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:47 UTC

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fear-death-threats-and-intimidation-rwandans-granted-asylum-in-uk-speak-out/ar-AA1mXupq

<quote>

Rwandan asylum seekers have spoken of the fear of persecution they face from their own country as an 'i' investigation reveals the UK has granted six people the right to stay since signing the controversial migrant deal.

</quote>

It is perverse to pass a law which says Rwanda is a safe country when it clearly isn't and the government knows that.

But at least it's going to be fun watching ministers tie themselves up in knots as they try to explain to judges how Rwanda is safe country while not being a safe country.

Re: UK accepts Rwanda isn't a safe country

<snipN.17635$7uxe.4515@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13860&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13860

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: UK accepts Rwanda isn't a safe country
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 22:31:52 GMT
 by: TWP - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 22:31 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:47:12 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fear-death-threats-and-intimidation-
rwandans-granted-asylum-in-uk-speak-out/ar-AA1mXupq

> <quote>
>
> Rwandan asylum seekers have spoken of the fear of persecution they face
> from their own country as an 'i' investigation reveals the UK has
> granted six people the right to stay since signing the controversial
> migrant deal.
>
> </quote>
>
> It is perverse to pass a law which says Rwanda is a safe country when it
> clearly isn't and the government knows that.
>
> But at least it's going to be fun watching ministers tie themselves up
> in knots as they try to explain to judges how Rwanda is safe country
> while not being a safe country.

If they were doing this according to the laws they now want the protection
of they wouldn't be getting this far. They'd have to be coming from
Iceland to have the UK be the first safe country they made it to.

I'm sure France has the ability to detect and intercept the boats if they
wanted to. Why don't they want to? What are they expecting to come of
keeping the migrants in France?

Re: UK accepts Rwanda isn't a safe country

<20240116133920.00003fe3@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13869&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13869

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:39:20 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:39 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 22:31:52 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:47:12 +0000, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fear-death-threats-and-intimidation-
> >
> rwandans-granted-asylum-in-uk-speak-out/ar-AA1mXupq
> >
> > <quote>
> >
> > Rwandan asylum seekers have spoken of the fear of persecution they
> > face from their own country as an 'i' investigation reveals the UK
> > has granted six people the right to stay since signing the
> > controversial migrant deal.
> >
> > </quote>
> >
> > It is perverse to pass a law which says Rwanda is a safe country
> > when it clearly isn't and the government knows that.
> >
> > But at least it's going to be fun watching ministers tie themselves
> > up in knots as they try to explain to judges how Rwanda is safe
> > country while not being a safe country.
>

> If they were doing this according to the laws they now want the
> protection of they wouldn't be getting this far. They'd have to be
> coming from Iceland to have the UK be the first safe country they
> made it to.

This 'first safe country' myth isn't international law.

And, if it was, it would make a nonsense of our claimed right to be able to deport to Rwanda.

> I'm sure France has the ability to detect and intercept the boats if
> they wanted to. Why don't they want to? What are they expecting to
> come of keeping the migrants in France?

Why would France want to stop migrants they don't want to host from leaving ?

It would be illegal under international law to prevent migrants leaving, utterly stupid of France to say any migrant who makes it to France has to forever remain in France.

If France allows migrant transit to Belgium, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain, and Switzerland, she also has to also allow transit to the UK.