From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Britain's own dead baby plans
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 13:43:19 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 13:43 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67996408

<quotes>

The United Nations refugee agency has said a remote British territory in the Indian Ocean, which hosts a secretive UK-US military base, is "not a suitable location" for migrants to be held long-term, after being granted rare access.

"We continue to call on the UK to ensure fair and efficient determination of the pending claims, and to secure solutions for those found to be in need of international protection, in line with international law."

Dozens of Sri Lankan Tamils have been stranded for more than two years in a makeshift camp on Diego Garcia.

The first group of Tamils landed on Diego Garcia in October 2021 after their boat ran into trouble while trying to sail to Canada, according to migrants and officials.

Asylum seekers have described conditions on the island as hellish, but the territory's unusual legal status has left them in limbo.

There have been multiple suicide attempts and instances of self-harm.

"The wellbeing and safety of migrants is the... top priority" of the British Indian Ocean Territory administration, a spokesperson added.

</quotes>

That's obviously a lie. The number one priority is to stop them coming here, to stop them exercising their legal right to claim asylum.

Re: Britain's own dead baby plans

<uoe9ne$gt7$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13939&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#13939

From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Britain's own dead baby plans
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:58:22 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Mary E. Riendeau SHEIN is nazoid PAEDO Andrew 'Andrzej' Baron)
 by: Loose Cannon - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:58 UTC

In article <20240119134319.00002b91@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> The number one priority is to stop them coming here, to stop them
> exercising their legal right to claim asylum.

Why is it their "legal right"?