Digital circuits are made from analog parts. -- Don Vonada

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

SubjectAuthor
* Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Hellerat
+* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Vicky
> [...]
  |`* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Clive Arthur
  | +- Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Vicky
  | `- Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?BrritSki
  `* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?BrritSki
   `* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Jim Easterbrook
    +- Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?BrritSki
    +* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Mike McMillan
    |`* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Penny
    | +* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Hellerat
    | |`- Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Penny
    | `- Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Chris
    `* Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?Nick Odell
     `- Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?steve hague

Pages:12
Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<k35ucbFfhvrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13960&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13960

From: Helle...@mail.com (Hellerat)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200
 by: Hellerat - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 23:16 UTC

SPOILER-ISH

It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<7eksshl105rtso9faq2svidsfrjfmheb66@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13961&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13961

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23:42 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
wrote:

>SPOILER-ISH
>

>It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.

I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<ahksshdtptlvb9op8uepo2inufsom5cl5g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13962&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13962

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:25:50 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:25 UTC

wrote:

>SPOILER-ISH
>

>It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
I did like the discussion between Brian and Justin, especially after
Stella telling Brian the same thing. Do tou think she and Justin had
conferred? He was at the same event to get the same information,
wasn't he? Brian should have been. He wants toboss but no longer is
really alert to farming trends,I think, and now maybe will really
retire.

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<k373ekFkt66U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13963&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13963

From: Helle...@mail.com (Hellerat)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:49:36 +0200
 by: Hellerat - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:49 UTC

On 23/01/2023 11:25, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> SPOILER-ISH
>>

>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
> I did like the discussion between Brian and Justin, especially after
> Stella telling Brian the same thing. Do tou think she and Justin had
> conferred? He was at the same event to get the same information,
> wasn't he? Brian should have been. He wants toboss but no longer is
> really alert to farming trends,I think, and now maybe will really
> retire.

I didn't listen properly to that part as I was busy waiting for disaster to happen, and I
didn't think it was going to be Adam's Yorkshire puds not rising, dramatic though that
might have been! I also realise that I my mind wanders (even more than usual) when I hear
scenes between Justin and Brian. Possibly also between Justin and anybody else.

--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<k373kcFkt66U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13964&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13964

From: Helle...@mail.com (Hellerat)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:52:41 +0200
 by: Hellerat - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:52 UTC

On 23/01/2023 11:23, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> SPOILER-ISH
>>

>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
>
> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?

I know, I do so agree. Particularly Peggy, she should have pegged* it yonks ago. I'm still
upset this morning. It was very well done, though, and gives scope for "younger" (how old
is Debbie now?) returnees for the funeral.

*not my own coinage, but I can't remember where I saw it.
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqllmc$3ipdj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13965&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13965

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:57:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eDp42dtRnE70WbsELqDGHZ39mbk=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:57 UTC

Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com> wrote:
> On 23/01/2023 11:23, Vicky wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> SPOILER-ISH
>>>

>>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my
>>> favourite characters go.
>>
>> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
>> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>>
> I know, I do so agree. Particularly Peggy, she should have pegged* it yonks ago. I'm still
> upset this morning. It was very well done, though, and gives scope for "younger" (how old
> is Debbie now?) returnees for the funeral.
>
> *not my own coinage, but I can't remember where I saw it.

‘Twas me I believe (and was nominated for a BT ISTR.)

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<k374ucFl39kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13966&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13966

From: Helle...@mail.com (Hellerat)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:15:04 +0200
 by: Hellerat - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:15 UTC

On 23/01/2023 11:57, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 23/01/2023 11:23, Vicky wrote:

>>> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
>>> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>>> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>>>
>> I know, I do so agree. Particularly Peggy, she should have pegged* it yonks ago. I'm still
>> upset this morning. It was very well done, though, and gives scope for "younger" (how old
>> is Debbie now?) returnees for the funeral.
>>
>> *not my own coinage, but I can't remember where I saw it.
>
> ‘Twas me I believe (and was nominated for a BT ISTR.)

Nice one, Cyril! (So to speak.)

--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqlnqo$3hnjf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13967&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13967

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:34:00 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:34 UTC

On 23/01/2023 09:23, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> SPOILER-ISH
>>

>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
>
> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?

It's quite some time since we've heard Jenny in person and I think it's
far harder for the SWs to keep her there, but perpetually just out of
earshot, than for the older characters. This will be especially true
whenever there are storylines where the Aldridge family are centre
stage, such as Alice 'n' Chris, or Ruairi's life as a gigolo.

--
Best wishes, Serena
For everything you have missed you have gained something else; and for

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqlot1$19ae$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13968&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13968

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:42:46 +0000
 by: krw - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:42 UTC

On 23.1.23 10:34, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 23/01/2023 09:23, Vicky wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> SPOILER-ISH
>>>

>>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my
>>> favourite characters go.
>>
>> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B .  She surely wasn't high in the
>> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>>

> It's quite some time since we've heard Jenny in person and I think it's
> far harder for the SWs to keep her there, but perpetually just out of
> earshot, than for the older characters.  This will be especially true
> whenever there are storylines where the Aldridge family are centre
> stage, such as Alice 'n' Chris, or Ruairi's life as a gigolo.

There was at least one major scene in December (Brian out shopping with
Kate and Alice) which I am convinced was originally written for JD and
had to be re-written - it was nicely done but I do not think was
conceived as a scene for Brian. That would have been written about 3
months earlier - in early September and recorded mid-October or a little
later. Since then there have been frequent mentions of JD being
elsewhere or on the end of an important phone call. So I believe that
when she was due to be booked for that week (there was another scene
that week that did not feel "naturally" Brian) she was unavailable for
some health or personal reasons (I have seen posts stating a stroke but
nothing has proven to be "actual") and this week would have been written
in mid-October - so a discussion obviously took place about the
characters development.

I checked earlier but there was nothing on the BBC website at the time -
which given the furore around Paddy and Adam surprises me.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<b1qssh1jcuv4ne1v97eumidi4kboq70mtn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13969&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13969

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:58:34 +0000
 by: Penny - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:58 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23:42 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>SPOILER-ISH
>>

>>It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
>
>I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
>St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?

Maybe they'll all peg it upon hearing the news.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<t2ssshlitsu5kvkdsf9ablln2oci7jvlos@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13970&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13970

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:33:11 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:33 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:42:46 +0000, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>I checked earlier but there was nothing on the BBC website at the time -
>which given the furore around Paddy and Adam surprises me.

Who is Paddy? Have I not noticed a person in Ambridge?

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<i4sssh9kh6gfrasqkb4hh2v0g41rdt9agt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13971&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13971

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:33:47 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:33 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:58:34 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23:42 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
>gribouillé dans la poussière...
>
>>On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>SPOILER-ISH
>>>

>>>It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
>>
>>I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
>>St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>>but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>
>Maybe they'll all peg it upon hearing the news.

BTN?

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqlscq$3jq3k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13972&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13972

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:51:54 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:51 UTC

On 23/01/2023 11:33, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:58:34 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23:42 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
>> gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
>>> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>>> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>>
>> Maybe they'll all peg it upon hearing the news.
>
> BTN?

Accepted.

john

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqlsnp$3jq3k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13973&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13973

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:57:45 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:57 UTC

On 23/01/2023 09:25, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> SPOILER-ISH
>>

>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
> I did like the discussion between Brian and Justin, especially after
> Stella telling Brian the same thing. Do tou think she and Justin had
> conferred? He was at the same event to get the same information,
> wasn't he? Brian should have been. He wants toboss but no longer is
> really alert to farming trends,I think, and now maybe will really
> retire.

What will happen to Jenny's shares in Home Farm? Will Adam come back to
take over from Brian if he does retire (as what?) and how will that
interact with Stella? Will Debbie come vack from Hungary and will Kate
have to cancel visiting Nollie, torn between the duties of a mother and
a daughter? Will Alice relapse?

Don't miss the next exciting episodes of... The Aldridges, an Everyday
Story of People You Probably Wouldn't Like if You Met Them in Real Life.

john

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqlsvi$3jvvn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13974&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13974

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:01:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:XVBuaduYHoTkz5z76i/FNsp+UL0=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:01 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 23/01/2023 11:33, Vicky wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:58:34 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23:42 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
>>> gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> Maybe they'll all peg it upon hearing the news.
>>
>> BTN?
>>

> Accepted.
>
> john

Can BT not be Copyright???

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqltd5$3hnjf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13975&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13975

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:09:08 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:09 UTC

On 23/01/2023 10:42, krw wrote:
> On 23.1.23 10:34, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>> On 23/01/2023 09:23, Vicky wrote:

>>> I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B .  She surely wasn't high in the
>>> St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>>> but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>>>

>> It's quite some time since we've heard Jenny in person and I think
>> it's far harder for the SWs to keep her there, but perpetually just
>> out of earshot, than for the older characters.  This will be
>> especially true whenever there are storylines where the Aldridge
>> family are centre stage, such as Alice 'n' Chris, or Ruairi's life as
>> a gigolo.
>>

> There was at least one major scene in December (Brian out shopping with
> Kate and Alice) which I am convinced was originally written for JD and
> had to be re-written - it was nicely done but I do not think was
> conceived as a scene for Brian.  That would have been written about 3
> months earlier - in early September and recorded mid-October or a little
> later.  Since then there have been frequent mentions of JD being
> elsewhere or on the end of an important phone call.  So I believe that
> when she was due to be booked for that week (there was another scene
> that week that did not feel "naturally" Brian) she was unavailable for
> some health or personal reasons (I have seen posts stating a stroke but
> nothing has proven to be "actual") and this week would have been written
> in mid-October - so a discussion obviously took place about the
> characters development.
>
> I checked earlier but there was nothing on the BBC website at the time -
> which given the furore around Paddy and Adam surprises me.

My assumption is that Angela Piper has chosen not to make any
announcements and prefers to keep her health issues (or whatever else is
behind her leaving) private.

--
Best wishes, Serena
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. (Aesop)

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqltoq$3hnjf$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13977&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13977

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:15:22 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:15 UTC

On 23/01/2023 09:25, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> SPOILER-ISH
>>

>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
> I did like the discussion between Brian and Justin, especially after
> Stella telling Brian the same thing. Do tou think she and Justin had
> conferred? He was at the same event to get the same information,
> wasn't he? Brian should have been. He wants toboss but no longer is
> really alert to farming trends,I think, and now maybe will really
> retire.

He may retire but I think it's more likely that he'll be trying to be
more involved again, rather than sitting alone in an empty cottage.
He's likely to drive Stella mad with his interference.

--
Best wishes, Serena
Q. What did baby corn say to mummy corn?

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqltto$3k301$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13978&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13978

From: carolet....@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:18:06 +0000
 by: carolet - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:18 UTC

On 23/01/2023 11:33, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:42:46 +0000, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>
>> I checked earlier but there was nothing on the BBC website at the time -
>> which given the furore around Paddy and Adam surprises me.
>

> Who is Paddy? Have I not noticed a person in Ambridge?

I presume that Paddy is Jill. I have heard Patricia Greene being
referred to as Paddy.

--
CaroleT

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<hkusshli80h5firaful71des80pu0lj62h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13979&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13979

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:20:47 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:20 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:57:45 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 23/01/2023 09:25, Vicky wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> SPOILER-ISH
>>>

>>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
>> I did like the discussion between Brian and Justin, especially after
>> Stella telling Brian the same thing. Do tou think she and Justin had
>> conferred? He was at the same event to get the same information,
>> wasn't he? Brian should have been. He wants toboss but no longer is
>> really alert to farming trends,I think, and now maybe will really
>> retire.
>
>What will happen to Jenny's shares in Home Farm? Will Adam come back to
>take over from Brian if he does retire (as what?) and how will that
>interact with Stella? Will Debbie come vack from Hungary and will Kate
>have to cancel visiting Nollie, torn between the duties of a mother and
>a daughter? Will Alice relapse?
>
>Don't miss the next exciting episodes of... The Aldridges, an Everyday
>Story of People You Probably Wouldn't Like if You Met Them in Real Life.
>
>john

Debbie will comeback for the funeral. Would there be provision for
the shares in the original deed. Or would they go to Brian as
inheriting if Jenny made a will. Or might she have left them to one of
her children?

I think Kate will feel it her duty to go to SA to comfort Nolly for
her break up and loss of gran.The she will have her proposed road trip
to cheer them both up, using any money Jenny left her or Nolly. Then
she'll bring Nolly back to Ambridge. I hope Alice will have enough
support to be ok.

From the spoiler about today Stella is in a vulnerable position in the
long term but for now is in control, surely.Brian though won't want to
arrange a big loan as he will be mourning.

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqm14i$3jq3k$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13980&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13980

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:12:50 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:12 UTC

On 23/01/2023 12:01, Mike McMillan wrote:
> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On 23/01/2023 11:33, Vicky wrote:

>>> BTN?
>>>

>> Accepted.
>>
>> john
>>

> Can BT not be Copyright???

It was copied right.

john

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqm23s$3kqbt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13981&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13981

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:29:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:0RfmOFegowWk5IBloVcYazuOeHY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:29 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 23/01/2023 12:01, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Accepted.
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>> Can BT not be Copyright???
>>

> It was copied right.
>
> john

:-)))

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<qu4tshhnaio73jsnqpucvetjh3jif1mh48@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13983&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13983

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:10:09 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:10 UTC

wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:23:42 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
>gribouillé dans la poussière...
>
>>On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>SPOILER-ISH
>>>

>>>It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
>>
>>I felt quite upset. I shouted up to B . She surely wasn't high in the
>>St Stephen CHurchyard stakes? I could see them going off on a cruise
>>but surely Peggy or Jill or Leonard or Christine first?
>
>Maybe they'll all peg it upon hearing the news.

Ambridge is becoming far too Italianate: all those residents (and best
friends) who are plodding on towards or past their centuries. Italian
Ambridges like Acciaroli
<https://www.npr.org/2016/03/30/472442367/in-one-italian-village-nearly-300-residents-are-over-100-years-old>
seem to attribute longevity to anything from piety and pasta to olive
oil and free love. What's Ambridge's secret?

(Well deserved BTN, BTW!)

Nick

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<fd5tshhjb7nfvl2923h844n87dlspbh0ao@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13984&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13984

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:13:26 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:13 UTC

wrote:

>On 23/01/2023 09:25, Vicky wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 01:16:55 +0200, Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> SPOILER-ISH
>>>

>>> It's been on the cards, but I'm still extremely sad to see one of my favourite characters go.
>> I did like the discussion between Brian and Justin, especially after
>> Stella telling Brian the same thing. Do tou think she and Justin had
>> conferred? He was at the same event to get the same information,
>> wasn't he? Brian should have been. He wants toboss but no longer is
>> really alert to farming trends,I think, and now maybe will really
>> retire.
>
>What will happen to Jenny's shares in Home Farm? Will Adam come back to
>take over from Brian if he does retire (as what?) and how will that
>interact with Stella? Will Debbie come vack from Hungary and will Kate
>have to cancel visiting Nollie, torn between the duties of a mother and
>a daughter? Will Alice relapse?
>
>Don't miss the next exciting episodes of... The Aldridges, an Everyday
>Story of People You Probably Wouldn't Like if You Met Them in Real Life.

:-)

....yet it hardly seems any time at all since folk were complaining
that it all seemed to have turned into a sit-com called "The
Grundies."

Nick

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<k37j3nFk0jtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13985&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13985

From: new...@jim-easterbrook.me.uk (Jim Easterbrook)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 23 Jan 2023 14:15:19 GMT
 by: Jim Easterbrook - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:15 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:10:09 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

> Ambridge is becoming far too Italianate: all those residents (and best
> friends) who are plodding on towards or past their centuries. Italian
> Ambridges like Acciaroli
> <https://www.npr.org/2016/03/30/472442367/in-one-italian-village-
nearly-300-residents-are-over-100-years-old>
> seem to attribute longevity to anything from piety and pasta to olive
> oil and free love. What's Ambridge's secret?

Unknown chemicals seeping into the Am from Home Farm.
--
Jim <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Re: Who said nothing ever happens in a Sunday night episode?

<tqm613$1jnk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13986&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13986

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:36:20 +0000
 by: krw - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:36 UTC

On 23.1.23 11:33, Vicky wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:42:46 +0000, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>
>> I checked earlier but there was nothing on the BBC website at the time -
>> which given the furore around Paddy and Adam surprises me.
>

> Who is Paddy? Have I not noticed a person in Ambridge?

Paddy is Adam's father.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk