From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Subject: Re: Where to put my railcard on my Oyter card at Heathrow?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 13:29:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tweed - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 13:29 UTC

>>> I used to do it to get a VAT receipt which the pumps don't provide. Also
>>> I suspect they don't deal with loyalty cards, eg Nectar.
>>>

>> Never having the need of a VAT receipt it is something I don’t understand.
>> Why isn’t the standard receipt (which pay at pump devices issue unless they
>> have run out of paper) good enough?
>
> Because it has to have VAT relevant information including the VAT number
> of the petrol station operator. Most pump machines merely produce a
> Credit card receipt. Which, incidentally, is another reason for using
> the manned till, currently filling the average Chelsea Tractor costs
> more that the contactless limit.
>

>> Newer pay at pump machines accept loyalty cards, either by inserting them
>> or using a scanner.

So why don’t they print a credit/debit card receipt that has all the
information on it? Even when I lay at a petrol station kiosk they hand me a
credit card receipt and then ask if I need a vat receipt. If I buy
something at a supermarket I get everything on the one receipt. I’ve always
found it a bit odd.

Re: Where to put my railcard on my Oyter card at Heathrow?

<t94l9g$skp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14005&group=uk.transport.london#14005

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 16:29:52 +0100
<t8pofj$59e$1@dont-email.me> <feTChK0vkHsiFAQz@perry.uk>
<t8qirl$rc0$1@dont-email.me> <GxM0axPQDWsiFAhZ@perry.uk>
<t8rtdo$oin$2@dont-email.me> <67LbosWMoasiFAGV@perry.uk>
<t8so37$muq$1@dont-email.me> <t8sods$u5v$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<t8sqjl$47l$5@dont-email.me> <FE5kHIqEeqsiFADq@perry.uk>
<t8ub9t$me2$1@dont-email.me> <amCD$mxq6usiFADJ@perry.uk>
<t8va2l$e4b$1@dont-email.me> <t8vhhm$1sb0$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<tiv6bhdba7arse98c144is7e6ed14rgiqs@None> <t900aj$e3u$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<ewEiajS1PAtiFAKt@perry.uk> <t9283c$703$1@dont-email.me>
<t92h4k$nad$1@gioia.aioe.org> <UztQKREQpWtiFAq6@perry.uk>
<t94395$m0h$2@dont-email.me> <t944nq$v8v$1@dont-email.me>
<t944ug$rq8$1@dont-email.me> <t945rm$7nf$1@dont-email.me>
<t946ju$dj1$2@dont-email.me> <t94e8j$4s0$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Graeme Wall - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:29 UTC

On 24/06/2022 14:29, Tweed wrote:
> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Never having the need of a VAT receipt it is something I don’t understand.
>>> Why isn’t the standard receipt (which pay at pump devices issue unless they
>>> have run out of paper) good enough?
>>
>> Because it has to have VAT relevant information including the VAT number
>> of the petrol station operator. Most pump machines merely produce a
>> Credit card receipt. Which, incidentally, is another reason for using
>> the manned till, currently filling the average Chelsea Tractor costs
>> more that the contactless limit.
>>

>>> Newer pay at pump machines accept loyalty cards, either by inserting them
>>> or using a scanner.
>>>

> So why don’t they print a credit/debit card receipt that has all the
> information on it? Even when I lay at a petrol station kiosk they hand me a
> credit card receipt and then ask if I need a vat receipt. If I buy
> something at a supermarket I get everything on the one receipt. I’ve always
> found it a bit odd.

There used to be a difference in the amount of time you had to keep VAT
records compared with ordinary receipts but that was harmonised when
Inland Revenue and Customs & Excise were amalgamated.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

aus+uk / uk.transport.london / Re: Where to put my railcard on my Oyter card at Heathrow?