From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom
Subject: Re: Move to VOIP an CGNAT
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 09:41:09 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 23:41 UTC

On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 21:59:20 +1000, Marco Moock <mo01@posteo.de> wrote:

> Am 16.07.2023 um 10:22:08 Uhr schrieb David Wade:
>
>> Just a quick question. I know many of the new Fibre suppliers use
>> CGNAT on their services. I also know this can cause issues with VOIP
>> and SIP in particular, as, for example A&A have a VPN service
>> designed to get round this issue.
>
> Use IPv6 for VoIP and you don't need to care.

> CGNAT makes incoming calls with VoIP mostly impossible.

Bullshit. I joined MyRepublic as soon as they started to get an FTTN
service and they have always used CGNAT and have always provided
a VOIP service which has always worked fine. I also had another VOIP
service with MyNetFone from before that and it continued to work fine,

MyRepublic chose to leave the country and sold their local operation
to SuperLoop which has always used CGNAT and their VOIP and
the MyNetFone VOIP continued to work fine over the CGNAT service.

Never had any setup problem with either of them, completely
automatic with both and the MyNetFone sevice was easy to
setup and use on the iphones too.