Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: OT: Anzac Day...
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 20:52:21 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:52 UTC

Some time I mentioned the release of a new film at the cinema:

"Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan".

I've watched it a couple of times, and lo and behold, last nite i jumped
onto Netflix, and it was available, and listed as the days most popular
film.

I've no idea how accurate it is, but what I saw rings true with what
I've read.

Worth a view, imho.

Lest We forget.

Re: OT: Anzac Day...

<t44m26$9s0$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14030&group=aus.cars#14030

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: Anzac Day...
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:21:41 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:21 UTC

On 24/04/2022 8:52 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Some time I mentioned the release of a new film at the cinema:
>
> "Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan".
>
> I've watched it a couple of times, and lo and behold, last nite i jumped
> onto Netflix, and it was available, and listed as the days most popular
> film.
>
> I've no idea how accurate it is, but what I saw rings true with what
> I've read.
>
> Worth a view, imho.
>
> Lest We forget.

I was actually going to have a look at it last night but fell asleep in
front of the TV about 5 minutes after I sat down.

I'll have a another go.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Anzac Day...

<_su9K.123033$Kdf.11192@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14043&group=aus.cars#14043

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:11:04 +1000
 by: lindsay - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:11 UTC

On 25/04/2022 9:21 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 8:52 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Some time I mentioned the release of a new film at the cinema:
>>
>> "Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan".
>>
>> I've watched it a couple of times, and lo and behold, last nite i
>> jumped onto Netflix, and it was available, and listed as the days most
>> popular film.
>>
>> I've no idea how accurate it is, but what I saw rings true with what
>> I've read.
>>
>> Worth a view, imho.
>>
>> Lest We forget.
>
> I was actually going to have a look at it last night but fell asleep in
> front of the TV about 5 minutes after I sat down.
>
> I'll have a another go.

It's a good fillum. The lead actor in the field who played Harry Smith
was excellent. a Good pointer to the ANZAC spirit. If it wasnt for the
Kiwi arrty...

a bit off centre, but another Aussie who i thought deserved a gong for
his acting in a film is Hugo Weaving: Agent Smith in the original Matrix
film. Perhaps if he bitch-slaps someone he may get some well deserved
recognition...

Spent my last ANZAC day at work. Had an extended Easter break (6 days)
and now have 7 months to go , unless something untoward happens...

Re: OT: Anzac Day...

<jdovbjFknn6U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14355&group=aus.cars#14355

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 14:30:42 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sun, 8 May 2022 04:30 UTC

On 24/04/2022 8:52 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Some time I mentioned the release of a new film at the cinema:
>
> "Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan".
>
> I've watched it a couple of times, and lo and behold, last nite i jumped
> onto Netflix, and it was available, and listed as the days most popular
> film.
>
> I've no idea how accurate it is, but what I saw rings true with what
> I've read.

A couple of ex-army friends both with acquaintanceship with several of
the people involved reckon that it is a pretty fair representation of
what happened.

> Worth a view, imho.

Definitely.