Most public domain software is free, at least at first glance.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: night driving and car headlights

SubjectAuthor
* night driving and car headlightsYosemite Sam
+* night driving and car headlightsTrevor Wilson
|`- night driving and car headlightsNoddy
+* night driving and car headlightslindsay
|+* night driving and car headlightsDaryl
||+* night driving and car headlightsYosemite Sam
|||`* night driving and car headlightsPeter Jason
||| `- night driving and car headlightsYosemite Sam
||`- night driving and car headlightsNoddy
|+* night driving and car headlightsYosemite Sam
||`* night driving and car headlightslindsay
|| `- night driving and car headlightsNoddy
|`* night driving and car headlightsNoddy
| `* night driving and car headlightsXeno
|  `* night driving and car headlightslindsay
|   `- night driving and car headlightsalvey
`* night driving and car headlightsJohn_H
 `* night driving and car headlightsTrevor Wilson
  +- night driving and car headlightsNoddy
  `* night driving and car headlightsDaryl
   `* night driving and car headlightsTrevor Wilson
    +* night driving and car headlightsDaryl
    |`* night driving and car headlightsTrevor Wilson
    | `* night driving and car headlightsDaryl
    |  `* night driving and car headlightsNoddy
    |   +* night driving and car headlightsXeno
    |   |`- night driving and car headlightsYosemite Sam
    |   `* night driving and car headlightsDaryl
    |    `- night driving and car headlightsNoddy
    `* night driving and car headlightsJohn_H
     +* night driving and car headlightsDaryl
     |`* night driving and car headlightsJohn_H
     | `- night driving and car headlightsDaryl
     `* night driving and car headlightsNoddy
      `* night driving and car headlightsDaryl
       `- night driving and car headlightsXeno

Pages:12
night driving and car headlights

<jckisiFlbb9U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14013&group=aus.cars#14013

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: night driving and car headlights
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 19:17:24 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 09:17 UTC

the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new cars
have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of the SUV
type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of conventional cars,
who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming SUV's, due to the
height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of normal car drivers.
this problem will become even greater and many trucks and semi's get
these kind of headlights. I don't know what this answer to this problem
is or can or will be? while driving after dark tonight I was blinded by
something coming toward me with these kind of headlights. I don't even
know what kind of vehicle it was as I couldn't see anything, not even
the road!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jckjsfFlhvmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14014&group=aus.cars#14014

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: night driving and car headlights
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 19:34:05 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 09:34 UTC

On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new cars
> have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of the SUV
> type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of conventional cars,
> who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming SUV's, due to the
> height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of normal car drivers.
> this problem will become even greater and many trucks and semi's get
> these kind of headlights. I don't know what this answer to this problem
> is or can or will be? while driving after dark tonight I was blinded by
> something coming toward me with these kind of headlights. I don't even
> know what kind of vehicle it was as I couldn't see anything, not even
> the road!

**ALL low beam headlights are required to throw a pattern on the road,
that will ensure an oncoming driver is not dazzled. Vehicle and
headlight type is irrelevant.

However, there are some exceptions:

* Poorly adjusted headlights.
* The other driver is operating high beam.
* Illegally fitted lamps.
* Excessive load in the back.
* The oncoming vehicle is cresting a hill and you are still driving up
the hill.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<t439fm$mse$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14015&group=aus.cars#14015

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 20:40:50 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:40 UTC

On 24/04/2022 7:34 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new
>> cars have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of
>> the SUV type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of
>> conventional cars, who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming
>> SUV's, due to the height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of
>> normal car drivers. this problem will become even greater and many
>> trucks and semi's get these kind of headlights. I don't know what this
>> answer to this problem is or can or will be? while driving after dark
>> tonight I was blinded by something coming toward me with these kind of
>> headlights. I don't even know what kind of vehicle it was as I
>> couldn't see anything, not even the road!
>>

> **ALL low beam headlights are required to throw a pattern on the road,
> that will ensure an oncoming driver is not dazzled. Vehicle and
> headlight type is irrelevant.
>
> However, there are some exceptions:
>
> * Poorly adjusted headlights.
> * The other driver is operating high beam.
> * Illegally fitted lamps.
> * Excessive load in the back.
> * The oncoming vehicle is cresting a hill and you are still driving up
> the hill.

Interesting how Felix has an entire synopsis about something that he
clearly states that he has no idea what it was. He's willing to blame an
entire class of vehicle for something that left him totally confused,
and for all he knows it could have been some dickhead driving towards
him in a "regular car" with a lightbar on that they'd neglected to turn
off :)

I don't know of a "SUV" that has headlights that "approximate the eye
level of normal car drivers", and it would be interesting to see what he
considers to be a "normal car". The headlights on my Santa Fe are 900mm
off the ground, and at that height they wouldn't be at "eye level"
against the lowest of Ferrari's :)

As usual, Felix's comments are a complete nonsense.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<aU99K.612443$mF2.263161@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14016&group=aus.cars#14016

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 20:46:28 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:46 UTC

On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new cars
> have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of the SUV
> type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of conventional cars,
> who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming SUV's, due to the
> height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of normal car drivers.
> this problem will become even greater and many trucks and semi's get
> these kind of headlights. I don't know what this answer to this problem
> is or can or will be? while driving after dark tonight I was blinded by
> something coming toward me with these kind of headlights. I don't even
> know what kind of vehicle it was as I couldn't see anything, not even
> the road!

I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......

There was a thread in here a month ago, (which you took part) regarding
the very same.

Most roads in Melbourne have a fog line in or near the gutter. Use that
to watch where your going.

Maybe your eyesight is failing.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jckqafFmo0qU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14019&group=aus.cars#14019

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 21:23:56 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:23 UTC

On 24/4/2022 8:46 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new
>> cars have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of
>> the SUV type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of
>> conventional cars, who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming
>> SUV's, due to the height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of
>> normal car drivers. this problem will become even greater and many
>> trucks and semi's get these kind of headlights. I don't know what this
>> answer to this problem is or can or will be? while driving after dark
>> tonight I was blinded by something coming toward me with these kind of
>> headlights. I don't even know what kind of vehicle it was as I
>> couldn't see anything, not even the road!
>>
> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......

I don't think that higher type vehicles are the problem, more likely its
a few owners of various vehicles mess around with their vehicles lights
such as fitting brighter globes then don't check that the lights are
aimed correctly.
The problem isn't new, vehicles with badly aimed lights or lights not
working correctly have been around for a very long time.

--
Daryl

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcksckFn1f4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14021&group=aus.cars#14021

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 21:59:35 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:59 UTC

On 24/04/2022 8:46 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new
>> cars have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of
>> the SUV type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of
>> conventional cars, who are being blinded by the headlights of
>> oncoming SUV's, due to the height of SUV headlights approximating eye
>> level of normal car drivers. this problem will become even greater
>> and many trucks and semi's get these kind of headlights. I don't know
>> what this answer to this problem is or can or will be? while driving
>> after dark tonight I was blinded by something coming toward me with
>> these kind of headlights. I don't even know what kind of vehicle it
>> was as I couldn't see anything, not even the road!
>>
> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......

yes vehicles that are higher than normal cars is what I'm referring to

> There was a thread in here a month ago, (which you took part)
> regarding the very same.
>
> Most roads in Melbourne have a fog line in or near the gutter. Use
> that to watch where your going.

it was open road dirt shoulder

> Maybe your eyesight is failing.

everyone's does with age

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcksf3Fn1f4U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14022&group=aus.cars#14022

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:00:55 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 12:00 UTC

On 24/04/2022 9:23 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 24/4/2022 8:46 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new
>>> cars have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are
>>> of the SUV type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of
>>> conventional cars, who are being blinded by the headlights of
>>> oncoming SUV's, due to the height of SUV headlights approximating
>>> eye level of normal car drivers. this problem will become even
>>> greater and many trucks and semi's get these kind of headlights. I
>>> don't know what this answer to this problem is or can or will be?
>>> while driving after dark tonight I was blinded by something coming
>>> toward me with these kind of headlights. I don't even know what kind
>>> of vehicle it was as I couldn't see anything, not even the road!
>>>
>> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
>> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......
>
> I don't think that higher type vehicles are the problem, more likely
> its a few owners of various vehicles mess around with their vehicles
> lights such as fitting brighter globes then don't check that the
> lights are aimed correctly.
> The problem isn't new, vehicles with badly aimed lights or lights not
> working correctly have been around for a very long time.

maybe so but headlights have never been as bright as they are now

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: night driving and car headlights

<Ymb9K.109372$Kdf.2045@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14024&group=aus.cars#14024

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:27:34 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 12:27 UTC

On 24/04/2022 9:59 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 8:46 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new
>>> cars have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of
>>> the SUV type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of
>>> conventional cars, who are being blinded by the headlights of
>>> oncoming SUV's, due to the height of SUV headlights approximating eye
>>> level of normal car drivers. this problem will become even greater
>>> and many trucks and semi's get these kind of headlights. I don't know
>>> what this answer to this problem is or can or will be? while driving
>>> after dark tonight I was blinded by something coming toward me with
>>> these kind of headlights. I don't even know what kind of vehicle it
>>> was as I couldn't see anything, not even the road!
>>>
>> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
>> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......
>

> yes vehicles that are higher than normal cars is what I'm referring to

So not SUV's, and more like light trucks, I believe Vicroads call them...

>> There was a thread in here a month ago, (which you took part)
>> regarding the very same.
>>
>> Most roads in Melbourne have a fog line in or near the gutter. Use
>> that to watch where your going.
>

> it was open road dirt shoulder

Without a fog line, I agree. Many of the new "utes" have headlight
adjustment that aren't used. Trevor picked it:
* Poorly adjusted headlights.
* Excessive load in the back.

My Ranger was handed to me with the headlights pointing at mars.
After a few flashes from oncoming cars, I realised what was going on,
and found the switch that adjusts the height of the lights.

>> Maybe your eyesight is failing.

> everyone's does with age

+1 until we do something about it....

Re: night driving and car headlights

<08ib6h9lkr0jrsko92cgk9bdsaoenj33u7@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14025&group=aus.cars#14025

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:06:25 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:06 UTC

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:00:55 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 24/04/2022 9:23 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
>>> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......
>>
>> I don't think that higher type vehicles are the problem, more likely
>> its a few owners of various vehicles mess around with their vehicles
>> lights such as fitting brighter globes then don't check that the
>> lights are aimed correctly.
>> The problem isn't new, vehicles with badly aimed lights or lights not
>> working correctly have been around for a very long time.
>>

>maybe so but headlights have never been as bright as they are now

They're of the LED type and styling seems to dictate a smaller
headlight which means the light has to be brighter to do the same job.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#LED

Re: night driving and car headlights

<t44lqj$9s0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14027&group=aus.cars#14027

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:17:38 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:17 UTC

On 24/04/2022 8:46 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new
>> cars have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of
>> the SUV type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of
>> conventional cars, who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming
>> SUV's, due to the height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of
>> normal car drivers. this problem will become even greater and many
>> trucks and semi's get these kind of headlights. I don't know what this
>> answer to this problem is or can or will be? while driving after dark
>> tonight I was blinded by something coming toward me with these kind of
>> headlights. I don't even know what kind of vehicle it was as I
>> couldn't see anything, not even the road!
>>
> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......
>
> There was a thread in here a month ago, (which you took part) regarding
> the very same.
>
> Most roads in Melbourne have a fog line in or near the gutter. Use that
> to watch where your going.
>
> Maybe your eyesight is failing.

He's like 80 or something, isn't he? Given that he gets confused by CGI
video it's no wonder he has a problem with reality....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<t44lsg$9s0$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14028&group=aus.cars#14028

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:18:39 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:18 UTC

On 24/04/2022 9:23 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 24/4/2022 8:46 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>
>> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
>> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......
>
> I don't think that higher type vehicles are the problem, more likely its
> a few owners of various vehicles mess around with their vehicles lights
> such as fitting brighter globes then don't check that the lights are
> aimed correctly.
> The problem isn't new, vehicles with badly aimed lights or lights not
> working correctly have been around for a very long time.

Yep. The number of vehicles around with incorrectly adjusted headlights
is staggering.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<t44lvt$9s0$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14029&group=aus.cars#14029

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:20:28 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:20 UTC

On 24/04/2022 10:27 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 9:59 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
>>> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......
>>

>> yes vehicles that are higher than normal cars is what I'm referring to
>
> So not SUV's, and more like light trucks, I believe Vicroads call them...

Still, virtually none of them have headlights at eye level of a "normal
car" like he thinks they do :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcm78pFlpfU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14031&group=aus.cars#14031

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:11:03 +1000
 by: Xeno - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 00:11 UTC

On 25/4/2022 9:17 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/04/2022 8:46 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 24/04/2022 7:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new
>>> cars have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of
>>> the SUV type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of
>>> conventional cars, who are being blinded by the headlights of
>>> oncoming SUV's, due to the height of SUV headlights approximating eye
>>> level of normal car drivers. this problem will become even greater
>>> and many trucks and semi's get these kind of headlights. I don't know
>>> what this answer to this problem is or can or will be? while driving
>>> after dark tonight I was blinded by something coming toward me with
>>> these kind of headlights. I don't even know what kind of vehicle it
>>> was as I couldn't see anything, not even the road!
>>>
>> I'm willing to bet your issue is being caused by Rangers, Hiluxs,
>> Tritons, BT-50's etc which sit a lot higher on the road......
>>
>> There was a thread in here a month ago, (which you took part)
>> regarding the very same.
>>
>> Most roads in Melbourne have a fog line in or near the gutter. Use
>> that to watch where your going.
>>
>> Maybe your eyesight is failing.
>
> He's like 80 or something, isn't he? Given that he gets confused by CGI
> video it's no wonder he has a problem with reality....

Reality has never been a problem for you Darren, you've always ignored
it and created your own - like a fraudulent career in automotive for
instance. 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications, 15 years of
automotive business ownership, all as fake as you are. Well done you!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcmb0cF1a18U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14032&group=aus.cars#14032

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:15:13 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 01:15 UTC

On 25/04/2022 8:06 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:00:55 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:

>>> I don't think that higher type vehicles are the problem, more likely
>>> its a few owners of various vehicles mess around with their vehicles
>>> lights such as fitting brighter globes then don't check that the
>>> lights are aimed correctly.
>>> The problem isn't new, vehicles with badly aimed lights or lights not
>>> working correctly have been around for a very long time.
>>>

>> maybe so but headlights have never been as bright as they are now
> They're of the LED type and styling seems to dictate a smaller
> headlight which means the light has to be brighter to do the same job.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#LED

yeah knew they were LED. and lots of interesting stuff in that article.
thanks.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: night driving and car headlights

<squb6hdaeqh54ogpr4rul3rabvvpnpavdf@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14034&group=aus.cars#14034

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:53:21 +1000
 by: John_H - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 02:53 UTC

Yosemite Sam wrote:

>the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new cars
>have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of the SUV
>type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of conventional cars,
>who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming SUV's, due to the
>height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of normal car drivers.
>this problem will become even greater and many trucks and semi's get
>these kind of headlights.

When correctly adjusted even truck headlamps are no worse to drive
into than car headlamps!

> I don't know what this answer to this problem
>is or can or will be? while driving after dark tonight I was blinded by
>something coming toward me with these kind of headlights. I don't even
>know what kind of vehicle it was as I couldn't see anything, not even
>the road!

An observation made years ago is that the closer you get to cities the
more common maladjusted headlamps become for the simple reason that
the incorrectly adjusted ones aren't very good for seeing ahead in the
absence of street lamps! The brightness problem has been compounded
by modern technology, particularly HID and more recently LED. In the
past very few cars ever left the showroom with correctly adjusted
headlamps which shouldn't be an issue with the increasingly common
self levelling variety when on low beam.

In my experience drivers who fail to dip in good time (if at all)
present the worst problem and especially those with aftermarket
driving lamps, LED lighbars being by far the worst offenders.

--
John H

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcmostF3nbjU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14035&group=aus.cars#14035

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:11:58 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 05:11 UTC

On 25/04/2022 12:53 pm, John_H wrote:
> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new cars
>> have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of the SUV
>> type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of conventional cars,
>> who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming SUV's, due to the
>> height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of normal car drivers.
>> this problem will become even greater and many trucks and semi's get
>> these kind of headlights.
>
> When correctly adjusted even truck headlamps are no worse to drive
> into than car headlamps!
>
>> I don't know what this answer to this problem
>> is or can or will be? while driving after dark tonight I was blinded by
>> something coming toward me with these kind of headlights. I don't even
>> know what kind of vehicle it was as I couldn't see anything, not even
>> the road!
>
> An observation made years ago is that the closer you get to cities the
> more common maladjusted headlamps become for the simple reason that
> the incorrectly adjusted ones aren't very good for seeing ahead in the
> absence of street lamps! The brightness problem has been compounded
> by modern technology, particularly HID and more recently LED. In the
> past very few cars ever left the showroom with correctly adjusted
> headlamps which shouldn't be an issue with the increasingly common
> self levelling variety when on low beam.
>
> In my experience drivers who fail to dip in good time (if at all)
> present the worst problem and especially those with aftermarket
> driving lamps, LED lighbars being by far the worst offenders.

**Actually, those morons who insist on using their fog lamps, when it's
not foggy, piss me off.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<t45ant$4b8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14036&group=aus.cars#14036

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:14:36 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 05:14 UTC

On 25/04/2022 3:11 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 25/04/2022 12:53 pm, John_H wrote:

>> In my experience drivers who fail to dip in good time (if at all)
>> present the worst problem and especially those with aftermarket
>> driving lamps, LED lighbars being by far the worst offenders.
>>

> **Actually, those morons who insist on using their fog lamps, when it's
> not foggy, piss me off.

Which seems to be every Commodore driving moron in existence.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcmqt4F42t8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14037&group=aus.cars#14037

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:46:12 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 05:46 UTC

On 25/4/2022 3:11 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 25/04/2022 12:53 pm, John_H wrote:
>> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> the light from older car's  headlights is yellow, but I notice new cars
>>> have very bright white light headlights. as many new cars are of the SUV
>>> type, this is causing a big problem for drivers of conventional cars,
>>> who are being blinded by the headlights of oncoming SUV's, due to the
>>> height of SUV headlights approximating eye level of normal car drivers.
>>> this problem will become even greater and many trucks and semi's get
>>> these kind of headlights.
>>
>> When correctly adjusted even truck headlamps are no worse to drive
>> into than car headlamps!
>>
>>> I don't know what this answer to this problem
>>> is or can or will be? while driving after dark tonight I was blinded by
>>> something coming toward me with these kind of headlights. I don't even
>>> know what kind of vehicle it was as I couldn't see anything, not even
>>> the road!
>>
>> An observation made years ago is that the closer you get to cities the
>> more common maladjusted headlamps become for the simple reason that
>> the incorrectly adjusted ones aren't very good for seeing ahead in the
>> absence of street lamps!  The brightness problem has been compounded
>> by modern technology, particularly HID and more recently LED.  In the
>> past very few cars ever left the showroom with correctly adjusted
>> headlamps which shouldn't be an issue with the increasingly common
>> self levelling variety when on low beam.
>>
>> In my experience drivers who fail to dip in good time (if at all)
>> present the worst problem and especially those with aftermarket
>> driving lamps, LED lighbars being by far the worst offenders.
>>

> **Actually, those morons who insist on using their fog lamps, when it's
> not foggy, piss me off.

Know what you mean but it doesn't seem to be as big a problem as what it
used to be.

--
Daryl

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcmsmeF4dj3U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14038&group=aus.cars#14038

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:16:47 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 06:16 UTC

On 25/04/2022 3:46 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 25/4/2022 3:11 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> When correctly adjusted even truck headlamps are no worse to drive
>>> into than car headlamps!

>>> An observation made years ago is that the closer you get to cities the
>>> more common maladjusted headlamps become for the simple reason that
>>> the incorrectly adjusted ones aren't very good for seeing ahead in the
>>> absence of street lamps!  The brightness problem has been compounded
>>> by modern technology, particularly HID and more recently LED.  In the
>>> past very few cars ever left the showroom with correctly adjusted
>>> headlamps which shouldn't be an issue with the increasingly common
>>> self levelling variety when on low beam.
>>>
>>> In my experience drivers who fail to dip in good time (if at all)
>>> present the worst problem and especially those with aftermarket
>>> driving lamps, LED lighbars being by far the worst offenders.
>>>

>> **Actually, those morons who insist on using their fog lamps, when
>> it's not foggy, piss me off.
>

> Know what you mean but it doesn't seem to be as big a problem as what it
> used to be.

**Prolly because the cops are doing their job and issuing fines.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcn5dkF622nU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14039&group=aus.cars#14039

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:45:38 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:45 UTC

On 25/4/2022 4:16 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 25/04/2022 3:46 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Actually, those morons who insist on using their fog lamps, when
>>> it's not foggy, piss me off.
>>

>> Know what you mean but it doesn't seem to be as big a problem as what
>> it used to be.
>>

> **Prolly because the cops are doing their job and issuing fines.

Could be and it could also be that drivers have been educated better.

--
Daryl

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcn7gpF6eqoU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14041&group=aus.cars#14041

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:21:30 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:21 UTC

On 25/04/2022 6:45 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 25/4/2022 4:16 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Know what you mean but it doesn't seem to be as big a problem as what
>>> it used to be.
>>>

>> **Prolly because the cops are doing their job and issuing fines.
>

> Could be and it could also be that drivers have been educated better.

**LOL! Very funny. Educated drivers. ROTFLMAO!

Nice one Daz. Best laugh I've had all week.

Re: night driving and car headlights

<sau9K.6815$_Ol4.303@fx08.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14042&group=aus.cars#14042

From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:51:18 +1000
 by: lindsay - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:51 UTC

On 25/04/2022 10:11 am, Xeno wrote:

> Reality has never been a problem for you Darren,

Oh, how are you going, Krypsis? Swallowed an overdose of hypocrisy pills
again I see, eh?

> it and created your own - like a fraudulent career in automotive for
> instance. 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications, 15 years of
> automotive business ownership, all as fake as you are. Well done you!

Is this whats left of your life now, Tomas Clasener?? Spend your days
waiting for your nemesis to post something/anything, so you can parrot
the same shit *over and over and over* .?

https://imgflip.com/i/6dqyof

I'd suggest you get a life, but thats beyond you now...

Just shut the fuck up, you sad pathetic boring old oxygen thief....

Re: night driving and car headlights

<jcni97F8ghsU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14044&group=aus.cars#14044

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 22:25:09 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:25 UTC

On 25/4/2022 7:21 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 25/04/2022 6:45 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Prolly because the cops are doing their job and issuing fines.
>>

>> Could be and it could also be that drivers have been educated better.
>>

> **LOL! Very funny. Educated drivers. ROTFLMAO!
>
> Nice one Daz. Best laugh I've had all week.

Glad to have made your day:-)
Unlikely that driver behavior was changed due to a small number of fines
being issued (I only know one person who was fined for incorrect fog
lamp use) so its logical to assume that there is other reasons for the
change.
Possibly changes to car design?
There was a small driver ed campaign re fog lamp use in Vic.
DRL's are more common now so maybe drivers no longer feel the need for
fog lamps in the daytime?
Combination of all of the above?

--
Daryl

Re: night driving and car headlights

<1cz7ll88nsj5e.9g1v93m9338u$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14045&group=aus.cars#14045

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 04:41:00 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:41 UTC

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:51:18 +1000, lindsay wrote:

> On 25/04/2022 10:11 am, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Reality has never been a problem for you Darren,
>
> Oh, how are you going, Krypsis? Swallowed an overdose of hypocrisy pills
> again I see, eh?
>
>> it and created your own - like a fraudulent career in automotive for
>> instance. 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications, 15 years of
>> automotive business ownership, all as fake as you are. Well done you!
>
> Is this whats left of your life now, Tomas Clasener?? Spend your days
> waiting for your nemesis to post something/anything, so you can parrot
> the same shit *over and over and over* .?

Which is *exactly* what you're doing here Mr Pot.

hth

alvey

Re: night driving and car headlights

<t473sa$7uu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14047&group=aus.cars#14047

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 07:29:44 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 21:29 UTC

On 25/04/2022 10:25 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 25/4/2022 7:21 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> **LOL! Very funny. Educated drivers. ROTFLMAO!
>>
>> Nice one Daz. Best laugh I've had all week.
>

> Glad to have made your day:-)
> Unlikely that driver behavior was changed due to a small number of fines
> being issued (I only know one person who was fined for incorrect fog
> lamp use) so its logical to assume that there is other reasons for the
> change.
> Possibly changes to car design?
> There was a small driver ed campaign re fog lamp use in Vic.
> DRL's are more common now so maybe drivers no longer feel the need for
> fog lamps in the daytime?
> Combination of all of the above?

Funny you mention that. Remember in the 1980's when DRL's on Volvo's
were seen as the height of wankerism, and now just about every car built
in the last 5 years has them and everyone seems to think they're a good
idea?

How times change... :)

Regards,
Noddy.