From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Car colours.
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:14:44 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:14 UTC

Has anyone noticed how many cars are painted road-surface gray?
They're the co lour of aged bitumen and no better camouflage could be
imagined, especially on dull days.
Also the average cars all see very much alike in style due to
manufacturing efficiencies, no doubt, but oh so boring.

Re: Car colours.

<jcmbaqF1cs9U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14033&group=aus.cars#14033

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Car colours.
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:20:47 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 01:20 UTC

On 25/04/2022 8:14 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> Has anyone noticed how many cars are painted road-surface gray?
> They're the co lour of aged bitumen and no better camouflage could be
> imagined, especially on dull days.

yep. crazy! the most dangerous colour ever. I almost came to grief with
a grey car not so long ago. didn't even see it!

> Also the average cars all see very much alike in style due to
> manufacturing efficiencies, no doubt, but oh so boring.

yes, not easy to tell what make many cars are these days, unless you're
familiar with the models

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car colours.

<t4g9mp$l4b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14139&group=aus.cars#14139

From: ton...@invalid.edu (Lord Tony of Lamplighter Castle)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 17:04:25 +0800
 by: Lord Tony of Lamplig - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 09:04 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:
> Has anyone noticed how many cars are painted road-surface gray?
> They're the co lour of aged bitumen and no better camouflage could be
> imagined, especially on dull days.
> Also the average cars all see very much alike in style due to
> manufacturing efficiencies, no doubt, but oh so boring.

It is like the manufacturers all got together and decided silver-grey
of the last 30 years was out of fashion and must be replaced by glossy
battleship grey. And all RHD cars will be this colour.

Re: Car colours.

<19n6an99q4ou5$.1c7uugty9gnx3$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14150&group=aus.cars#14150

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 04:49:29 +1000
 by: alvey - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 18:49 UTC

On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 17:04:25 +0800, Lord Tony of Lamplighter Castle wrote:

> Peter Jason wrote:
>> Has anyone noticed how many cars are painted road-surface gray?
>> They're the co lour of aged bitumen and no better camouflage could be
>> imagined, especially on dull days.
>> Also the average cars all see very much alike in style due to
>> manufacturing efficiencies, no doubt, but oh so boring.
>>
> It is like the manufacturers all got together and decided silver-grey
> of the last 30 years was out of fashion and must be replaced by glossy
> battleship grey. And all RHD cars will be this colour.

They're not all "glossy". Incredibly, there are a few matt grey ones about,
presumably made for adrenaline junkies & those with a death wish.

alvey