From: ukr...@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Subject: Re: fun with plastic, not Where to put my railcard on my
Oyter card at Heathrow?
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 16:30:00 -0000 (UTC)
<iyON61DcmWtiFANf@perry.uk>
<t94084$25f$4@dont-email.me>
sha1:A+WPGPc/bEoGEahCr1YqlHLFA0Q=
 by: Sam Wilson - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 16:30 UTC

Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> wrote:
> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <3i59bh9qtotmi98tt1sdgceroa2kk9c1a4@4ax.com>, at 17:40:50 on
>> Thu, 23 Jun 2022, Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com>
>> remarked:

>>> There could be a different reason for the ratio changing. The card
>>> readers have been changing during the last couple of years (old ones -
>>> tap card on screen; new ones tap card on top of reader above the
>>> screen)
>>
>> I've only ever seen that latter in some hospitality venues there the
>> terminal is a portable one (eg proffered by bar staff). Supermarkets
>> all still have the screen (on a permanently wired-in terminal), and
>> green bars across the top of the screen.
>>

> I find different brands of terminal have the contactless pad in different
> locations, some at the top, the screen, the bottom, the side…

I’ve recently noticed some which have the new, inclined pad on the top of
the terminal but also put up a “touch here” message on the screen when the
payment is activated. Uhhhh…?

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

aus+uk / uk.transport.london / Re: fun with plastic, not Where to put my railcard on my Oyter card at Heathrow?