From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: More statin news for Nick
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:19:52 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:19 UTC

https://maryannedemasi.substack.com/p/response-to-a-critique-of-our-statin

Re: More statin news for Nick

<uep5th5aivas1cv3o4chpbifj5ecttap1l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14035&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14035

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: More statin news for Nick
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:50:54 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:50 UTC

On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:19:52 +0000, BrritSki
<rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://maryannedemasi.substack.com/p/response-to-a-critique-of-our-statin

Many thanks for that, BrritSki. An interesting read.

Let's just say that I am a fully paid-up enthusiast for Public Health:
anything which helps protect the public from disease and infection
seems like a good idea to me. As it happens, I'm half-expecting to be
offered an unexpected extra Covid-19 booster tomorrow and if I am, I
won't refuse it. It might not make a lot of difference to me (though
of course, there is also the possibility that it might) but if it
helps to keep the community healthy then in my mind it is A Good
Thing(TM).

But the more I read around this particular project, the more it seems
to be - as has been said before - less of a public health project and
more to do with public finance.

We can't make them live any longer so let's help them die of something
cheaper.

Nick

Re: More statin news for Nick

<7olath1e0ctrttd0ttl0kodtvam7bflb5u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14065&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14065

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:14:30 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:14 UTC

On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:50:54 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:19:52 +0000, BrritSki
><rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://maryannedemasi.substack.com/p/response-to-a-critique-of-our-statin
>
>Many thanks for that, BrritSki. An interesting read.
>
>Let's just say that I am a fully paid-up enthusiast for Public Health:
>anything which helps protect the public from disease and infection
>seems like a good idea to me. As it happens, I'm half-expecting to be
>offered an unexpected extra Covid-19 booster tomorrow and if I am, I
>won't refuse it. It might not make a lot of difference to me (though
>of course, there is also the possibility that it might) but if it
>helps to keep the community healthy then in my mind it is A Good
>Thing(TM).
<snip>

And I was..

....offered a booster jab.
They scanned my passport and my vaccination records and added the
details to their files so I now have a vaccinationb record in
Argentina too. And they know I'm just a tourist. When I come back to
Dear Old Blighty, I wonder if our authorities will recognise their
certificates? I wonder if it matters if they don't?

Nick

Re: More statin news for Nick

<tr3mab$2aijg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14066&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14066

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:34:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:K+2et7UYlwo34IbhmTjwdAVYIBM=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:34 UTC

Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:50:54 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:19:52 +0000, BrritSki
>> <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://maryannedemasi.substack.com/p/response-to-a-critique-of-our-statin
>>
>> Many thanks for that, BrritSki. An interesting read.
>>
>> Let's just say that I am a fully paid-up enthusiast for Public Health:
>> anything which helps protect the public from disease and infection
>> seems like a good idea to me. As it happens, I'm half-expecting to be
>> offered an unexpected extra Covid-19 booster tomorrow and if I am, I
>> won't refuse it. It might not make a lot of difference to me (though
>> of course, there is also the possibility that it might) but if it
>> helps to keep the community healthy then in my mind it is A Good
>> Thing(TM).
> <snip>
>
> And I was..
>
> ...offered a booster jab.
> They scanned my passport and my vaccination records and added the
> details to their files so I now have a vaccinationb record in
> Argentina too. And they know I'm just a tourist. When I come back to
> Dear Old Blighty, I wonder if our authorities will recognise their
> certificates? I wonder if it matters if they don't?
>
> Nick

Might there be some Argy Bargey if they don’t?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: More statin news for Nick

<zRfBL.472415$iS99.215679@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14068&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14068

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:47:27 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:47 UTC

On 28-Jan-23 17:14, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:50:54 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:19:52 +0000, BrritSki
>> <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://maryannedemasi.substack.com/p/response-to-a-critique-of-our-statin
>>
>> Many thanks for that, BrritSki. An interesting read.
>>
>> Let's just say that I am a fully paid-up enthusiast for Public Health:
>> anything which helps protect the public from disease and infection
>> seems like a good idea to me. As it happens, I'm half-expecting to be
>> offered an unexpected extra Covid-19 booster tomorrow and if I am, I
>> won't refuse it. It might not make a lot of difference to me (though
>> of course, there is also the possibility that it might) but if it
>> helps to keep the community healthy then in my mind it is A Good
>> Thing(TM).
> <snip>
>
> And I was..
>
> ...offered a booster jab.
> They scanned my passport and my vaccination records and added the
> details to their files so I now have a vaccinationb record in
> Argentina too. And they know I'm just a tourist. When I come back to
> Dear Old Blighty, I wonder if our authorities will recognise their
> certificates? I wonder if it matters if they don't?

_Possible_ complication if Argentina happen to use a vaccine which is
not used in the UK.
"We only use X, Y and Z - so we don't recognise the stuff in your arm."

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: More statin news for Nick

<ipndthh1318vf69aaq3f7dj6llb45ko1ci@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14076&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14076

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:07:37 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:07 UTC

On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:47:27 +0000, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>On 28-Jan-23 17:14, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:50:54 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> Many thanks for that, BrritSki. An interesting read.
>>>
>>> Let's just say that I am a fully paid-up enthusiast for Public Health:
>>> anything which helps protect the public from disease and infection
>>> seems like a good idea to me. As it happens, I'm half-expecting to be
>>> offered an unexpected extra Covid-19 booster tomorrow and if I am, I
>>> won't refuse it. It might not make a lot of difference to me (though
>>> of course, there is also the possibility that it might) but if it
>>> helps to keep the community healthy then in my mind it is A Good
>>> Thing(TM).
>> <snip>
>>
>> And I was..
>>
>> ...offered a booster jab.
>> They scanned my passport and my vaccination records and added the
>> details to their files so I now have a vaccinationb record in
>> Argentina too. And they know I'm just a tourist. When I come back to
>> Dear Old Blighty, I wonder if our authorities will recognise their
>> certificates? I wonder if it matters if they don't?
>
>_Possible_ complication if Argentina happen to use a vaccine which is
>not used in the UK.
>"We only use X, Y and Z - so we don't recognise the stuff in your arm."

Maybe. This is Moderna, which I know is used in the UK. But I remember
the early days shenanigans around Astra Zeneca vaccines which had not
been made in an approved facility. Obviously it was an approved
facility in itself - just not on the NHS approved list. (Indian,
perhaps?) So, well, we'll wait and see.

Nick

Re: More statin news for Nick

<gb4fthl8nqkq21ibj7pm75u1buet1uffva@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14083&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14083

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:45:44 +0000
 by: Penny - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:45 UTC

On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:07:37 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:47:27 +0000, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>
>>On 28-Jan-23 17:14, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> And I was..
>>>
>>> ...offered a booster jab.
>>> They scanned my passport and my vaccination records and added the
>>> details to their files so I now have a vaccinationb record in
>>> Argentina too. And they know I'm just a tourist. When I come back to
>>> Dear Old Blighty, I wonder if our authorities will recognise their
>>> certificates? I wonder if it matters if they don't?
>>
>>_Possible_ complication if Argentina happen to use a vaccine which is
>>not used in the UK.
>>"We only use X, Y and Z - so we don't recognise the stuff in your arm."
>
>Maybe. This is Moderna, which I know is used in the UK. But I remember
>the early days shenanigans around Astra Zeneca vaccines which had not
>been made in an approved facility. Obviously it was an approved
>facility in itself - just not on the NHS approved list. (Indian,
>perhaps?) So, well, we'll wait and see.
>
>Nick

Full circle, AstraZeneca, inventor of Statins, publishers of dodgy trials
results...
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959