From: ken...@birchanger.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
Subject: Travelling on Friday
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 09:17:00 +0100
 by: Ken - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:17 UTC

I plan to travel to London on Friday, when there's a strike on.
Current advice from TfL is: don't do it. But my journey looks as if
it's doable.
I need to get to somewhere in Bexleyheath by 11. My arrival into TfL
land will be at Liverpool St. (or, possibly, Stratford). So I'd be on
the Lizzie Line to Woolwich then 422 bus. The latter isn't
strike-bound and, in theory, neither is the former.
TfL seems to not know or not want to say how the EL will run. Does
anyone here have more insight? Also, that 422 bus. So far as I know
there's nothing about the strike that would push vast hordes onto the
route.
So, would you risk it? I'd rather not cancel as it's not easy booking
the things I've booked.

aus+uk / uk.transport.london / Travelling on Friday