From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: EE and Vodafone customers able to call after bug fixed
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 12:15:24 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 11:15 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66708574

"EE and Vodafone customers able to call after bug fixed

Customers from two of the UK's most popular mobile networks are now able
to talk again after EE fixed an issue affecting them.

Reports of issues with Vodafone and EE first came in at midday on
Monday, according to the website Downdetector.

Vodafone said at the time there were no issues with its own network, but
customers were unable to call EE numbers.

EE apologised and said the problem has now been resolved."

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: EE and Vodafone customers able to call after bug fixed

<udcjdm$30cf2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14156&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14156

From: philusen...@gmx.com (Phil)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 14:32:39 +0100
 by: Phil - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 13:32 UTC

On 06/09/2023 12:15, Java Jive wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66708574
>
> "EE and Vodafone customers able to call after bug fixed
>
> Customers from two of the UK's most popular mobile networks are now able
> to talk again after EE fixed an issue affecting them.
>
> Reports of issues with Vodafone and EE first came in at midday on
> Monday, according to the website Downdetector.
>
> Vodafone said at the time there were no issues with its own network, but
> customers were unable to call EE numbers.
>
> EE apologised and said the problem has now been resolved."

Ah, that explains why I couldn't get through to someone on Voxi the
other day. Wondered what was going on. I ended up calling them over
WhatsApp.

Re: EE and Vodafone customers able to call after bug fixed

<km69lnFms11U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14169&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14169

From: mark.car...@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 17:37:11 +0100
 by: Mark Carver - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 16:37 UTC

On 07/09/2023 14:32, Phil wrote:
> On 06/09/2023 12:15, Java Jive wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66708574
>>
>> "EE and Vodafone customers able to call after bug fixed
>>
>> Customers from two of the UK's most popular mobile networks are now
>> able to talk again after EE fixed an issue affecting them.
>>
>> Reports of issues with Vodafone and EE first came in at midday on
>> Monday, according to the website Downdetector.
>>
>> Vodafone said at the time there were no issues with its own network,
>> but customers were unable to call EE numbers.
>>
>> EE apologised and said the problem has now been resolved."
>>
> Ah, that explains why I couldn't get through to someone on Voxi the
> other day. Wondered what was going on. I ended up calling them over
> WhatsApp.
 It also affected folk who are on Vodafone, but are there after porting
from originally EE.

The UK (almost uniquely in the world) arranges ported numbers such that
incoming calls to you are still routed via your original network.

In my case I ported from Vodafone to EE ten years ago, so all my calls
are still routed via Vodafone.

This week the fault mentioned, meant that no one could call anyone on
Vodafone who were originally EE  subscribers