6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Sid Update

SubjectAuthor
* Sid UpdateBrritSki
+* Re: Sid Updatekrw
|`* Re: Sid UpdateBrritSki
| `- Re: Sid Updatekrw
`* Re: Sid UpdateSerena Blanchflower
 `* Re: Sid UpdateBrritSki
  +- Re: Sid UpdateSerena Blanchflower
  `* Re: Sid UpdateChris
   `* Re: Sid UpdateSerena Blanchflower
    `* Re: Sid UpdateChris
     `- Re: Sid UpdateSerena Blanchflower

1
Sid Update

<k3pi5tFshkoU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14084&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14084

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Sid Update
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:49:48 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:49 UTC

Friends, I'm still in Charing Cross Hospital, where I'm being
wonderfully well looked after and treated. Pain control is proving
"complex". I'm fairly comfortable much of the time, but there are still
times when it Really Isn't Funny. Lots of brainy and experienced people
are working on it and trying things; we'll get there in the end.

It has become clear that going home is not practicable. When the medics
here have done what they can, I'll move to a nursing home. Depending on
how things go medically and on availability, it will take a little while
- although I don't know how long "a little while" will be.

Meanwhile, calls, messages, emails etc remain very welcome. Thanks again
for the wonderful support and kindness that everyone has shown me. It
really means a lot.

With love,
David/Dai/Sid

And in an addendum for me showing he still retains his GSOH:
Just thought I'd mention that for dinner tonight I'll be having Pork &
Leek sausages. They were unable to tell me whether they'll be TOM ARCHER
pork and leek sausages.

To which I felt duty-bound to reply:
"Enjoy your sausages MOPMOB. Is there an obliging nurse who will help
you hide one for old times sake ?"

which raised a smile and mention of something called "libido" which I
have a vague recollection of...

Re: Sid Update

<OoOcndbgyviXCkr-nZ2dnZfqn_YAAAAA@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14088&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14088

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 10:07:34 +0000
Subject: Re: Sid Update
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 10:07 UTC

On 30.1.23 09:49, BrritSki wrote:
> Friends, I'm still in Charing Cross Hospital, where I'm being
> wonderfully well looked after and treated. Pain control is proving
> "complex". I'm fairly comfortable much of the time, but there are still
> times when it Really Isn't Funny. Lots of brainy and experienced people
> are working on it and trying things; we'll get there in the end.
>
> It has become clear that going home is not practicable. When the medics
> here have done what they can, I'll move to a nursing home. Depending on
> how things go medically and on availability, it will take a little while
> - although I don't know how long "a little while" will be.
>
> Meanwhile, calls, messages, emails etc remain very welcome. Thanks again
> for the wonderful support and kindness that everyone has shown me. It
> really means a lot.
>
> With love,
> David/Dai/Sid
>
> And in an addendum for me showing he still retains his GSOH:
> Just thought I'd mention that for dinner tonight I'll be having Pork &
> Leek sausages. They were unable to tell me whether they'll be TOM ARCHER
> pork and leek sausages.
>
> To which I felt duty-bound to reply:
> "Enjoy your sausages MOPMOB. Is there an obliging nurse who will help
> you hide one for old times sake ?"
>
> which raised a smile and mention of something called "libido" which I
> have a vague recollection of...

Excellent news and a welcome laugh at the last part!
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Sid Update

<k3pjrhFshkoU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14089&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14089

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 10:18:24 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 10:18 UTC

On 30/01/2023 10:07, krw wrote:

> Excellent news

Excellent ? Maybe not clear that he won;t be going home ever.
Nursing home and then hospice :(

Re: Sid Update

<tr8epi$37p9l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14094&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14094

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 12:56:17 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 12:56 UTC

On 30/01/2023 09:49, BrritSki wrote:

> Meanwhile, calls, messages, emails etc remain very welcome. Thanks again
> for the wonderful support and kindness that everyone has shown me. It
> really means a lot.

I'm glad they're getting things under control, most of the time at
least, and that Sid's managing to hold onto his sense of humour. I do
hope that Matron has got the nursing staff under her control.

Am I right in assuming that cards sent to his home address will still
reach him OK? Or would Charing Cross Hospital be a safer bet?

--
Best wishes, Serena
England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

Re: Sid Update

<k3pu21FubhmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14095&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14095

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 13:12:32 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 13:12 UTC

On 30/01/2023 12:56, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 09:49, BrritSki wrote:
>>
>> Meanwhile, calls, messages, emails etc remain very welcome. Thanks
>> again for the wonderful support and kindness that everyone has shown
>> me. It really means a lot.
>
> I'm glad they're getting things under control, most of the time at
> least, and that Sid's managing to hold onto his sense of humour.  I do
> hope that Matron has got the nursing staff under her control.
>
> Am I right in assuming that cards sent to his home address will still
> reach him OK?  Or would Charing Cross Hospital be a safer bet?

I think his wife is still at home and there is a good support group, so
I assume that letters sent there will get to him.

Re: Sid Update

<tr8joo$37p9l$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14096&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14096

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:21:11 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:21 UTC

On 30/01/2023 13:12, BrritSki wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 12:56, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>> On 30/01/2023 09:49, BrritSki wrote:
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, calls, messages, emails etc remain very welcome. Thanks
>>> again for the wonderful support and kindness that everyone has shown
>>> me. It really means a lot.
>>
>> I'm glad they're getting things under control, most of the time at
>> least, and that Sid's managing to hold onto his sense of humour.  I do
>> hope that Matron has got the nursing staff under her control.
>>
>> Am I right in assuming that cards sent to his home address will still
>> reach him OK?  Or would Charing Cross Hospital be a safer bet?
>>
> I think his wife is still at home and there is a good support group, so
> I assume that letters sent there will get to him.

Thanks.

--
Best wishes, Serena
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change

Re: Sid Update

<f5qcnStJzZHff0r-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14097&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14097

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:29:13 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
 by: krw - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:29 UTC

On 30.1.23 10:18, BrritSki wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 10:07, krw wrote:
>>
>> Excellent news
>
> Excellent ?  Maybe not clear that he won;t be going home ever.
> Nursing home and then hospice  :(

Well perhaps not excellent. As you know my daughter was looked after in
a facility more suited to full time care and it made her life and that
of family members much easier - we might all prefer to be at home but
good places can provide better care from less stressed individuals than
at home and that should be easier for patient and family than either
hospital or being at home.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Sid Update

<tr9a28$3ee4h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14104&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14104

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 20:41:44 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:yGLrZUT5pR4EihKN7LTl6Fj3EZs=
 by: Chris - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 20:41 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 12:56, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
>> On 30/01/2023 09:49, BrritSki wrote:
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, calls, messages, emails etc remain very welcome. Thanks
>>> again for the wonderful support and kindness that everyone has shown
>>> me. It really means a lot.
>>
>> I'm glad they're getting things under control, most of the time at
>> least, and that Sid's managing to hold onto his sense of humour.  I do
>> hope that Matron has got the nursing staff under her control.
>>
>> Am I right in assuming that cards sent to his home address will still
>> reach him OK?  Or would Charing Cross Hospital be a safer bet?
>>
> I think his wife is still at home and there is a good support group, so
> I assume that letters sent there will get to him.

Hospital post is a mystery, things go AWOL and then mysteriously get found.
Best to send it to the flat.

Mrs McT

Re: Sid Update

<traqa0$3oikq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14110&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14110

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:25:04 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:25 UTC

On 30/01/2023 20:41, Chris wrote:
> Hospital post is a mystery, things go AWOL and then mysteriously get found.
> Best to send it to the flat.

My experience of it has been better than yours, by the sound of it. It
has the advantage (when it's working as it should) of cards arriving
when there are no visitors, which is likely to be the time when a
cheerful card will give the biggest boost. This will only work if the
patient is still in the hospital the card has been sent to though...

--
Best wishes, Serena
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.

Re: Sid Update

<trbcnv$3s84j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14118&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14118

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:39:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ZTYBpATALEhTzfv5kEEcjKfbzcY=
 by: Chris - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:39 UTC

Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 30/01/2023 20:41, Chris wrote:
>> Hospital post is a mystery, things go AWOL and then mysteriously get found.
>> Best to send it to the flat.
>
> My experience of it has been better than yours, by the sound of it. It
> has the advantage (when it's working as it should) of cards arriving
> when there are no visitors, which is likely to be the time when a
> cheerful card will give the biggest boost. This will only work if the
> patient is still in the hospital the card has been sent to though...

Usually the patient has been moved to another ward.

Mrs McT

Re: Sid Update

<trbfr6$3oikq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14119&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14119

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 16:32:37 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 16:32 UTC

On 31/01/2023 15:39, Chris wrote:
> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 30/01/2023 20:41, Chris wrote:
>>> Hospital post is a mystery, things go AWOL and then mysteriously get found.
>>> Best to send it to the flat.
>>
>> My experience of it has been better than yours, by the sound of it. It
>> has the advantage (when it's working as it should) of cards arriving
>> when there are no visitors, which is likely to be the time when a
>> cheerful card will give the biggest boost. This will only work if the
>> patient is still in the hospital the card has been sent to though...
>>

> Usually the patient has been moved to another ward.

IME, hospitals have been pretty good at tracking patients down and
getting the cards to them. Forwarding them for patients who have been
discharged tends to be slower though.

--
Best wishes, Serena