Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Hospice patient McConnell urges dementia patient Xiden to strike Iran
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:54:13 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:54 UTC

Not saying we shouldn't, maybe we should.
Am saying that senile citizens [obviously] should not be, even
nominally, calling the shots.
They are on their last legs, have been for quite some time. 1 foot in
the grave, the other on a banana peel, they obviously have nothing left
to personally lose, and they are not in complete control of their mental
facilities, to put it charitably.
Here we have 1 guy who has frozen up in some mystery mental fit on
camera multiple times urging a guy who cannot even remember he is the
president or put 2 coherent sentences together in a row to start bombing.

I'm wondering what we are doing in syria in the first place, if I recall
correctly, Trump had troops in syria withdrawn, and Bolsheviks put them
right back in - And Trump was the one the wingnuts worried was going to
drag us into endless wars ?

`````````````````````````````

GOP hawks press Biden to target Iran directly over soldiers' deaths

President Biden is facing calls from congressional hawks to escalate
attacks on Iran-linked targets, including within Iran itself, in
response to the deaths of three U.S. service members in a drone attack
in Jordan.

Why it matters: Heeding those calls would risk significantly expanding
and drawing the U.S. further into an already growing regional conflict
that has sprung up as a result of the Israel-Hamas war.

Driving the news: "Last night, three U.S. service members were killed
—and many wounded — during an unmanned aerial drone attack on our forces
stationed in northeast Jordan near the Syria border," Biden said in a
statement on Sunday morning.

Biden said the U.S. is "still gathering the facts of this attack,"
but "we know it was carried out by radical Iran-backed militant groups
operating in Syria and Iraq."
According to U.S. central command, 25 service members were wounded
in the attack.

What they're saying: Senate Minority Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) called for
"serious, crippling costs" to Iran, "not only on front-line terrorist
proxies, but on their Iranian sponsors who wear American blood as a
badge of honor."

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), said in a statement the attacks the
U.S. has carried out on Iranian proxies outside Iran "will not deter
Iranian aggression," calling to "strike targets of significance inside
Iran."
"The only answer to these attacks must be devastating military
retaliation against Iran's terrorist forces, both in Iran and across the
Middle East," said Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.). "Anything less will confirm
Joe Biden as a coward unworthy of being commander-in-chief."
Sen. John Cornyn, in a post on the social media site X, said:
"Target Tehran,” later specifying that he wants the U.S. to strike
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. and its Quds Force branch.

Re: Hospice patient McConnell urges dementia patient Xiden to strike Iran

<20240129105936.0000021e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14179&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#14179

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Hospice patient McConnell urges dementia patient Xiden to
strike Iran
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 10:59:36 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 10:59 UTC

On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:54:13 -0500
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> GOP hawks press Biden to target Iran directly over soldiers' deaths

Yay! Gulf War III