From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Charlotte Higgins rides again
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 08:01:24 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 08:01 UTC

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/feb/07/charlotte-higgins-on-the-archers-radio-to-make-you-weep-recklessly

And we have a new Archers euphemism: scaling Lakey Hill

john(as opposed to getting off at Hollerton Junction)

Re: Charlotte Higgins rides again

<k4f7u5F8rufU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14185&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14185

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Charlotte Higgins rides again
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 15:09:56 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 15:09 UTC

On 07/02/2023 08:01, John Ashby wrote:
> https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/feb/07/charlotte-higgins-on-the-archers-radio-to-make-you-weep-recklessly
>
> And we have a new Archers euphemism: scaling Lakey Hill

:)

"But she was admirable, even saintly, as she strained to keep the peace
between her quarrelsome brood. There were four children by three
fathers, then her husband’s child Ruairi, born from an affair that
nearly destroyed her, and whom she brought up, at first hesitatingly,
and then with devotion. Her life had layers. She had a past (one of
scandal, when, unmarried, she became pregnant in 1966) and one of some
creative ambition...:

Yes, it was very sad, but the bit that got me was Brian's regret about
the farmhouse and separating Jenny from her beloved kitchen. It rang
very true and redeemed him in a somewhat similar way to TLR in the
outstanding Happy Valley