One Bell System - it used to work before they installed the Dimension!

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

SubjectAuthor
* KWVR Railway Children SequelJeremy Double
+* KWVR Railway Children SequelGraeme Wall
|`* KWVR Railway Children SequelJeremy Double
| +- KWVR Railway Children SequelGraeme Wall
| +* KWVR Railway Children Sequelmartin.coffee
| |`* KWVR Railway Children SequelMB
| | `- KWVR Railway Children SequelGraeme Wall
| +* KWVR Railway Children SequelMB
| |`- KWVR Railway Children SequelGraeme Wall
| `* KWVR Railway Children Sequeltim...
|  `- KWVR Railway Children SequelGraham Harrison
`- KWVR Railway Children SequelPeter Johnson

1
KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<1452500395.645041269.385900.foo@ios.app.newstap>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1328&group=uk.railway#1328

From: jmd.nos...@btinternet.com (Jeremy Double)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: KWVR Railway Children Sequel
Date: 10 Jun 2021 18:18:33 GMT
 by: Jeremy Double - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:18 UTC

Seeing the thread about the Indiana Jones movie filming on the NYMR
reminded me to say something about the KWVR.

Filming seems currently to be in progress for the Railway Children sequel.

I was at the Worth Valley on Saturday, and all the parking spaces at
Oxenhope were taken up with caravans, lorries etc associated with filming.
The exhibition shed is closed to visitors, and I saw what was obviously a
technician going in there, so I assume that’s currently being used by the
production.

Oakworth station is closed to passengers at the moment, because I
understand that that’s where most of the filming is taking place.

I had a walk around Haworth, and saw a couple of wartime American Army 6x6
trucks and a couple of jeeps parked up in the street at the top end of the
village (the film is set in wartime).

In terms of public services, the KWVR is still offering pre-booked private
compartments on its public trains, but the train on Saturday also included
a couple of open carriages for people who were not using the pre-booked
facility. Members free tickets have been restored (they were suspended due
to COVID-19).

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9tnsr$ubc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1332&group=uk.railway#1332

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:07:07 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:07 UTC

On 10/06/2021 19:18, Jeremy Double wrote:

> Seeing the thread about the Indiana Jones movie filming on the NYMR
> reminded me to say something about the KWVR.
>
> Filming seems currently to be in progress for the Railway Children sequel.
>
> I was at the Worth Valley on Saturday, and all the parking spaces at
> Oxenhope were taken up with caravans, lorries etc associated with filming.
> The exhibition shed is closed to visitors, and I saw what was obviously a
> technician going in there, so I assume that’s currently being used by the
> production.

I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like :-)

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<505464572.645085447.352336.jmd.nospam-btinternet.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1344&group=uk.railway#1344

From: jmd.nos...@btinternet.com (Jeremy Double)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: 11 Jun 2021 06:24:40 GMT
 by: Jeremy Double - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:24 UTC

Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10/06/2021 19:18, Jeremy Double wrote:
>>
>> Seeing the thread about the Indiana Jones movie filming on the NYMR
>> reminded me to say something about the KWVR.
>>
>> Filming seems currently to be in progress for the Railway Children sequel.
>>
>> I was at the Worth Valley on Saturday, and all the parking spaces at
>> Oxenhope were taken up with caravans, lorries etc associated with filming.
>> The exhibition shed is closed to visitors, and I saw what was obviously a
>> technician going in there, so I assume that’s currently being used by the
>> production.
>>

> I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like :-)

Someone carrying bits of filming equipment.

--
Jeremy Double

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9uvtb$7rt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1345&group=uk.railway#1345

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 07:30:03 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:30 UTC

On 11/06/2021 07:24, Jeremy Double wrote:
> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 10/06/2021 19:18, Jeremy Double wrote:
>>>
>>> Seeing the thread about the Indiana Jones movie filming on the NYMR
>>> reminded me to say something about the KWVR.
>>>
>>> Filming seems currently to be in progress for the Railway Children sequel.
>>>
>>> I was at the Worth Valley on Saturday, and all the parking spaces at
>>> Oxenhope were taken up with caravans, lorries etc associated with filming.
>>> The exhibition shed is closed to visitors, and I saw what was obviously a
>>> technician going in there, so I assume that’s currently being used by the
>>> production.
>>>

>> I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like :-)
>>

> Someone carrying bits of filming equipment.

So definitely not a rigger then, or the producer giving a hand?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9v58h$75a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1354&group=uk.railway#1354

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:01:20 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:01 UTC

On 11/06/2021 07:24, Jeremy Double wrote:
> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 10/06/2021 19:18, Jeremy Double wrote:
>>>
>>> Seeing the thread about the Indiana Jones movie filming on the NYMR
>>> reminded me to say something about the KWVR.
>>>
>>> Filming seems currently to be in progress for the Railway Children sequel.
>>>
>>> I was at the Worth Valley on Saturday, and all the parking spaces at
>>> Oxenhope were taken up with caravans, lorries etc associated with filming.
>>> The exhibition shed is closed to visitors, and I saw what was obviously a
>>> technician going in there, so I assume that’s currently being used by the
>>> production.
>>>

>> I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like :-)
>>

> Someone carrying bits of filming equipment.

We have a lot of filming around here, mainly for Holby City and Casualty
and you quickly learn to sniff out the crew even away from their vans.
Providing they're not busy they're great people to talk to. I can see
the barge they use in Casualty from where I'm typing, the one they set
on fire.

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9v7t6$n6n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1360&group=uk.railway#1360

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:46:59 +0100
 by: MB - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:46 UTC

On 11/06/2021 07:24, Jeremy Double wrote:
>> I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like:-)
>>
> Someone carrying bits of filming equipment.

Used to be Filofax but probably now an iPad and clipboard (so they look
important) and a few people following them around to make them think
they are important, probably also involves large quantities of alcohol :-)

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9v85r$p0r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1362&group=uk.railway#1362

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:51:37 +0100
 by: MB - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:51 UTC

On 11/06/2021 09:01, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:
> We have a lot of filming around here, mainly for Holby City and Casualty
> and you quickly learn to sniff out the crew even away from their vans.
> Providing they're not busy they're great people to talk to. I can see
> the barge they use in Casualty from where I'm typing, the one they set
> on fire.

If you leave in an area like that, you soon get to recognise the
temporary signs they put up so know there is something happening.
Though often not easy to work out who they are - Harry Potter used to be
just "WB".

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9vain$8et$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1369&group=uk.railway#1369

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:32:07 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:32 UTC

On 11/06/2021 09:46, MB wrote:
> On 11/06/2021 07:24, Jeremy Double wrote:
>>> I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like:-)
>>>
>> Someone carrying bits of filming equipment.
>
> Used to be Filofax but probably now an iPad and clipboard (so they look
> important) and a few people following them around to make them think
> they are important, probably also involves large quantities of alcohol  :-)

That's production, not technicians. I never carried a clipboard (or
filofax) in my whole career.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9vakg$8et$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1370&group=uk.railway#1370

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:33:04 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:33 UTC

On 11/06/2021 09:51, MB wrote:
> On 11/06/2021 09:01, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:
>> We have a lot of filming around here, mainly for Holby City and Casualty
>> and you quickly learn to sniff out the crew even away from their vans.
>> Providing they're not busy they're great people to talk to.  I can see
>> the barge they use in Casualty from where I'm typing, the one they set
>> on fire.
>
> If you leave in an area like that, you soon get to recognise the
> temporary signs they put up so know there is something happening. Though
> often not easy to work out who they are - Harry Potter used to be just
> "WB".

And anything else that Warner Bros are filming.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<s9vnrf$8eh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1386&group=uk.railway#1386

From: timsnew...@gmail.com (tim...)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:18:38 +0100
 by: tim... - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 13:18 UTC

"Jeremy Double" <jmd.nospam@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 10/06/2021 19:18, Jeremy Double wrote:
>>>
>>> Seeing the thread about the Indiana Jones movie filming on the NYMR
>>> reminded me to say something about the KWVR.
>>>
>>> Filming seems currently to be in progress for the Railway Children
>>> sequel.
>>>
>>> I was at the Worth Valley on Saturday, and all the parking spaces at
>>> Oxenhope were taken up with caravans, lorries etc associated with
>>> filming.
>>> The exhibition shed is closed to visitors, and I saw what was obviously
>>> technician going in there, so I assume that’s currently being used by
>>> the
>>> production.
>>>

>> I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like :-)
>>

> Someone carrying bits of filming equipment.

or someone pretending to be an "official" by carrying a clipboard

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<ah67cg5ev4m8vk68869qlk0h4d6521ilgn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1411&group=uk.railway#1411

From: edward.h...@btinternet.com (Graham Harrison)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 18:15:51 +0100
 by: Graham Harrison - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 17:15 UTC

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:18:38 +0100, "tim..." <timsnews99@gmail.com>
wrote:

>"Jeremy Double" <jmd.nospam@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I'm intrigued to know what an obvious film technician looks like :-)
>>>

>> Someone carrying bits of filming equipment.
>
>or someone pretending to be an "official" by carrying a clipboard

You don't always need a clipboard, just confidence.

Re: KWVR Railway Children Sequel

<6se7cgdnfmi43j5aqumsp3hje1ho6ip4li@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1419&group=uk.railway#1419

From: pet...@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 20:38:35 +0100
 by: Peter Johnson - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:38 UTC

On 10 Jun 2021 18:18:33 GMT, Jeremy Double <jmd.nospam@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Seeing the thread about the Indiana Jones movie filming on the NYMR
>reminded me to say something about the KWVR.
>
>Filming seems currently to be in progress for the Railway Children sequel.

Therre's an article about the background to it in the KWVR magazine
that came a couple of weeks ago.