Hummingbirds never remember the words to songs.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Moonlighting

SubjectAuthor
* MoonlightingPenny
`* Re: MoonlightingNick Odell
 `* Re: MoonlightingPenny
  +* Re: MoonlightingNick Odell
  |`- Re: MoonlightingPenny
  `* Re: MoonlightingIain Archer
   +- Re: MoonlightingPenny
   `* Re: MoonlightingChris
    `- Re: MoonlightingMike McMillan

1
Moonlighting

<5b3iuh56u3lrqbj8ganah5nb52k3b5i4kb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14234&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14234

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Moonlighting
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:07:07 +0000
 by: Penny - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:07 UTC

I must say Adonis Anthony did a pretty good job of acting in yesterday's
afternoon play 'Danger 2023' - inspired by a radio play written in 1924.
He also managed to sound rather like Don Warrington, so my mental picture
of the character got very confused when I heard the cast list.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Moonlighting

<ksfiuhtda4qtfcktjlfi9b23vj376rponm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14236&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14236

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Moonlighting
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41 UTC

On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:07:07 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>I must say Adonis Anthony did a pretty good job of acting in yesterday's
>afternoon play 'Danger 2023' - inspired by a radio play written in 1924.
>He also managed to sound rather like Don Warrington, so my mental picture
>of the character got very confused when I heard the cast list.

Also listed in some places as Andonis Anthony and not to be confused
with Anthony Adonis who is somebody completely different.

Nick

Re: Moonlighting

<8o2kuh1qli37428temaa5lhva8hfenfni5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14238&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14238

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04:28 +0000
 by: Penny - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04 UTC

On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:07:07 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I must say Adonis Anthony did a pretty good job of acting in yesterday's
>>afternoon play 'Danger 2023' - inspired by a radio play written in 1924.
>>He also managed to sound rather like Don Warrington, so my mental picture
>>of the character got very confused when I heard the cast list.
>
>Also listed in some places as Andonis Anthony and not to be confused
>with Anthony Adonis who is somebody completely different.

Doh! The spelling error is all mine :(
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Moonlighting

<1cakuhlpa3ovpruuq9fm2997m865g81vem@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14239&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14239

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 12:14:13 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 12:14 UTC

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04:28 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
>gribouillé dans la poussière...
>
>>On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:07:07 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I must say Adonis Anthony did a pretty good job of acting in yesterday's
>>>afternoon play 'Danger 2023' - inspired by a radio play written in 1924.
>>>He also managed to sound rather like Don Warrington, so my mental picture
>>>of the character got very confused when I heard the cast list.
>>
>>Also listed in some places as Andonis Anthony and not to be confused
>>with Anthony Adonis who is somebody completely different.
>
>Doh! The spelling error is all mine :(

I don't think you can claim exclusivity here: I Googled for Adonis and
got simply loads of results all spelled that way - including a link
from his own agent, though I accept that might have been Google being
"helpful."

Nick

Re: Moonlighting

<1jlkuhh16pjrkmcrdgkvtqfk7p3imrhe0i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14240&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14240

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 15:35:18 +0000
 by: Penny - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 15:35 UTC

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 12:14:13 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04:28 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
>>gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>>Also listed in some places as Andonis Anthony and not to be confused
>>>with Anthony Adonis who is somebody completely different.
>>
>>Doh! The spelling error is all mine :(
>
>I don't think you can claim exclusivity here: I Googled for Adonis and
>got simply loads of results all spelled that way - including a link
>from his own agent, though I accept that might have been Google being
>"helpful."

However you spell it, it seems tautological with that surname. At least his
middle name is not Andrew.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Moonlighting

<tsp3ee$3o52c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14291&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14291

From: ian...@montaigne.me.uk (Iain Archer)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:43:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Iain Archer - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:43 UTC

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04:28 +0000, Penny wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
> gribouillé dans la poussière...
>
>>On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:07:07 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I must say Adonis Anthony did a pretty good job of acting in yesterday's
>>>afternoon play 'Danger 2023' - inspired by a radio play written in 1924.
>>>He also managed to sound rather like Don Warrington, so my mental picture
>>>of the character got very confused when I heard the cast list.
>>
>>Also listed in some places as Andonis Anthony and not to be confused
>>with Anthony Adonis who is somebody completely different.
>
> Doh! The spelling error is all mine :(

That it wasn't. He appears as Adonis Anthony on the Beeb's own page
for the play, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001j3cq. Might that have
been read aloud too?

I had no idea who you were talking about anyway. Couldn't find anything
matching in the umra weekly cast listings. It was only at IMDB that
I discovered the TA connection. And I'd half-listened to the play itself
without any recognition.

For pseudo-moonlighting on an industrial scale otoh,, there's been another
rerun on R4E this week of Edward J Mason's (1954) Red for Danger. In epi 5
yesterday, for example, we got Grace Archer, Walter Gabriel, and Jack and
Peggy Woolley all appearing (it was based in Brum), and that's without
checking the rest of the cast credits. I think I clocked Chris Gittins, but
that's about all for sure.
--
Iain

Re: Moonlighting

<qj51vhpb1j0bt17gek9lcff339jdq745sl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14294&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14294

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 09:48:56 +0000
 by: Penny - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 09:48 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:43:10 -0000 (UTC), Iain Archer
<ianews@montaigne.me.uk> a gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04:28 +0000, Penny wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
>> gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>>Also listed in some places as Andonis Anthony and not to be confused
>>>with Anthony Adonis who is somebody completely different.
>>
>> Doh! The spelling error is all mine :(
>
>That it wasn't. He appears as Adonis Anthony on the Beeb's own page
>for the play, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001j3cq. Might that have
>been read aloud too?

Not just me who can't get their head around the name then.
I just checked, and it was correctly pronounced in the end credits.

>I had no idea who you were talking about anyway. Couldn't find anything
>matching in the umra weekly cast listings. It was only at IMDB that
>I discovered the TA connection. And I'd half-listened to the play itself
>without any recognition.

I'd have named the creepy Russ, had I been able to remember the character's
name when I wrote about him.

>For pseudo-moonlighting on an industrial scale otoh,, there's been another
>rerun on R4E this week of Edward J Mason's (1954) Red for Danger. In epi 5
>yesterday, for example, we got Grace Archer, Walter Gabriel, and Jack and
>Peggy Woolley all appearing (it was based in Brum), and that's without
>checking the rest of the cast credits. I think I clocked Chris Gittins, but
>that's about all for sure.

Coo, I might give that a listen. Walter Gabriel/Chris Gittins is certainly
in the cast for that episode. I had wondered if Arnold Ridley/Doughy
Hood/Private Godfrey might be in it too, but he seems to have been busy
writing plays of his own around that time.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Moonlighting

<tsr1j4$2s6b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14295&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14295

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:23:48 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:cFYKc/tPlnMICys/oy4pzlLQfQs=
 by: Chris - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:23 UTC

Iain Archer <ianews@montaigne.me.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04:28 +0000, Penny wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
>> gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> Also listed in some places as Andonis Anthony and not to be confused
>>> with Anthony Adonis who is somebody completely different.
>>
>> Doh! The spelling error is all mine :(
>
> That it wasn't. He appears as Adonis Anthony on the Beeb's own page
> for the play, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001j3cq. Might that have
> been read aloud too?
>
> I had no idea who you were talking about anyway. Couldn't find anything
> matching in the umra weekly cast listings. It was only at IMDB that
> I discovered the TA connection. And I'd half-listened to the play itself
> without any recognition.
>
> For pseudo-moonlighting on an industrial scale otoh,, there's been another
> rerun on R4E this week of Edward J Mason's (1954) Red for Danger. In epi 5
> yesterday, for example, we got Grace Archer, Walter Gabriel, and Jack and
> Peggy Woolley all appearing (it was based in Brum), and that's without
> checking the rest of the cast credits. I think I clocked Chris Gittins, but
> that's about all for sure.

Welcome home, Iain! Where have you bern these past months. Extra choccie
rations too.

Mrs McT

Re: Moonlighting

<tsrdqc$4fdu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14298&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14298

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 20:52:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:lJPLchABt3QdOugZtUMOm4OXe5Q=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 20:52 UTC

Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Iain Archer <ianews@montaigne.me.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:04:28 +0000, Penny wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:41:32 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> a
>>> gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> Doh! The spelling error is all mine :(
>>
>> That it wasn't. He appears as Adonis Anthony on the Beeb's own page
>> for the play, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001j3cq. Might that have
>> been read aloud too?
>>
>> I had no idea who you were talking about anyway. Couldn't find anything
>> matching in the umra weekly cast listings. It was only at IMDB that
>> I discovered the TA connection. And I'd half-listened to the play itself
>> without any recognition.
>>
>> For pseudo-moonlighting on an industrial scale otoh,, there's been another
>> rerun on R4E this week of Edward J Mason's (1954) Red for Danger. In epi 5
>> yesterday, for example, we got Grace Archer, Walter Gabriel, and Jack and
>> Peggy Woolley all appearing (it was based in Brum), and that's without
>> checking the rest of the cast credits. I think I clocked Chris Gittins, but
>> that's about all for sure.
>
> Welcome home, Iain! Where have you bern these past months. Extra choccie
> rations too.
>
> Mrs McT

The Saturday drama was an updated version of ‘Gaslight’ and was proceeded
by a short programme by way of introduction in which two examples of
‘Gaslighting’ were outlined; one was Rob and Hellbent.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan