From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Surrey v Middlesex Championship match is on Sky
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 18:48:38 +0100
 by: John Hall - Sat, 15 May 2021 17:48 UTC

I was pleasantly surprised to notice in my TV guide that the Surrey v
Middlesex game that begins on Thursday is being shown on Sky. It's very
rare for them to show a Championship game except one from the final
round of matches, and I wondered if a factor was their having time to
fill owing to the postponement of the IPL. Unless the Government does a
last-minute about turn, there will even be some spectators to add
atmosphere.
--
John Hall "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always
pays off now." Anon

Re: Surrey v Middlesex Championship match is on Sky

<ha30ag95avpb68p272rm6e8nqk0t86ko8c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14262&group=uk.sport.cricket#14262

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 19:05:35 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Sat, 15 May 2021 18:05 UTC

On Sat, 15 May 2021 18:48:38 +0100, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>I was pleasantly surprised to notice in my TV guide that the Surrey v
>Middlesex game that begins on Thursday is being shown on Sky. It's very
>rare for them to show a Championship game except one from the final
>round of matches, and I wondered if a factor was their having time to
>fill owing to the postponement of the IPL. Unless the Government does a
>last-minute about turn, there will even be some spectators to add
>atmosphere.

So you haven't been watching Glam v Yorks today?

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Surrey v Middlesex Championship match is on Sky

<UYoCHxCWcBogFwoH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14263&group=uk.sport.cricket#14263

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 19:46:46 +0100
 by: John Hall - Sat, 15 May 2021 18:46 UTC

In message <ha30ag95avpb68p272rm6e8nqk0t86ko8c@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
<spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>On Sat, 15 May 2021 18:48:38 +0100, John Hall
><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I was pleasantly surprised to notice in my TV guide that the Surrey v
>>Middlesex game that begins on Thursday is being shown on Sky. It's very
>>rare for them to show a Championship game except one from the final
>>round of matches, and I wondered if a factor was their having time to
>>fill owing to the postponement of the IPL. Unless the Government does a
>>last-minute about turn, there will even be some spectators to add
>>atmosphere.
>
>So you haven't been watching Glam v Yorks today?

No. It wasn't shown in the TV guide that comes with the paper, though as
that's clearly prepared well in advance it's not always accurate. You
weren't just pulling my leg, I suppose?
--
John Hall "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always
pays off now." Anon

Re: Surrey v Middlesex Championship match is on Sky

<6a80ag91g8bl7md4cj0cpj3n1jrrvikkjk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14264&group=uk.sport.cricket#14264

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 20:31:00 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Sat, 15 May 2021 19:31 UTC

On Sat, 15 May 2021 19:46:46 +0100, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <ha30ag95avpb68p272rm6e8nqk0t86ko8c@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
><spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>>On Sat, 15 May 2021 18:48:38 +0100, John Hall
>><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>I was pleasantly surprised to notice in my TV guide that the Surrey v
>>>Middlesex game that begins on Thursday is being shown on Sky. It's very
>>>rare for them to show a Championship game except one from the final
>>>round of matches, and I wondered if a factor was their having time to
>>>fill owing to the postponement of the IPL. Unless the Government does a
>>>last-minute about turn, there will even be some spectators to add
>>>atmosphere.
>>
>>So you haven't been watching Glam v Yorks today?
>
>No. It wasn't shown in the TV guide that comes with the paper, though as
>that's clearly prepared well in advance it's not always accurate. You
>weren't just pulling my leg, I suppose?

Nope. I watched yesterday and today, though I stopped when Root was
bowled for 99.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Surrey v Middlesex Championship match is on Sky

<ksk2agtii2lcqgji6u73ptb3p7ljihjjgf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14266&group=uk.sport.cricket#14266

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 18:19:47 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Sun, 16 May 2021 17:19 UTC

On Sat, 15 May 2021 19:46:46 +0100, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>It wasn't shown in the TV guide that comes with the paper, though as
>that's clearly prepared well in advance it's not always accurate.

TV guides in the papers are just about useless for dedicated sports
channels because they're so subject to change.

Cheers,

Mike