From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: I thought umrats might enjoy this from neighbourhood watch email
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 09:34:31 +0000
 by: Vicky - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 09:34 UTC

On 26th February 2023 at 12.08 am there was a report of a theft of a
pizza from a residential dwelling in Codicote Drive, Watford.

The delivery was made and the offender came out of the address,
grabbed the pizza and run back in without paying. The offender then
jumped out of a downstairs window to the rear of the property and made
off.

Please contact the police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting
crime number 41/16397/23 if you or your neighbours

Re: I thought umrats might enjoy this from neighbourhood watch email

<ejlrvhdu4hbe5grrofda9k42jcoftoj38u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14455&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14455

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 10:29:52 +0000
 by: Penny - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 10:29 UTC

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 09:34:31 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On 26th February 2023 at 12.08 am there was a report of a theft of a
>pizza from a residential dwelling in Codicote Drive, Watford.
>

>The delivery was made and the offender came out of the address,
>grabbed the pizza and run back in without paying. The offender then
>jumped out of a downstairs window to the rear of the property and made
>off.

Crime has changed in Watford.

My father was on the magistrates bench there and would come home with tales
of Indian Restaurants serving cat and/or rat meat. We never went out for an
Indian (as we did for a Chinese) and I have always avoided anything
described only as 'meat' on a menu.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: I thought umrats might enjoy this from neighbourhood watch email

<ttopg3$39tu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14473&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14473

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 00:09:37 +0000
 by: Clive Arthur - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 00:09 UTC

On 28/02/2023 10:29, Penny wrote:

<snip>

> My father was on the magistrates bench there and would come home with tales
> of Indian Restaurants serving cat and/or rat meat.

And they only use spices to mask the smell of the rotting meat. (c) My
dad and other racists.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: I thought umrats might enjoy this from neighbourhood watch email

<ttpaui$7g5t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14474&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14474

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 05:07:30 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 05:07 UTC

On 02/03/2023 00:09, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 28/02/2023 10:29, Penny wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> My father was on the magistrates bench there and would come home with
>> tales
>> of Indian Restaurants serving cat and/or rat meat.
>
> And they only use spices to mask the smell of the rotting meat. (c) My
> dad and other racists.

Great title for a memoir.

john

Re: I thought umrats might enjoy this from neighbourhood watch email

<vg810itkpbf7adkoua9fhn27353ah5i1bp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14483&group=uk.media.radio.archers#14483

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 13:19:23 +0000
 by: Penny - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 13:19 UTC

On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 00:09:37 +0000, Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On 28/02/2023 10:29, Penny wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> My father was on the magistrates bench there and would come home with tales
>> of Indian Restaurants serving cat and/or rat meat.
>
>And they only use spices to mask the smell of the rotting meat. (c) My
>dad and other racists.

I don't think there were complaints about them not using fresh 'meat'.