From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Ramprakash and Carberry
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 13:08:40 +0100
 by: max.it - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:08 UTC

Ramprakash wants sympathy for the 'victims' of the Robinson tweets.
Carberry says Robinson shouldn't play for England again.
I think Ramprakash sort of thinks he knows what he means, but Carberry
is coming across as if he's just discovered a whole tree full of low
hanging fruit.

This entire cancel culture is wide open for exploitation and
corruption.
Paddy Jackson was aquitted in court but forced out of rugby by the
virtuous.

max.it

Re: Ramprakash and Carberry

<ab7e80c4-c39b-4190-9bfd-7173575ebde9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14567&group=uk.sport.cricket#14567

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 14:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ramprakash and Carberry
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 21:45 UTC

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 1:08:46 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> Ramprakash wants sympathy for the 'victims' of the Robinson tweets.
> Carberry says Robinson shouldn't play for England again.
> I think Ramprakash sort of thinks he knows what he means, but Carberry
> is coming across as if he's just discovered a whole tree full of low
> hanging fruit.

we are always told that the england team is a happy unit, but perhaps it
wasnt so for the non whites. whether their experience was different
to the official line, i dont know but this ongoing series of inquiries
over who said what and when must be a distraction from the main
event - to play cricket. Whatever the truth is, some players will be
wondering if they are going to be 'outed' next for their posts and
the dressing room will be an anxious place after Robinsons
expulsion.

mike

> This entire cancel culture is wide open for exploitation and
> corruption.
> Paddy Jackson was aquitted in court but forced out of rugby by the
> virtuous.
>
> max.it
>
> --

Re: Ramprakash and Carberry

<dee2cgdj9ttfkgvofts7c81ieubuf0j8i4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14568&group=uk.sport.cricket#14568

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 23:09:12 +0100
 by: max.it - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 22:09 UTC

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 14:45:39 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 1:08:46 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
>> Ramprakash wants sympathy for the 'victims' of the Robinson tweets.
>> Carberry says Robinson shouldn't play for England again.
>> I think Ramprakash sort of thinks he knows what he means, but Carberry
>> is coming across as if he's just discovered a whole tree full of low
>> hanging fruit.
>
>we are always told that the england team is a happy unit, but perhaps it
>wasnt so for the non whites. whether their experience was different
>to the official line, i dont know but this ongoing series of inquiries
>over who said what and when must be a distraction from the main
>event - to play cricket. Whatever the truth is, some players will be
>wondering if they are going to be 'outed' next for their posts and
>the dressing room will be an anxious place after Robinsons
>expulsion.
>
>mike

An atmosphere is being created, it isn't clearing the air, and it has
no chance of doing so. Mike H referred to the De mheon macánta of the
persons engaged with the 'investigations'.
I'd be more curious about the terms of reference.

max.it

>> This entire cancel culture is wide open for exploitation and
>> corruption.
>> Paddy Jackson was aquitted in court but forced out of rugby by the
>> virtuous.
>>
>> max.it
>>
>> --

Re: Ramprakash and Carberry

<6d0d82a0-7039-401e-9e67-c4434ae8b39bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14574&group=uk.sport.cricket#14574

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 01:50:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 08:50 UTC

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 11:09:18 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 14:45:39 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmik...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 1:08:46 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> >> Ramprakash wants sympathy for the 'victims' of the Robinson tweets.
> >> Carberry says Robinson shouldn't play for England again.
> >> I think Ramprakash sort of thinks he knows what he means, but Carberry
> >> is coming across as if he's just discovered a whole tree full of low
> >> hanging fruit.
> >
> >we are always told that the england team is a happy unit, but perhaps it
> >wasnt so for the non whites. whether their experience was different
> >to the official line, i dont know but this ongoing series of inquiries
> >over who said what and when must be a distraction from the main
> >event - to play cricket. Whatever the truth is, some players will be
> >wondering if they are going to be 'outed' next for their posts and
> >the dressing room will be an anxious place after Robinsons
> >expulsion.
> >
> >mike
> >>
> An atmosphere is being created, it isn't clearing the air, and it has
> no chance of doing so. Mike H referred to the De mheon macánta of the
> persons engaged with the 'investigations'.
> I'd be more curious about the terms of reference.

whatever it is i hope the ECB has a sense of proportion, becos so far its all
embarrassing but not criminal and the very fact of an ongoing investigation
by a QC is bound to be divisive and damaging to team morale. Many people
have already said that Robinson should never play for england again.

mike