I hate babies. They're so human. -- H. H. Munro

aus+uk / uk.telecom.mobile / Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

SubjectAuthor
* Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)AnthonyL
+* Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)Chris Green
|+- Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)Chris
|`- Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)Chris J Dixon
+* Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)Pamela
|`- Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)AnthonyL
`- Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)Mark

1
Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

<656de1aa.1665016437@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14570&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14570

From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 14:34:03 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 14:34 UTC

I've had both the 3-2-1 SIM (wasn't that a forever promise?) that is
now 5 to 10 times as much.

SWMBO and I also have Data Reward SIMS, 200mB free/month and if you
looked hard enough there was the original 3-2-1 underneath.

Following the recent outages, and the changes in login procedure, I've
reset the SIM in my phone (now get a signal) and re-registered. No
mention of Data Reward.

Did the Chat thing on their website with the result:

<quote> as we have upgraded with our system, we are not processing
with 200MB as it has been closed as it has been mention in the Three
website. </quote>

Didn't seem to occur to this communications organisation that they
could have sent me an SMS a few weeks ago advising that this was going
to happen.

I find it hand to have a dual sim phone with data on the second sim.
The primary sim is Giffgaff, another one that had a great PAYG deal
but not so now.

I am a light user so no-ones really bothered, but witherto now?

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

<mta14k-sfo.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14571&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14571

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:21:42 +0000
 by: Chris Green - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:21 UTC

AnthonyL <nospam@please.invalid> wrote:

> I am a light user so no-ones really bothered, but witherto now?

idmobile is what I'd recommend, especially for a light user (like me).

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

<ukl7cm$3hgjr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14573&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14573

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:56:22 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8BJEkR/4JQWpkzzKq4xNVHHngi4=
 by: Chris - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:56 UTC

Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> AnthonyL <nospam@please.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I am a light user so no-ones really bothered, but witherto now?
>>
> idmobile is what I'd recommend, especially for a light user (like me).

Even if you're not a light user, it's cheap as chips and great service
overall.

Recently upgraded my deal to 20GB per month for £7. Roaming included. Any
unused data rolls over so most months I'll have 40GB to play with. This
means I'll rarely ever use "free" wifi when I have signal.

Re: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

<f8hsmilultgedhf7nuqv0tikne07uepd5m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14574&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14574

From: chr...@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 21:34:00 +0000
 by: Chris J Dixon - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 21:34 UTC

Chris Green wrote:

>AnthonyL <nospam@please.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I am a light user so no-ones really bothered, but witherto now?
>>
>idmobile is what I'd recommend, especially for a light user (like me).

I'm with Lebara, on a deal from MSE. Have a look to see if any of
these fit your needs:

<https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/sim-only/>

They start with

"If you don't need much data and want to go with a firm with a
decent service rating, you can get this Lebara (uses Vodafone’s
network) Sim. It comes with 3GB/month of data and 300 minutes &
unlimited texts for an equivalent £2.70/month over 12 months.
It’s a one-month rolling contract, so you can cancel at any time.

Months 1-6 99p/mth Thereafter £4.40/mth"

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Re: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

<XnsB0D294D4D76385D4AM2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14583&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14583

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 14:37:50 GMT
 by: Pamela - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 14:37 UTC

On 14:34 4 Dec 2023, AnthonyL said:

> I've had both the 3-2-1 SIM (wasn't that a forever promise?) that is
> now 5 to 10 times as much.
>
> SWMBO and I also have Data Reward SIMS, 200mB free/month and if you
> looked hard enough there was the original 3-2-1 underneath.
>
> Following the recent outages, and the changes in login procedure, I've
> reset the SIM in my phone (now get a signal) and re-registered. No
> mention of Data Reward.
>
> Did the Chat thing on their website with the result:
>
> <quote> as we have upgraded with our system, we are not processing
> with 200MB as it has been closed as it has been mention in the Three
> website. </quote>
>
> Didn't seem to occur to this communications organisation that they
> could have sent me an SMS a few weeks ago advising that this was going
> to happen.
>
> I find it hand to have a dual sim phone with data on the second sim.
> The primary sim is Giffgaff, another one that had a great PAYG deal
> but not so now.
>
> I am a light user so no-ones really bothered, but witherto now?

Ken Lo's page has some helpful comments and Pete Forman has a useful
comparison chart. Both were updated earlier this year.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/best-payg-sim-for-low-usage

https://payg.pythonanywhere.com/

Re: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

<6571ad77.1913810093@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14595&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14595

From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 11:41:03 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 11:41 UTC

On Wed, 06 Dec 2023 14:37:50 GMT, Pamela
<pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 14:34 4 Dec 2023, AnthonyL said:
>
>> I've had both the 3-2-1 SIM (wasn't that a forever promise?) that is
>> now 5 to 10 times as much.
>>
>> SWMBO and I also have Data Reward SIMS, 200mB free/month and if you
>> looked hard enough there was the original 3-2-1 underneath.
>>
>> Following the recent outages, and the changes in login procedure, I've
>> reset the SIM in my phone (now get a signal) and re-registered. No
>> mention of Data Reward.
>>
>> Did the Chat thing on their website with the result:
>>
>> <quote> as we have upgraded with our system, we are not processing
>> with 200MB as it has been closed as it has been mention in the Three
>> website. </quote>
>>
>> Didn't seem to occur to this communications organisation that they
>> could have sent me an SMS a few weeks ago advising that this was going
>> to happen.
>>
>> I find it hand to have a dual sim phone with data on the second sim.
>> The primary sim is Giffgaff, another one that had a great PAYG deal
>> but not so now.
>>
>> I am a light user so no-ones really bothered, but witherto now?
>
>Ken Lo's page has some helpful comments and Pete Forman has a useful
>comparison chart. Both were updated earlier this year.
>
>https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/best-payg-sim-for-low-usage
>
>https://payg.pythonanywhere.com/

Useful.

Just having looked at all the recommendations from other folk too, and
taking my usage into consideration,

https://www.1pmobile.com/tariff-and-charges seems to suit with the
purchase of the occasional boost when needed.

When I say I'm a low user if haven't used �10 in a whole year and the
200mB free monthly data I had with my Data Reward SIM was quite
adequate for the occasional WhatsApp, check emails and a bit of
browsing. What wasn't widely know was the International Credit could
be added to that SIM which had the old 3-2-1 rates.

Mind, I could save myself a lot of hassle by just paying �6/month for
my other SIM, GiffGaff which would give me more in 1 month than I
would use in a year or three.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: Three Data Reward withdrawn (without notice)

<ul7i34$38k0e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14607&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14607

From: codvim...@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 17:49:28 +0000
 by: Mark - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 17:49 UTC

On 04/12/2023 14:34, AnthonyL wrote:
> I've had both the 3-2-1 SIM (wasn't that a forever promise?) that is
> now 5 to 10 times as much.
>
> SWMBO and I also have Data Reward SIMS, 200mB free/month and if you
> looked hard enough there was the original 3-2-1 underneath.
>
> Following the recent outages, and the changes in login procedure, I've
> reset the SIM in my phone (now get a signal) and re-registered. No
> mention of Data Reward.
>
> Did the Chat thing on their website with the result:
>
> <quote> as we have upgraded with our system, we are not processing
> with 200MB as it has been closed as it has been mention in the Three
> website. </quote>

[snip]

Thanks for the heads-up. I've just re-registered.

The Usage info in my 'new' online account is interesting:

Account Balance is unchanged from my last known value (Sep 2023)

However I used about 8MB of data over the weekend which is showing in my
new account as "Included". So not charged to my balance.

My account also shows a text sent in October but not on the date I sent
it: Status is "Included" i.e. not charged.

Absent from the account is a text I sent on another day in October.

A few phone calls to CS (444) are correctly shown too. 444 no longer
gives a live balance, which you may know.

All very strange.