From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Helmetless cycling freeloader faceplants
into road 😂
Date: 25 Sep 2022 12:07:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 12:07 UTC

<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9905013/Cyclist-crashes-road-hitching-ride-hanging-passing-car.html>

Moment a reckless cyclist crashes onto the road after hitching a ride by
hanging onto a passing car

By Bhvishya Patel For Mailonline
15:30, 18 Aug 2021 , updated 16:24, 18 Aug 2021

120 comments

Cyclist clutches onto the side of a BMW on road in Rotherham, South
Yorkshire
He loses his grip and slams into the side of the car before falling onto
the road
Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving to work when he spotted scenes unfold

A reckless cyclist diced with death when he attempted to hitch a ride on a
passing car.

Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving along a road in Kiveton Park,
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, when he captured the daredevil holding onto the
BMW in front of him.

Just seconds later, the middle-aged cyclist - who wasn't wearing a helmet -
lost his grip of the car and crashed onto the road before his bike hurtled
over him.

The cyclist appeared to be attempting a stunt known as 'skitching' which
involves holding onto a moving vehicle to gain extra momentum.

During the clip, the cyclist clings onto the side of the black BMW saloon.

He then stops pedalling and allows the vehicle to pull him along the
residential road.

But suddenly he loses control of his bike and slam into the moving BMW.

The cyclist then crashes onto the road as the vehicle drives away.

Mr Walker, from Sheffield, said the cyclist had tried to kick the car and
pull off the door mirror before clinging onto its side.

The motorist said that he and his colleague pulled over to help the cyclist
and he walked away unscathed.

Mr Walker said: 'I was driving along and I saw the old man at a mini
roundabout on his bike trying to kick the car and then pull off his door
mirror.

'Then he seemed to grab hold of the car, skitching style, and didn't let go
for about a minute.'

He continued: 'The cyclist seemed drunk, I thought 'that's karma' and funny
because he had no helmet and he was trying to damage the car.

--
Spike

Re: Helmetless cycling freeloader faceplants into road 😂

<c2b011e3-1f45-4c3e-a497-b75178f03ce8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14607&group=uk.rec.cycling#14607

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 06:48:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Helmetless_cycling_freeloader_faceplants_into_ro
ad_😂
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 13:48 UTC

On Sunday, 25 September 2022 at 13:07:17 UTC+1, Spike wrote:
> <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9905013/Cyclist-crashes-road-hitching-ride-hanging-passing-car.html>
>
> Moment a reckless cyclist crashes onto the road after hitching a ride by
> hanging onto a passing car
>
> By Bhvishya Patel For Mailonline
> 15:30, 18 Aug 2021 , updated 16:24, 18 Aug 2021
>
> 120 comments
>
> Cyclist clutches onto the side of a BMW on road in Rotherham, South
> Yorkshire
> He loses his grip and slams into the side of the car before falling onto
> the road
> Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving to work when he spotted scenes unfold
>
> A reckless cyclist diced with death when he attempted to hitch a ride on a
> passing car.
>
> Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving along a road in Kiveton Park,
> Rotherham, South Yorkshire, when he captured the daredevil holding onto the
> BMW in front of him.
>
> Just seconds later, the middle-aged cyclist - who wasn't wearing a helmet -
> lost his grip of the car and crashed onto the road before his bike hurtled
> over him.
>
> The cyclist appeared to be attempting a stunt known as 'skitching' which
> involves holding onto a moving vehicle to gain extra momentum.
>
> During the clip, the cyclist clings onto the side of the black BMW saloon.
>
> He then stops pedalling and allows the vehicle to pull him along the
> residential road.
>
> But suddenly he loses control of his bike and slam into the moving BMW.
>
> The cyclist then crashes onto the road as the vehicle drives away.
>
> Mr Walker, from Sheffield, said the cyclist had tried to kick the car and
> pull off the door mirror before clinging onto its side.
>
> The motorist said that he and his colleague pulled over to help the cyclist
> and he walked away unscathed.
>
> Mr Walker said: 'I was driving along and I saw the old man at a mini
> roundabout on his bike trying to kick the car and then pull off his door
> mirror.
>
> 'Then he seemed to grab hold of the car, skitching style, and didn't let go
> for about a minute.'
>
> He continued: 'The cyclist seemed drunk, I thought 'that's karma' and funny
> because he had no helmet and he was trying to damage the car.
>
> --
> Spike

Good job he wasn't wearing a helmet or he may have suffered a broken neck or crushed trachea.

Re: Helmetless cycling freeloader faceplants into road 😂

<jpb5d8F8m3tU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14610&group=uk.rec.cycling#14610

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Helmetless_cycling_freeloader_faceplants_into_road_
😂
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:03:20 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 14:03 UTC

On 25/09/2022 01:07 pm, Spike wrote:

> <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9905013/Cyclist-crashes-road-hitching-ride-hanging-passing-car.html>
>
> Moment a reckless cyclist crashes onto the road after hitching a ride by
> hanging onto a passing car
>
> By Bhvishya Patel For Mailonline
> 15:30, 18 Aug 2021 , updated 16:24, 18 Aug 2021
>
> 120 comments
>
> Cyclist clutches onto the side of a BMW on road in Rotherham, South
> Yorkshire
> He loses his grip and slams into the side of the car before falling onto
> the road
> Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving to work when he spotted scenes unfold
>
> A reckless cyclist diced with death when he attempted to hitch a ride on a
> passing car.
>
> Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving along a road in Kiveton Park,
> Rotherham, South Yorkshire, when he captured the daredevil holding onto the
> BMW in front of him.
>
> Just seconds later, the middle-aged cyclist - who wasn't wearing a helmet -
> lost his grip of the car and crashed onto the road before his bike hurtled
> over him.
>
> The cyclist appeared to be attempting a stunt known as 'skitching' which
> involves holding onto a moving vehicle to gain extra momentum.
>
> During the clip, the cyclist clings onto the side of the black BMW saloon.
>
> He then stops pedalling and allows the vehicle to pull him along the
> residential road.
>
> But suddenly he loses control of his bike and slam into the moving BMW.
>
> The cyclist then crashes onto the road as the vehicle drives away.
>
> Mr Walker, from Sheffield, said the cyclist had tried to kick the car and
> pull off the door mirror before clinging onto its side.
>
> The motorist said that he and his colleague pulled over to help the cyclist
> and he walked away unscathed.
>
> Mr Walker said: 'I was driving along and I saw the old man at a mini
> roundabout on his bike trying to kick the car and then pull off his door
> mirror.
>
> 'Then he seemed to grab hold of the car, skitching style, and didn't let go
> for about a minute.'
>
> He continued: 'The cyclist seemed drunk, I thought 'that's karma' and funny
> because he had no helmet and he was trying to damage the car.

Impossible. Fake news.

Ask any of the ukrc regulars.

Re: Helmetless cycling freeloader faceplants into road 😂

<tgq072$3c3i2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14626&group=uk.rec.cycling#14626

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Helmetless cycling freeloader faceplants
into road 😂
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:38:58 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Se+QXilciGTMFr99P2H6C3pfzqQ=
 by: Brian - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:38 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 25/09/2022 01:07 pm, Spike wrote:
>>
>> <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9905013/Cyclist-crashes-road-hitching-ride-hanging-passing-car.html>
>>
>> Moment a reckless cyclist crashes onto the road after hitching a ride by
>> hanging onto a passing car
>>
>> By Bhvishya Patel For Mailonline
>> 15:30, 18 Aug 2021 , updated 16:24, 18 Aug 2021
>>
>> 120 comments
>>
>> Cyclist clutches onto the side of a BMW on road in Rotherham, South
>> Yorkshire
>> He loses his grip and slams into the side of the car before falling onto
>> the road
>> Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving to work when he spotted scenes unfold
>>
>> A reckless cyclist diced with death when he attempted to hitch a ride on a
>> passing car.
>>
>> Motorist Sam Walker, 35, was driving along a road in Kiveton Park,
>> Rotherham, South Yorkshire, when he captured the daredevil holding onto the
>> BMW in front of him.
>>
>> Just seconds later, the middle-aged cyclist - who wasn't wearing a helmet -
>> lost his grip of the car and crashed onto the road before his bike hurtled
>> over him.
>>
>> The cyclist appeared to be attempting a stunt known as 'skitching' which
>> involves holding onto a moving vehicle to gain extra momentum.
>>
>> During the clip, the cyclist clings onto the side of the black BMW saloon.
>>
>> He then stops pedalling and allows the vehicle to pull him along the
>> residential road.
>>
>> But suddenly he loses control of his bike and slam into the moving BMW.
>>
>> The cyclist then crashes onto the road as the vehicle drives away.
>>
>> Mr Walker, from Sheffield, said the cyclist had tried to kick the car and
>> pull off the door mirror before clinging onto its side.
>>
>> The motorist said that he and his colleague pulled over to help the cyclist
>> and he walked away unscathed.
>>
>> Mr Walker said: 'I was driving along and I saw the old man at a mini
>> roundabout on his bike trying to kick the car and then pull off his door
>> mirror.
>>
>> 'Then he seemed to grab hold of the car, skitching style, and didn't let go
>> for about a minute.'
>>
>> He continued: 'The cyclist seemed drunk, I thought 'that's karma' and funny
>> because he had no helmet and he was trying to damage the car.
>
> Impossible. Fake news.

Which part?

I’ve seen it several times- not with a BMW or car, normally the idiots grab
onto a truck - the kind builds use wild frames etc at the back. Going up a
hill locally is a favourite spot - there is a bus lane which cyclists can
use of course - it must be a slog for cyclists.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Helmetless cycling freeloader faceplants into road 😂