This sentence no verb.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

SubjectAuthor
* The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speedswldx...@gmail.com
+- SHOCKING LEVELS OF LAW BREAKINGSpike
+* Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speedswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000Spike
+* Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speedswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a dayJNugent
+* Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speedswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000Spike
`- Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speedswldx...@gmail.com

1
The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<4e542fb4-19ae-48e8-a203-5955f60ff78dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14584&group=uk.rec.cycling#14584

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 05:40:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 12:40 UTC

SHOCKING LEVELS OF LAW BREAKING.

There is one East Yorkshire road where the 40mph speed limit is ignored by three quarters of drivers with more than 4,000 people a day driving above the limit.

Safer Roads Humber has released statistics collected by its speed cameras between 2019-2021. There are a shocking number of roads where speed limits are being often ignored and none more so than the A164 Willerby bypass.

A staggering 4,320 drivers each day fail to stick to the 40mph speed limit which represents almost half of all motorists. The average speed has been clocked at 45.6mph which is well above the limit. There have been two accidents with two casualties between 2019-2021.

Compliance is even worse on Cowick Road in Snaith with a staggering 79.3 per cent of drivers failing to adhere to the 30mph limit and 3,157 drivers speeding each day. The average speed by motorists is 40.5mph which is 10mph above the limit. Thankfully, there has only been one collision in the two-year period which resulted in two casualties.

It is a similar story further down the A1041 at Snaith Road in East Cowick with 79.2 per cent of drivers failing to stick to the speed limit with 2,814 drivers speeding daily with an average of 38.1mph.

The figures are broken down by the speed limit of the road, the number of injury collisions and casualties, the percentage of drivers speeding, the number of speed violations a day, the average speed clocked above the limit and the number of speed camera detections.

Ruth Gore, spokesperson from Safer Roads Humber, explained why some apparently wide and straight roads might be subject to certain speed limits.

She said: “Speed limits are set by the local councils who have to take into consideration a number of different things. However, the limits are set to ensure that all road users are kept safe.

“We have some very wide roads in our area, especially in urban areas, where a 30mph speed limit is the most appropriate limit. These are streets which are lined by housing, schools and parks, and are used by a wide range of road users, so in these instances where you have people walking and cycling mixing with cars, vans and buses, a lower speed limit is important to keep everyone safe.

“The recent changes to the Highway Code puts an emphasis on those who can cause the most harm (e.g. motor vehicles) having the greatest responsibility for keeping those who are at risk of harm, safe. Safer Roads Humber is there to enforce the speed limits at a range of locations which have been identified at sites of concern and urge all motorists to drive safely and appropriately within the speed limit at all times.”

A total of six roads have more than 2,000 drivers breaking the speed limit each day. The others are A614 High Street, Rawcliffe (2,588), the A1033 at Camerton (2,386), and the A1035 at Seaton (2,039).

The road with the lowest rate of compliance is the B1242 at Aldbrough where an incredible 85.6 per cent of drivers fail to stick to the 30mph speed limit with the average above at 45.7mph. In 2021 alone, there have been 253 camera detections.

Not far behind is the A614 High Street, Rawcliffe with 84.6 per cent of drivers failing to adhere to the limit with an average speed of 44,1mph. It should be noted that there have been no injury collisions on either of these roads between 2019-2021.

The road with the best compliance between 2019-2021 is Rawcliffe Road in Goole with just 12.7 per cent clocked speeding in the 30mph stretch. The average speed is 29.2mph.

The road with the highest average speed which is well above the 40mph limit is in Main Street Melbourne where the average is a worrying 57.8mph. If punished, such a speed is likely to get you a hefty fine and points.

Here are the top ten roads with the highest number of drivers failing to stick to the speed limit on an average daily basis:

A164 Willerby Bypass, Willerby – 4,320 avg speed violations per day. 48 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A1041 Cowick Road, Snaith – 3,157 avg speed violations per day. 79.3 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A1041 Snaith Road, East Cowick – 2,814 avg speed violations per day. 79.2 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A614 High Street, Rawcliffe – 2,588 avg speed violations per day. 84.6 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A1033 Camerton – 2,386 avg speed violations per day. 70 per cent per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A1035 Seaton – 2,039 avg speed violations per day. 35 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A645 Pontefract Road, Snaith – 2,010 avg speed violations per day. 59.1 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
Victoria Road, Beverley – 1,850 avg speed violations per day. 63.3 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A166 Main Street, Garton on the Wolds – 1,845 avg speed violations per day. 63.2 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.
A1035 Catwick – 1,645 avg speed violations per day. 72.7 per cent of traffic over the speed limit.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/major-east-yorkshire-road-more-7620957

SHOCKING LEVELS OF LAW BREAKING

<jpb1g0F88mdU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14590&group=uk.rec.cycling#14590

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: SHOCKING LEVELS OF LAW BREAKING
Date: 25 Sep 2022 12:56:32 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 12:56 UTC

> SHOCKING LEVELS OF LAW BREAKING.

For a moment there I thought this was going to be about cyclists jumping
red lights.

--
Spike

Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<a63f59f3-d973-4e14-8d35-940c041fdd4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14597&group=uk.rec.cycling#14597

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 06:08:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 13:08 UTC

Even though there is a 40mph speed limit on the dual carraigeway, it does not stop drivers slowing down and colliding with

the roundabout at Total Fitness, I ve seen 3 in the last 3 months, a volvo was the last one, car written off , sump ripped out , oil all over the place and all the signage and shrubbery destroyed.

If this car had not sunk into the roundabout on impact it could have been airborne and collided with oncoming traffic killing them outright.

The boy racers who used to park up at Willerby shopping park used it as a speed test, I've witnessed it many times especially on a Tuesday after 9pm.

Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<jpb42kF8livU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14605&group=uk.rec.cycling#14605

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000
drivers a day speed
Date: 25 Sep 2022 13:40:36 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 13:40 UTC

> Even though there is a 40mph speed limit on the dual carraigeway, it
> does not stop drivers slowing down and colliding with
>
> the roundabout at Total Fitness, I ve seen 3 in the last 3 months, a
> volvo was the last one, car written off , sump ripped out , oil all over
> the place and all the signage and shrubbery destroyed.
>
> If this car had not sunk into the roundabout on impact it could have been
> airborne and collided with oncoming traffic killing them outright.
>
> The boy racers who used to park up at Willerby shopping park used it as a
> speed test, I've witnessed it many times especially on a Tuesday after 9pm.

You never experienced the North Circular Road between the Ace Café and the
A4 roundabout in the early 1960s….that was a 40 limit too…

--
Spike

Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<4ee9a695-cfea-4432-88f0-1e6f8a3cd1b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14615&group=uk.rec.cycling#14615

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 08:19:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:19 UTC

Hgv drivers are terrible for speeding, I drive for a living and must stick to what the vehicle I drive is permitted to do and they all do 60mph on country roads (where possible). ANIMALS the lot of them

Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<jpbdq1Fa4v7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14624&group=uk.rec.cycling#14624

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day
speed
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 17:26:41 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:26 UTC

> Hgv drivers are terrible for speeding, I drive for a living and must stick to what the vehicle I drive is permitted to do and they all do 60mph on country roads (where possible). ANIMALS the lot of them

You drive for a living?

We all thought you were retired from your janitorial position at BP and
were living on the proceeds of your giant-sized pension pot, Your Royal
Highness?

What went wrong?

Did BP discipline you for posting to usenet whilst on (night) duty and
not attending to the brushing up?

Was it... shock! horror! ...anything to do with that well-remembered BP
AGM (the one that Judith and TMH did not attend)?

Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<e9c8da1f-e453-440b-96f0-7dc187ee8066n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14629&group=uk.rec.cycling#14629

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 10:23:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 17:23 UTC

They should station themselves down James Reckitt Avenue (Malet Lambert end, not Garden Village)
Way too many boy racers racing each other when the sun goes down, night after night.

Indeed - one idiot injured eleven people last night.

Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<jpbmikFbeumU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14633&group=uk.rec.cycling#14633

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
drivers a day speed
Date: 25 Sep 2022 18:56:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 18:56 UTC

> They should station themselves down James Reckitt Avenue (Malet Lambert
> end, not Garden Village)
> Way too many boy racers racing each other when the sun goes down, night after night.
>
> Indeed - one idiot injured eleven people last night.

You’ve already been told: move to a less pikey area.

Try Amsterdam - the cyclists there are smart enough not to injure
themselves interacting with tram lines. You never know, some of their
cleverness might rub off on you….eventually….in a thousand years or so...

--
Spike

Re: The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed

<64cfc291-11ca-47c4-a549-a8b2054188fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14635&group=uk.rec.cycling#14635

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 12:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 19:39 UTC

8 hrs ago

This is between 9-5 during the day.

The main speeders on the Willerby bypass are later at night but nothing is ever done.

I live 750 metres away from the road and can hear them all night long.

bikers and young daft lads in modified cars.

The exhaust noise would have got them nicked 30 years ago alone.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / The major East Yorkshire road where more than 4,000 drivers a day speed