Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. -- H. L. Mencken

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: driving without licence on you

SubjectAuthor
* driving without licence on youMax
+* driving without licence on youSylvia Else
|+* driving without licence on youRod Speed
||`* driving without licence on youNoddy
|| `* driving without licence on youRod Speed
||  `* driving without licence on youNoddy
||   `* driving without licence on youRod Speed
||    `* driving without licence on youNoddy
||     +* driving without licence on youXeno
||     |+* driving without licence on youlindsay
||     ||`* driving without licence on youNoddy
||     || `- driving without licence on youXeno
||     |`- driving without licence on youClocky
||     +- driving without licence on youRod Speed
||     `- driving without licence on youClocky
|`* driving without licence on youPeter Jason
| `- driving without licence on youRod Speed
+- driving without licence on youPete
+- driving without licence on youClocky
+* driving without licence on youXeno
|`* driving without licence on youRod Speed
| +* driving without licence on youXeno
| |`- driving without licence on youRod Speed
| `* driving without licence on youSylvia Else
|  `* driving without licence on youRod Speed
|   `* driving without licence on youMax
|    `- driving without licence on youRod Speed
`* driving without licence on youJohn_H
 `- driving without licence on youDaryl

Pages:12
driving without licence on you

<t5pmho$1p3m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14544&group=aus.cars#14544

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Subject: driving without licence on you
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 11:55:01 +1000
 by: Max - Sun, 15 May 2022 01:55 UTC

If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
you, or phone, or any other form of identification:

What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?

Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of ascertaining
your identity?

Re: driving without licence on you

<jeb6vhF55umU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14547&group=aus.cars#14547

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Subject: Re: driving without licence on you
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 12:31:13 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sun, 15 May 2022 02:31 UTC

On 15-May-22 11:55 am, Max wrote:
> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
> you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>
> Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of ascertaining
> your identity?

More than likely.

Sylvia.

Re: driving without licence on you

<t5povh$rqs$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14548&group=aus.cars#14548

From: pjet...@yahoo.com (Pete)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 12:36:33 +1000
 by: Pete - Sun, 15 May 2022 02:36 UTC

On 15/05/2022 11:55 am, Max wrote:
> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
> you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?

Last time it happened to me, they asked for my details and looked me up
on their in-car data terminal.

Peter

Re: driving without licence on you

<t5pq63$o40$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14549&group=aus.cars#14549

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 10:57:08 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 15 May 2022 02:57 UTC

On 15/05/2022 9:55 am, Max wrote:
> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
> you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>
> Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of ascertaining
> your identity?

I'd tell them my rego of the vehicle I'm in, the rego of my other
vehicle, drivers license number and my full name and address and phone
number and any other number they think they need me to recall, they'll
check on their database and will see that all the details correspond :-)

About the only numbers I can't give them are the winning lotto
numbers... but I doubt they will need to take me back to the cop shop
to ascertain my identity :-)

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l6zv7subyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14554&group=aus.cars#14554

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 14:25:09 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 04:25 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Max wrote

>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence
>> with you, or phone, or any other form of identification:

>> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?

>> Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of
>> ascertaining your identity?

> More than likely.

Bullshit. They just check the details you
provide using the system in their car.

Just like they do if you have your licence with you.

They don't even take you to the cop shop if you have
been driving unlicensed, they just tell you that you
have to get someone else to drive and send you a
fine in the mail.

Re: driving without licence on you

<jebe5qF6d21U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14558&group=aus.cars#14558

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 14:34:01 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 May 2022 04:34 UTC

On 15/5/2022 11:55 am, Max wrote:
> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
> you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>
> Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of ascertaining
> your identity?

They will likely take you back to the station and lock you up.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l60g3f6byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14560&group=aus.cars#14560

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 14:37:41 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 04:37 UTC

Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote
> Max wrote

>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence
>> with you, or phone, or any other form of identification:

>> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?

>> Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of
>> ascertaining your identity?

> They will likely take you back to the station and lock you up.

BULLSHIT.

They don't even do that if you aren't licensed to drive.

They only do that if you have arrest warrant outstanding.

Re: driving without licence on you

<t5q1q5$ulp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14561&group=aus.cars#14561

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:07:15 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:07 UTC

On 15/05/2022 2:25 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>> Max wrote
>
>>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence
>>> with you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
>>>  What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>
>>>  Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of
>>> ascertaining your identity?
>
>> More than likely.
>
> Bullshit. They just check the details you
> provide using the system in their car.

Bullshit. What happens depends entirely on what part of the country
you're in, and the attitude of the cop who pulls you over.

In Victoria for example, it is a requirement to carry a valid licence at
any time that you're behind the wheel, and failing to produce said
licence to any cop on request can see you cop a $159 fine. You could
*also* be told to produce your licence at the nearest police station
within 7 days, but either way whatever happens is at the discretion of
the cop that deals with you.

> Just like they do if you have your licence with you.
>
> They don't even take you to the cop shop if you have
> been driving unlicensed, they just tell you that you
> have to get someone else to drive and send you a
> fine in the mail.

More bullshit. The penalties for driving unlicenced depend on the
circumstances involved and your priors.

If you're driving unlicenced in an emergency situation such as to get
yourself or someone else to hospital, or if you're fleeing some
situation where you're in danger of life threatening harm then your
chances of being penalised for doing so are virtually nil.

However, if you're driving unlicenced for no valid reason and you're on
a cancelled or suspended licence, or you have priors for unlicenced
driving then you *will* be arrested on the spot and taken to a police
station where you will be charged on summons and have your penalty
determined by the court.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: driving without licence on you

<jebgojF6ru2U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14563&group=aus.cars#14563

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:18:11 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:18 UTC

On 15/5/2022 2:37 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote
>> Max wrote
>
>>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence
>>> with you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
>>>  What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>
>>>  Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of
>>> ascertaining your identity?
>
>> They will likely take you back to the station and lock you up.
>
> BULLSHIT.
>
> They don't even do that if  you aren't licensed to drive.
>
> They only do that if you have arrest warrant outstanding.

I was referring to Max specifically. Did you really need the smilie?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: driving without licence on you

<jebgorF6ru4U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14564&group=aus.cars#14564

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:18:19 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:18 UTC

On 15-May-22 2:37 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote
>> Max wrote
>
>>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence
>>> with you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
>>>  What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>
>>>  Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of
>>> ascertaining your identity?
>
>> They will likely take you back to the station and lock you up.
>
> BULLSHIT.
>
> They don't even do that if  you aren't licensed to drive.
>
> They only do that if you have arrest warrant outstanding.

If driving without any form of identification was a get-out-of-gaol free
card for driving offences, then lots of people would be doing it.

Sylvia.

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l63ojtzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14565&group=aus.cars#14565

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:46:57 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:46 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>> More than likely.

>> Bullshit. They just check the details you
>> provide using the system in their car.

> Bullshit. What happens depends entirelyon what part of the country
> you're in,

They are both in NSW, fuckwit.

> and the attitude of the cop who pulls you over.

No cops in NSW are actually stupid enough
to frog march you off to the cop shop when
they can check if you are licensed in their car.

> In Victoria for example, it is a requirement to carry a valid licenceat
> any time that you're behind the wheel, and failing to producesaid
> licence to any cop on request can see you cop a $159 fine.

Same with NSW although the fine differs and isn't often
applied unless you play silly buggers with the cop.

> You could *also* be told to produce your licence at the nearest police
> station within 7 days, but either way whatever happens is at the
> discretion of the cop that deals with you.

But they aren't stupid enough to frog march you
off to the cop shop as Else stupidly claimed.

>> Just like they do if you have your licence with you.

>> They don't even take you to the cop shop if you have
>> been driving unlicensed, they just tell you that you
>> have to get someone else to drive and send you a
>> fine in the mail.

> More bullshit.

Fact actually.

> The penalties for driving unlicenceddepend on the circumstances
> involved

Bullshit.

> and your priors.

More bullshit.

> If you're driving unlicenced in an emergency situation such as toget
> yourself or someone else to hospital, or if you're fleeing some
> situation where you're in danger of life threatening harm then your
> chances of being penalised for doing so are virtually nil.

Bullshit.

> However, if you're driving unlicenced for no valid reason and you're on
> a cancelled or suspended licence, or you have priors for unlicenced
> driving then you *will* be arrested on the spot and taken to a police
> station where you will be charged on summons and have your penalty
> determined by the court.

Wrong with the first one, particularly if you just failed to renew it.

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l63qhqgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14566&group=aus.cars#14566

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:48:07 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:48 UTC

On Sun, 15 May 2022 15:18:11 +1000, Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> On 15/5/2022 2:37 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>> They will likely take you back to the station and lock you up.
>> BULLSHIT.
>> They don't even do that if you aren't licensed to drive.
>> They only do that if you have arrest warrant outstanding.
>
> I was referring to Max specifically. Did you really need the smilie?

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l63t0mmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14567&group=aus.cars#14567

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:50:14 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:50 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>> They will likely take you back to the station and lock you up.

>> BULLSHIT.

>> They don't even do that if you aren't licensed to drive.
>> They only do that if you have arrest warrant outstanding.

> If driving without any form of identification wasa get-out-of-gaol free
> card for driving offences,

No one said anything about a get out of jail free card.

> then lots of people would be doing it.

Plenty do it anyway and some have never had a license.

Re: driving without licence on you

<92718htmmruv4cvque12f8vdvke74asvcm@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14571&group=aus.cars#14571

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 16:27:20 +1000
 by: John_H - Sun, 15 May 2022 06:27 UTC

Max wrote:

>If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
>you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>
>What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?

Probably depends on where you are and your licence category. I always
carry mine because I live a long way out of town but in Qld I have
48hrs to produce an open licence at a police station provided my
residential address is in Qld. SA was the same when I lived there
many moons ago.

>Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of ascertaining
>your identity?

Only if they found your stash or suspect you of criminal activity!
They'll also check your vehicle rego nowadays which might need to be
in your own name lest they think you've pinched it.

--
John H

Re: driving without licence on you

<jebmghF7tdoU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14572&group=aus.cars#14572

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 16:56:14 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sun, 15 May 2022 06:56 UTC

On 15/5/2022 4:27 pm, John_H wrote:
> Max wrote:
>>
>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
>> you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>>
>> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>
> Probably depends on where you are and your licence category. I always
> carry mine because I live a long way out of town but in Qld I have
> 48hrs to produce an open licence at a police station provided my
> residential address is in Qld. SA was the same when I lived there
> many moons ago.

That's the way it used to be in Vic, maybe still is but they do have
computers in cop cars now so the procedure may have changed.
Never found out because I always carry my license and the last time I
was pulled over by the cops was so long ago I can't remember exactly
when, must have been at least 20yrs ago.

--
Daryl

Re: driving without licence on you

<t5qfp7$og7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14578&group=aus.cars#14578

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:05:41 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 May 2022 09:05 UTC

On 15/05/2022 3:46 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote

>>>  Bullshit. They just check the details you
>>> provide using the system in their car.
>
>> Bullshit. What happens depends entirelyon what part of the country
>> you're in,
>
> They are both in NSW, fuckwit.

No one mentioned a specific location, Dickfuckinghead.

>> and the attitude of the cop who pulls you over.
>
> No cops in NSW are actually stupid enough
> to frog march you off to the cop shop when
> they can check if you are licensed in their car.

They wouldn't do it down here either, and I never said as much. If you
have a point here, it's not clear how you came to it.

>> In Victoria for example, it is a requirement to carry a valid
>> licenceat  any time that you're behind the wheel, and failing to
>> producesaid  licence to any cop on request can see you cop a $159 fine.
>
> Same with NSW although the fine differs and isn't often
> applied unless you play silly buggers with the cop.

How would you know? Got any stats?

>> You could *also* be told to produce your licence at the nearest police
>> station within 7 days, but either way whatever happens is at the
>> discretion of the cop that deals with you.
>
> But they aren't stupid enough to frog march you
> off to the cop shop as Else stupidly claimed.

Who gives a toss what she claimed. She's an imbecile.

>> If you're driving unlicenced in an emergency situation such as toget
>> yourself or someone else to hospital, or if you're fleeing some
>> situation where you're in danger of life threatening harm then your
>> chances of being penalised for doing so are virtually nil.
>
> Bullshit.

What a compelling argument.

>> However, if you're driving unlicenced for no valid reason and you're
>> on a cancelled or suspended licence, or you have priors for unlicenced
>> driving then you *will* be arrested on the spot and taken to a police
>> station where you will be charged on summons and have your penalty
>> determined by the court.
>
> Wrong with the first one, particularly if you just failed to renew it.

Read what I wrote again, and pay particular attention to the part where
I said "The penalties for driving unlicenced depend on the
circumstances involved". Let it sink in for a moment, as you clearly
have no idea what you're talking about you attention whoring spastic.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l7dj2d5byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14581&group=aus.cars#14581

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:20:16 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 09:20 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote

>>> Bullshit. What happens depends entirely
>>> on what part of the country you're in,

>> They are both in NSW, fuckwit.

> No one mentioned a specific location

Didn't need to, fuckwit.

>>> and the attitude of the cop who pulls you over.

>> No cops in NSW are actually stupid enough
>> to frog march you off to the cop shop when
>> they can check if you are licensed in their car.

> They wouldn't do it down here either,

So you are mindlessly bullshitting, as always.

>>> In Victoria for example, it is a requirement to carry a valid licence
>>> at any time that you're behind the wheel, and failing to producesaid
>>> licence to any cop on request can see you cop a $159 fine.

>> Same with NSW although the fine differs and isn't often
>> applied unless you play silly buggers with the cop.

> How would you know?

I get real radical and what that reality TV series, fuckwit.

>>> You could *also* be told to produce your licence at the nearest police
>>> station within 7 days, but either way whatever happens is at the
>>> discretion of the cop that deals with you.

>> But they aren't stupid enough to frog march you
>> off to the cop shop as Else stupidly claimed.

>>> If you're driving unlicenced in an emergency situation such as toget
>>> yourself or someone else to hospital, or if you're fleeing some
>>> situation where you're in danger of life threatening harm then your
>>> chances of being penalised for doing so are virtually nil.

>> Bullshit.

> What a compelling argument.

Corse you never ever try that line, eh ?

>>> However, if you're driving unlicenced for no valid reason and you're
>>> on a cancelled or suspended licence, or you have priors for unlicenced
>>> driving then you *will* be arrested on the spot and taken to a police
>>> station where you will be charged on summons and have your penalty
>>> determined by the court.

>> Wrong with the first one, particularly if you just failed to renew it.

> Read what I wrote again,

No point, you mindless pig ignorant shit stays mindless
pig ignorant shit no matter how often its read.

Re: driving without licence on you

<t5qkjd$mfp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14582&group=aus.cars#14582

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:27:56 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 May 2022 10:27 UTC

On 15/05/2022 7:20 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote

>>>  They are both in NSW, fuckwit.
>
>> No one mentioned a specific location
>
> Didn't need to, fuckwit.

Then why the fuck did you?

Jesus you're a flog.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: driving without licence on you

<jec348Fa7smU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14583&group=aus.cars#14583

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:31:35 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 May 2022 10:31 UTC

On 15/5/2022 8:27 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/05/2022 7:20 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote

>>> No one mentioned a specific location
>>
>> Didn't need to, fuckwit.
>
> Then why the fuck did you?
>
> Jesus you're a flog.

Flog he may be, liar you are!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: driving without licence on you

<UG4gK.5624$cQO2.4335@fx47.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14584&group=aus.cars#14584

Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:34:28 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sun, 15 May 2022 10:34 UTC

On 15/05/2022 8:31 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 15/5/2022 8:27 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 15/05/2022 7:20 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote

>>> Didn't need to, fuckwit.
>>
>> Then why the fuck did you?
>>
>> Jesus you're a flog.
>>
> Flog he may be, liar you are!

And you're a lying flog.

Re: driving without licence on you

<t5qmqi$6rk$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14585&group=aus.cars#14585

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 21:05:54 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 May 2022 11:05 UTC

On 15/05/2022 8:34 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 15/05/2022 8:31 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> Then why the fuck did you?
>>>
>>> Jesus you're a flog.
>>>
>> Flog he may be, liar you are!
>
> And you're a lying flog.

Lol :)

He just *can't* go a single day without talking about me. Even when he's
away from here entertaining "friends" at home :)

Poor sad cunt of a thing it is. It must really *kill* him that I don't
love him :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: driving without licence on you

<jecaamFbi96U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14588&group=aus.cars#14588

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 22:34:28 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 May 2022 12:34 UTC

On 15/5/2022 9:05 pm, Noddy wrote:

> Lol :)
>
> He just *can't* go a single day without talking about me. Even when he's
> away from here entertaining "friends" at home :)
>
> Poor sad cunt of a thing it is. It must really *kill* him that I don't
> love him :)

Ah Darren, I don't come here to be *loved*. You, on the other hand, do
and that's why you had to create a complete bullshit career in
automotive. You crave the respect of your betters so you lie and lie and
lie in order to gain their respect. Darren, that's not how you do it. To
gain respect you have to *earn it*. You say you only post here. That is
very understandable, you'd be found out and *laughed out* of any forum
where automotive tradespeople hang out.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l73xar0byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14591&group=aus.cars#14591

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 04:49:48 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 18:49 UTC

Some donkey claiming to be
Noddy <me@home.com> spewed the
donkey shit that's all it can ever manage.

Re: driving without licence on you

<s8r28h5b6mqrc49aghsom7roo994voh4mo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14595&group=aus.cars#14595

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 07:14:49 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 15 May 2022 21:14 UTC

On Sun, 15 May 2022 12:31:13 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>On 15-May-22 11:55 am, Max wrote:
>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence with
>> you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>>
>> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>>
>> Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of ascertaining
>> your identity?
>
>More than likely.
>
>Sylvia.

Would a photocopy of the licence do?

We're always advised to do this with a passport.

Re: driving without licence on you

<op.1l8arxyubyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14596&group=aus.cars#14596

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 07:17:47 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 15 May 2022 21:17 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 07:14:49 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 May 2022 12:31:13 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 15-May-22 11:55 am, Max wrote:
>>> If you are driving in a car and you don't have your drivers licence
>>> with
>>> you, or phone, or any other form of identification:
>>>
>>> What is likely to happen if you get pulled over by the police?
>>>
>>> Will they take you back to the station for the purposes of ascertaining
>>> your identity?
>>
>> More than likely.

> Would a photocopy of the licence do?

Dunno, never tried that.

> We're always advised to do this with a passport.

That won't work at airports.