From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Subject: Elizabeth Line Bond Street pics
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:12:48 +0100
 by: Recliner - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 15:12 UTC

I went along to see the new Elizabeth Line station at Bond Street, which finally opened this morning (no, I didn't go on
the first trains through it!).

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720303138269>

To answer a couple of obvious questions:

Yes, the EL has separate new entrances at both Davies Street and Hanover Square. Each has a new office block above. This
is similar to, say, Farringdon.

The Davies St entrance is close to, but not directly adjacent, to the LU Bond Street station entrances.

Yes, there is an underground LU-EL connection. It's at mezzanine level, between the escalator flights, and involves a
walk along a curvy corridor. It's comparable to the equivalent Bakerloo connection at Paddington, and shorter than the
Northern Line connection at Moorgate. So you can change between both the LU lines and the EL without going to the
surface or passing through a gate line.

There are departure boards outside the gate lines at both entrances. I don't recall seeing these at the other stations.

One thing I noticed is that the EL station name external signs again don't say 'Station'. So they just say 'Bond
Street', whereas the LU station entrances say 'Bond Street Station'. This can be slightly confusing when the station
entrance is some distance away from the named location (eg, Hanover Square isn't anywhere near Bond Street).

Re: Elizabeth Line Bond Street pics

<fqjdlh1fb7hq1vbtmc9s53tspd3v8566lr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14639&group=uk.transport.london#14639

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Line Bond Street pics
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 18:50:57 +0100
 by: Charles Ellson - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 17:50 UTC

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:12:48 +0100, Recliner
<recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:

>I went along to see the new Elizabeth Line station at Bond Street, which finally opened this morning (no, I didn't go on
>the first trains through it!).
>
><https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720303138269>
>
>To answer a couple of obvious questions:
>
>Yes, the EL has separate new entrances at both Davies Street and Hanover Square. Each has a new office block above. This
>is similar to, say, Farringdon.
>
>The Davies St entrance is close to, but not directly adjacent, to the LU Bond Street station entrances.
>
>Yes, there is an underground LU-EL connection. It's at mezzanine level, between the escalator flights, and involves a
>walk along a curvy corridor. It's comparable to the equivalent Bakerloo connection at Paddington, and shorter than the
>Northern Line connection at Moorgate. So you can change between both the LU lines and the EL without going to the
>surface or passing through a gate line.
>
>There are departure boards outside the gate lines at both entrances. I don't recall seeing these at the other stations.

There are a lot of stations with the indicators either outwith the
gateline or clearly visible without having to pass the gateline. The
positioning can be variable because of the different station layouts
so it isn't impossible to miss some of them especially if you aren't
looking for them.

>One thing I noticed is that the EL station name external signs again don't say 'Station'. So they just say 'Bond
>Street', whereas the LU station entrances say 'Bond Street Station'. This can be slightly confusing when the station
>entrance is some distance away from the named location (eg, Hanover Square isn't anywhere near Bond Street).

Re: Elizabeth Line Bond Street pics

<tj6mtl$1oc57$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14640&group=uk.transport.london#14640

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 18:52:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hT24VrWX6Be2HCCrXf5imRpdjJo=
 by: Recliner - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 18:52 UTC

Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:12:48 +0100, Recliner
> <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I went along to see the new Elizabeth Line station at Bond Street, which
>> finally opened this morning (no, I didn't go on
>> the first trains through it!).
>>
>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720303138269>
>>
>> To answer a couple of obvious questions:
>>
>> Yes, the EL has separate new entrances at both Davies Street and Hanover
>> Square. Each has a new office block above. This
>> is similar to, say, Farringdon.
>>
>> The Davies St entrance is close to, but not directly adjacent, to the LU
>> Bond Street station entrances.
>>
>> Yes, there is an underground LU-EL connection. It's at mezzanine level,
>> between the escalator flights, and involves a
>> walk along a curvy corridor. It's comparable to the equivalent Bakerloo
>> connection at Paddington, and shorter than the
>> Northern Line connection at Moorgate. So you can change between both
>> the LU lines and the EL without going to the
>> surface or passing through a gate line.
>>
>> There are departure boards outside the gate lines at both entrances. I
>> don't recall seeing these at the other stations.
>>
> There are a lot of stations with the indicators either outwith the
> gateline or clearly visible without having to pass the gateline. The
> positioning can be variable because of the different station layouts
> so it isn't impossible to miss some of them especially if you aren't
> looking for them.

On the EL?

Re: Elizabeth Line Bond Street pics

<ts8elhpvcaaumjes38j9cvtq2mj6bvucsg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14641&group=uk.transport.london#14641

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 00:54:21 +0100
 by: Charles Ellson - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 23:54 UTC

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 18:52:37 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
<recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:

>Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:12:48 +0100, Recliner
>> <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I went along to see the new Elizabeth Line station at Bond Street, which
>>> finally opened this morning (no, I didn't go on
>>> the first trains through it!).
>>>
>>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720303138269>
>>>
>>> To answer a couple of obvious questions:
>>>
>>> Yes, the EL has separate new entrances at both Davies Street and Hanover
>>> Square. Each has a new office block above. This
>>> is similar to, say, Farringdon.
>>>
>>> The Davies St entrance is close to, but not directly adjacent, to the LU
>>> Bond Street station entrances.
>>>
>>> Yes, there is an underground LU-EL connection. It's at mezzanine level,
>>> between the escalator flights, and involves a
>>> walk along a curvy corridor. It's comparable to the equivalent Bakerloo
>>> connection at Paddington, and shorter than the
>>> Northern Line connection at Moorgate. So you can change between both
>>> the LU lines and the EL without going to the
>>> surface or passing through a gate line.
>>>
>>> There are departure boards outside the gate lines at both entrances. I
>>> don't recall seeing these at the other stations.
>>>
>> There are a lot of stations with the indicators either outwith the
>> gateline or clearly visible without having to pass the gateline. The
>> positioning can be variable because of the different station layouts
>> so it isn't impossible to miss some of them especially if you aren't
>> looking for them.
>
>On the EL?

I missed the "the" so I was addressing more general TfL services.
I would keep an eye out for other examples but I don't expect to be
entering any XR stations from outside rather than changing within
stations. Perhaps our scouts can post details for various stations
until we have them all surveyed?