It's not reality or how you perceive things that's important -- it's what you're taking for it...

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Arrests made after Gloucester cyclist stabbed several times

SubjectAuthor
* Arrests made after Gloucester cyclist stabbed several timesswldx...@gmail.com
+- Why was man on bicycle targeted?Spike
`- Re: Arrests made after Gloucester cyclist stabbed several timesswldx...@gmail.com

1
Arrests made after Gloucester cyclist stabbed several times

<bf7eb577-75b3-4392-88fd-a3a3a3f53252n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14653&group=uk.rec.cycling#14653

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 09:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Arrests made after Gloucester cyclist stabbed several times
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 16:06 UTC

Two men have been arrested after a cyclist involved in a collision with a car was stabbed several times.

Officers said they received calls about a crash on Shakespeare Avenue in Gloucester at about 21:30 BST on Wednesday.

The occupants of a second vehicle then stabbed the 27-year-old cyclist multiple times, police said.

Police said two men had been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.

The 27-year-old cyclist has since been discharged from hospital.

Detectives are appealing for anyone who saw a silver saloon being driven erratically in the area to come forward.

The vehicle was spotted driving from Shakespeare Avenue onto Cole Avenue at speed, and police are keen to hear from anyone who has dashcam or other footage of it.

Gloucestershire Police said they had reason to suspect it was a targeted attack and not an attack on a random stranger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-63031914

Why was man on bicycle targeted?

<jpe1s5Fml61U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14654&group=uk.rec.cycling#14654

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Why was man on bicycle targeted?
Date: 26 Sep 2022 16:21:25 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 16:21 UTC

--
Spike

Re: Arrests made after Gloucester cyclist stabbed several times

<26febf77-c3ea-4b8a-bbc5-2eeff1014336n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14658&group=uk.rec.cycling#14658

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 10:04:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 17:04 UTC

A third man has been arrested following the stabbing of a cyclist in Gloucester last week. All three men have since been released on police bail while enquiries are ongoing.

The incident happened on Shakespeare Avenue in Podsmead on September 21 at around 9.30pm. The men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm following the incident.

However police are continuing to ask members of the public to come forward with information about the silver saloon car which was seen driving erratically in the area at the time of the incident. Detectives are appealing to anyone who has information about the car or any footage which may assist their enquiries.

Initial reports to the police alerted emergency services that a cyclist had been involved in a collision with a car, and the occupants of a second nearby vehicle then attacked the cyclist with weapons.

The vehicle had been driven from Shakespeare Avenue onto Cole Avenue at speed, and police are keen to hear from anyone who has dashcam or other footage of this vehicle.

A 27-year-old male victim sustained several stab wounds and has since been discharged from hospital.

Anyone who has information about the silver saloon, or any footage which may assist, is asked to contact police by completing the following online form and quoting incident 487 of 21 September:

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Arrests made after Gloucester cyclist stabbed several times