Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 07:44:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Boycott: If our coaches cannot teach England's youngsters to bat, I will do the job e job
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:44 UTC

If our coaches cannot teach England's youngsters to bat, I will do the job
The side is littered with batsmen with poor techniques - Sibley and Burns would've been thrown out of the Yorkshire nets when I was a lad

SIR GEOFFREY BOYCOTT
14 June 2021 • 7:30am
Sir Geoffrey Boycott
England's Rory Burns, right, and Dom Sibley walk off the field at lunch during the first day of the second cricket test match between England and New Zealand
England's two openers Dominic Sibley and Rory Burns both play around their front pad - consistency is not possible with their techniques CREDIT: AP
The England & Wales Cricket Board is spending a lot of money on other elements of the game but unless the men’s national team is strong everything else around it will collapse.

The England men’s team is the flagship. If it keeps performing like this the big TV money will soon dry up and then the ECB will sit up and take notice. They might even do something about it.

Perhaps there is too much money floating around from Sky. Maybe life is too cushy for administrators and coaches.If they were all paid on results then their pay packets would be a lot lighter and they might make these batsmen play a bit better......

The quality is lacking and I blame the counties and academies for what they are teaching. Sibley and Burns would have been thrown out of the Yorkshire nets when I was a lad.

My old coach Arthur Mitchell was a grumpy old bugger of an opening batsmen. I saw people with tears in their eyes when he spoke to them. But his job was to make good, well-rounded Yorkshire cricketers. You had to have a proper technique. He was hard on you at a young age and Burns and Sibley would not have lasted five minutes with their techniques. You had to play properly.. When he gave you something to improve on, you had to go and work on it or else.

Nowadays they are not being taught the right things. That is why they average early 30s. To be a good Test player you have to be averaging in the 40s. It means England are striving for runs all the time regardless of what the bowlers do. It is pathetic. It really is.

I’m not doing any commentating now. I’m free. Maybe they should give me a job to see how they are coaching the youngsters around the counties and see if I can make some suggestions about how they could improve..
I want to see what they are teaching and how they are teaching it. I think I know what I’m talking about.

RH

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2021/06/14/coaches-cannot-teach-englands-youngsters-bat-will-do-job/

RH

Re: Boycott: If our coaches cannot teach England's youngsters to bat, I will do the job e job

<0f3926b4-fed4-45b9-9be0-6f051e01e9b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14665&group=uk.sport.cricket#14665

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:22:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Boycott: If our coaches cannot teach England's youngsters to bat,
I will do the job e job
From: anamiim...@gmail.com (Anami Imana)
 by: Anami Imana - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:22 UTC

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 8:14:12 PM UTC+5:30, RH wrote:
> If our coaches cannot teach England's youngsters to bat, I will do the job
<snip>
When it comes to coaching, Boycott is England,’s answer to Greg Chappell.

Regards
Jayen