I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch. -- Gilda Radner

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: The election...

SubjectAuthor
* OT: The election...lindsay
+* OT: The election...Noddy
|`* OT: The election...Daryl
| `- OT: The election...Noddy
+- OT: The election...Oliver Closeoff
+* OT: The election...Daryl
|`* OT: The election...Noddy
| +* OT: The election...Oliver Closeoff
| |`- OT: The election...Xeno
| +* OT: The election...alvey
| |+- OT: The election...Xeno
| |`- OT: The election...Clocky
| `* OT: The election...Daryl
|  `- OT: The election...Noddy
+* OT: The election...Clocky
|`* OT: The election...lindsay
| `- OT: The election...Clocky
+* OT: The election...John_H
|+- OT: The election...Clocky
|+* OT: The election...Daryl
||+* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||+* OT: The election...Daryl
|||+* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||`* OT: The election...John_H
||| `* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||  `* OT: The election...John_H
|||   `* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||    `* OT: The election...John_H
|||     +* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |+* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     ||+- OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||     ||`* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     || `- OT: The election...Xeno
|||     |+- OT: The election...alvey
|||     |`* OT: The election...Clocky
|||     | `* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |  `* OT: The election...Clocky
|||     |   `* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |    `* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |     +* OT: The election...Daryl
|||     |     |+- OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |     |+* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |     ||`* OT: The election...Daryl
|||     |     || `- OT: The election...Clocky
|||     |     |`- OT: The election...Clocky
|||     |     +- OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |     `* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |      +* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |      |`* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |      | `* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |      |  +* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |      |  |`* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |      |  | `* OT: The election...Xeno
|||     |      |  |  `- OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |      |  `* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |      |   `- OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |      `- OT: The election...Clocky
|||     `- OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
||+* OT: The election...Noddy
|||+* OT: The election...Daryl
|||`* OT: The election...alvey
||| `- OT: The election...Xeno
||`* OT: The election...John_H
|+- OT: The election...lindsay
|`- OT: The election...keithr0
`* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson

Pages:1234567
Re: OT: The election...

<jem62bF817rU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14731&group=aus.cars#14731

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: The election...
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:23:05 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:23 UTC

On 19/5/2022 3:17 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 2:28 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> **A vote for the COALition ensures:
>>>
>>> * That the smirking, religious fool, Scummo and his sidekick, Joyce
>>> will be returned to power. Don't forget: Joyce runs the country when
>>> Scummo is somewhere else.
>>
>> As opposed to the Albanese dimwit?
>
> **Points:
>
> * I agree that Albo was a poor choice as leader and I am profoundly
> disappointed that Labor dumped all of Shorten's excellent policies.
> * We KNOW exactly how corrupt and how dumb Scummo (I believe in
> miracles) is.
> * We don't know how badly (or goodly) Albo might perform as PM.

That's the problem, why take the risk, if he is a dim as he appears we
are even more screwed than we are now.

> * We know EXACTLY how badly and corruptly Scummo and Joyce are.
>

>>> * That zero progress on reducing CO2 emissions will occur.
>>
>> Since Australia's contribution to world emissions is a smidge over 1%
>> anything we do including if we went to zero overnight will make sfa
>> difference to the world.
>
> **You fucking moron. Stop using that pitifully idiotic bullshit claim.

Its the only measure that makes any sense.

> EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce CO2 emissions.

OK then, I have 11.2kw of solar panels, solar hot water and a new energy
efficient house, tell us again what you have done?

> Every American, Every Chinese citizen, every German and every Australian.
>
>> Not saying we shouldn't or can't do things better but it needs to be
>> put into perspective, see above.
>
> **Yes, it does. EVERYONE has to act to reduce CO2 emissions. We are
> INCREASING ours under the COALition government.

See below, you are wrong.
https://www.csiro.au/en/research/environmental-impacts/climate-change/climate-change-qa/sources-of-ghg-gases#:~:text=Australian%20emissions&text=According%20to%20the%20December%202020,contributor%20to%20Australia's%20carbon%20emissions.

>> I also think that whilst Labor will make a lot more noise about
>> reducing emissions the result won't be any different regardless of
>> which party is in Govt because in the end its the general public and
>> business who spend their own money on actually doing something and
>> they will make their decisions based on what suits them rather than
>> what any Govt wants.
>
> **And yet, the last time Labor was in power, Australia REDUCED it's CO2
> emissions by a very impressive 7%.

What does 7% of next to nothing (1% of the worlds emissions) equal?
Answer, 7% of 1% equals fuck all.
What effect on the world would there be if overnight Australia's
emissions dropped to zero?

>> An example of how Govt meddling in renewable energy failed is the Vic
>> Govt solar rebate, the very significant extra costs in administering
>> the rebate fell to the solar suppliers and the costs were passed on to
>> the customers resulting in price increases similar to the value of the
>> rebate so its better if Govts don't get involved, they just fuck it up.
>
> **I see. So you are happy with The National's insistence that the
> GOVERNMENT put taxpayer funds into coal fired power stations and that
> fucking idiot, Scummo's promise to put taxpayer funds in gas fired power
> stations?

Since Govt will not fully fund those projects in the end it will be
business who decides whether or not such projects go ahead and its their
investors who have the most say in it, its business who is shutting down
coal fired power simply because they know its a bad investment, they do
that despite what Govt wants so you can bleat all you like but the Govt
has a lot less influence on the outcome than you think.

> I suggest you look up the term: 'Stranded asset'.
>
> And, since taxpayer funds are being used, it is taxpayers that will foot
> the bill for these clowns and their idiotic ideas.
>

>>> * We will not have a Federal ICAC.
>>
>> I support an ICAC if I thought that it would be effective, if it was
>> we wouldn't have any Govt, Labor or Liberal because they are all
>> equally corrupt.
>
> **And that is what an ICAC is designed to deal with. Regardless of who
> is in power. ANYONE who dodges implementing an ICAC (like Scummo has
> done) has something to hide.
>

>>> * There will be unrestrained spending on useless car parks, sports
>>> rorts and all the other shit.
>>

>> You mean like Gillards school hall/gym projects?
>
> **You mean Rudd's? And, here's the thing: For the most part, those
> building projects were useful and they kept the economy bubbling along.
> Sports rorts and car parks were either useless or were just plain old
> pork barrelling.

Same as car parks etc, any and all can be claimed by someone to be
needed, pork barrelling is just normal politics no matter who does it,
get over it.

>> Both parties are guilty of pork barrelling, it has always been so and
>> always will be.
>
> **The COALition has elevated it to an extreme degree, but I do agree.
> Pork barrelling must end. Voting for Scummo/Joyce will mean that we will
> get more pork barrelling, not less.

LOL, only a very naive one eyed person can't see that they are all as
bad as each other in that regard.

>> None of above is relevant in my electorate since its a Labor
>> stronghold, Labor do nothing because they know the wood ducks will
>> always vote for them no matter what and the Libs do nothing because
>> they know that its a Labor area, only way to make change is for it to
>> be a marginal seat, I would say and do the same if it was a Liberal area.
>
> **Think of the big picture, not your own backyard.

That would be dumb, I only vote in my electorate, what happens elsewhere
is beyond my control.
Even if I did vote Labor or Green it wouldn't make any difference to the
overall result, as much as I hope that my vote will result in a marginal
electorate we will most likely end up with another useless Labor MP.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: The election...

<jem68tF8264U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14732&group=aus.cars#14732

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:26:35 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:26 UTC

On 19/5/2022 2:31 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 12:07 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 19/5/2022 10:23 am, John_H wrote:
>

>>> Also hope you never drew a prick on your ballot paper as one got
>>> elected last time (as I heard somewhere recently).  :)
>>>
>> I saw a sign on the hwy not far from here which says "Put the majors
>> last", not a bad idea but my electorate is a Labor stronghold so I
>> vote Liberal mostly in an attempt to weaken Labors hold on the
>> electorate and to make it more marginal.
>> At the last State election there was a significant swing away from
>> Labor here so hopefully the same thing will happen at the Federal
>> election.
>
> I hope so, as I have a lazy hundred on at 7 to 1 with Sportsbet that the
> Coalition will retain office :)

Nothing would surprise me, UAP have spent a mint on advertising and as
far as I can tell their preferences are going to the Liberals so
anything is possible.

> In all seriousness I think it will be close, but not as close as some of
> the polls seem to be tipping. I think Albanese scares people as he has
> completely failed to get his economic message across, and the idea of
> releasing your policy costings 2 days out from polling day is the kind
> of sketchy bullshit that retards like Tony Abbott tries on.
>
> He's dangerous.

I think he's too dumb to be dangerous, its the ones pulling his strings
that I worry about.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jem7vmF8brbU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14733&group=aus.cars#14733

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:55:47 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:55 UTC

On 19/05/2022 4:23 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 19/5/2022 3:17 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> As opposed to the Albanese dimwit?
>>
>> **Points:
>>
>> * I agree that Albo was a poor choice as leader and I am profoundly
>> disappointed that Labor dumped all of Shorten's excellent policies.
>> * We KNOW exactly how corrupt and how dumb Scummo (I believe in
>> miracles) is.
>> * We don't know how badly (or goodly) Albo might perform as PM.
>
> That's the problem, why take the risk, if he is a dim as he appears we
> are even more screwed than we are now.

**Scummo is the worst PM we've seen in quite some time. He can not and
should not be rewarded for lying, pork barrelling and fucking up. You
have kids. Did you reward them when they fucked up?

Of course you didn't. Don't reward Scummo now.

>> * We know EXACTLY how badly and corruptly Scummo and Joyce are.

>>> Since Australia's contribution to world emissions is a smidge over 1%
>>> anything we do including if we went to zero overnight will make sfa
>>> difference to the world.
>>
>> **You fucking moron. Stop using that pitifully idiotic bullshit claim.
>
> Its the only measure that makes any sense.
>>
>> EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce CO2 emissions.
>
> OK then, I have 11.2kw of solar panels, solar hot water and a new energy
> efficient house, tell us again what you have done?

**ALL my power is derived from renewable sources. Every single Watt.

>> Every American, Every Chinese citizen, every German and every Australian.
>>
>>> Not saying we shouldn't or can't do things better but it needs to be
>>> put into perspective, see above.
>>
>> **Yes, it does. EVERYONE has to act to reduce CO2 emissions. We are
>> INCREASING ours under the COALition government.
>
> See below, you are wrong.
> https://www.csiro.au/en/research/environmental-impacts/climate-change/climate-change-qa/sources-of-ghg-gases#:~:text=Australian%20emissions&text=According%20to%20the%20December%202020,contributor%20to%20Australia's%20carbon%20emissions.

**Flattened out, but it must be reduced.

>>> I also think that whilst Labor will make a lot more noise about
>>> reducing emissions the result won't be any different regardless of
>>> which party is in Govt because in the end its the general public and
>>> business who spend their own money on actually doing something and
>>> they will make their decisions based on what suits them rather than
>>> what any Govt wants.
>>
>> **And yet, the last time Labor was in power, Australia REDUCED it's
>> CO2 emissions by a very impressive 7%.
>
> What does 7% of next to nothing (1% of the worlds emissions) equal?

**Irrelevant. If every nation adopted the same tactics, then total world
emissions would have been cut by a similar amount.

> Answer, 7% of 1% equals fuck all.

**And yet, 7% of 100% is quite a bit.

> What effect on the world would there be if overnight Australia's
> emissions dropped to zero?

**And once more: EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce
CO2 emissions.

>>> An example of how Govt meddling in renewable energy failed is the Vic
>>> Govt solar rebate, the very significant extra costs in administering
>>> the rebate fell to the solar suppliers and the costs were passed on
>>> to the customers resulting in price increases similar to the value of
>>> the rebate so its better if Govts don't get involved, they just fuck
>>> it up.
>>
>> **I see. So you are happy with The National's insistence that the
>> GOVERNMENT put taxpayer funds into coal fired power stations and that
>> fucking idiot, Scummo's promise to put taxpayer funds in gas fired
>> power stations?
>
> Since Govt will not fully fund those projects

**Bullshit. They have already stated that they are prepared to fund them
fully with YOUR money.

Stranded assets anyone?

in the end it will be
> business who decides whether or not such projects go ahead and its their
> investors who have the most say in it, its business who is shutting down
> coal fired power simply because they know its a bad investment,

**Exactly and the government wants to build coal fired generators and
gas fired generators, precisely because business wants nothing to do
with something that is bad business. Your wonderful Scummo wants to
throw YOUR money at stranded assets. He is a fucking idiot.

they do
> that despite what Govt wants so you can bleat all you like but the Govt
> has a lot less influence on the outcome than you think.

**And, once more: The government has indicated that they will build
them, if business won't.

>> I suggest you look up the term: 'Stranded asset'.
>>
>> And, since taxpayer funds are being used, it is taxpayers that will
>> foot the bill for these clowns and their idiotic ideas.

>>> I support an ICAC if I thought that it would be effective, if it was
>>> we wouldn't have any Govt, Labor or Liberal because they are all
>>> equally corrupt.
>>
>> **And that is what an ICAC is designed to deal with. Regardless of who
>> is in power. ANYONE who dodges implementing an ICAC (like Scummo has
>> done) has something to hide.

>>> You mean like Gillards school hall/gym projects?
>>
>> **You mean Rudd's? And, here's the thing: For the most part, those
>> building projects were useful and they kept the economy bubbling
>> along. Sports rorts and car parks were either useless or were just
>> plain old pork barrelling.
>
> Same as car parks etc, any and all can be claimed by someone to be
> needed, pork barrelling is just normal politics no matter who does it,
> get over it.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: The election...

<fa58zqb3lnlw$.tvvor4m2k54j$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14734&group=aus.cars#14734

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:57:15 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:57 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 14:31:08 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> I hope so, as I have a lazy hundred on at 7 to 1 with Sportsbet that the
> Coalition will retain office :)

Well that's bullshit.

1. Fraudster is too tight to be a punter.
2. Fraudster is an habitual liar.
3. Sportsbet currently have the Tories @ $2.65.

alvey

Re: OT: The election...

<anhu7fl3m468$.1q7uzw7vdxp3f.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14735&group=aus.cars#14735

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 17:02:41 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:02 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 16:26:35 +1000, Daryl wrote:

snip pabulum

> I think he's too dumb to be dangerous, its the ones pulling his strings
> that I worry about.

Jaysus! Deryl calling someone "dumb"! Next thing Fraudster will be calling
someone a lying, hypocritical coward.

alvey

Re: OT: The election...

<1j1zxxsphkoai.vbydd0tuqkt5.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14736&group=aus.cars#14736

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 17:16:12 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:16 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 16:23:05 +1000, Daryl wrote:

Deryl puts forward a compelling case. For the abolition of universal
suffrage that is.

"Yes, the bloke that's lived next door for 10 years is a wife-beater. But
he's never done me wrong and if I dobbed him in then I'd only get someone
just as bad".

alvey

Re: OT: The election...

<t64t72$lp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14738&group=aus.cars#14738

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 17:56:16 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:56 UTC

On 19/05/2022 4:20 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 4:07 pm, Noddy wrote:

>  And please, while you're on the
>> subject of "pitifully idiotic bullshit", don't start with the "per
>> capita" nonsense.
>
> **Per capita is the only measure that matters.

Per capita is completely nonsensical. The *only* figure that makes any
difference to the planet is the global total.

>> Hey Trev, when are you going to stop with the rhetoric and start
>> leading by example?
>
> **I already do.

Do you? How?

>  You know, sell your fossil fuel burning cars and buy an EV?
>
> **As soon as we get a government that makes buying EVs attractive. The
> COALition has no interest.

Oh. So "doing your bit" is only okay if it's financially attractive to
you. Is that how it works?

>> Bulldoze your old horribly inefficient house and build a new supper
>> efficient one?

> **How is my house inefficient? Be precise in your response.

If memory serves, and I'm happy to stand corrected, you live in a house
that's quite old. 1960's vintage or possibly older. Compared to a modern
house it would be extremely inefficient, even if you'd gone to some
trouble to counter that.

> FWIW: I have the most efficient inverter air cons available. They are used around 10
> days per year. I have no other heating or cooling. My next door
> neighbour has a modern, efficient home and they've used their air con
> every day for the past couple of months.

Which says nothing about the differences about the homes, and everything
about the personal preferences.

>  cut down the sun blocking trees around your place and
>> install a big solar array with a battery back up?
>
> **ALL my electricity is obtained from renewable sources.

So what? If you had a decent solar system you'd make more available for
others to use.

I've got some, based just on what you've said here :)

>> Other than talk about it of course :)
>
> **Like I said: You have no idea.

Okay. So, just for shits and giggles value, what's the "attractiveness"
thresh hold that needs to be met before you'd consider dumping your
fossil fuel burning cars and moving to an electric one, and given your
highly pro-active stance on climate change which is something you've
been passionate about for many years, do you see it as selfish that you
put your own financial interests *ahead* of action you clearly consider
to be for the greater good of all mankind?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: The election...

<t64tce$lp$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14739&group=aus.cars#14739

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 17:59:11 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:59 UTC

On 19/05/2022 4:55 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Scummo is the worst PM we've seen in quite some time.

Only if you don't count this utter fuckwit :)

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApCwoj35d3M

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: The election...

<t64tgi$lp$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14740&group=aus.cars#14740

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 18:01:23 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 19 May 2022 08:01 UTC

On 19/05/2022 4:26 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 19/5/2022 2:31 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> In all seriousness I think it will be close, but not as close as some
>> of the polls seem to be tipping. I think Albanese scares people as he
>> has completely failed to get his economic message across, and the idea
>> of releasing your policy costings 2 days out from polling day is the
>> kind of sketchy bullshit that retards like Tony Abbott tries on.
>>
>> He's dangerous.
>>

> I think he's too dumb to be dangerous, its the ones pulling his strings
> that I worry about.

He's very left, which is what I was referring to about being
"Dangerous". We simply can't afford him and his socialist ideals.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: The election...

<z7ywu8ce8z3z$.13day3yz4rfxe.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14741&group=aus.cars#14741

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 18:22:35 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 19 May 2022 08:22 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 17:56:16 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 19/05/2022 4:20 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 19/05/2022 4:07 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>  And please, while you're on the
>>> subject of "pitifully idiotic bullshit", don't start with the "per
>>> capita" nonsense.
>>
>> **Per capita is the only measure that matters.
>
> Per capita is completely nonsensical. The *only* figure that makes any
> difference to the planet is the global total.

In exactly the same way that the unadjusted ticket prices of cars is the
only way to compare their real cost across the decades....
snip rubbish

>> **How is my house inefficient? Be precise in your response.
>
> If memory serves, and I'm happy to stand corrected, you live in a house
> that's quite old. 1960's vintage or possibly older. Compared to a modern
> house it would be extremely inefficient, even if you'd gone to some
> trouble to counter that.

lol! An instant classic.
Tell that to anyone who has lived in Qld for more than 20 minutes and
they'll immediately call for the men with the big net. The things they
build up here as 'houses' now would *literally* be uninhabitable without
a/c.

Enough! snip unread

alvey

Re: OT: The election...

<1tnhK.34944$6dof.26182@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14742&group=aus.cars#14742

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 18:45:47 +1000
 by: lindsay - Thu, 19 May 2022 08:45 UTC

On 19/05/2022 8:10 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 18/05/2022 5:56 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting old... most shit on media that i observe, (television,
>> radio) doesnt really faze me.... But when you're force fed political
>> *SHIT*, that we have to pay for, I draw the line.
>>
>> In the last 10 mins, I've heard "there's a hole in your budget...)
>

> The "budget emergency" and "debt and deficit" bullshit a few years ago
> was endless. Intolerable especially since it was a blatant lie.
> The "budget emergency" is now several times worse and completely blown out
> by their Lieberal party's own measure.
>
> It's a case of pick your poison

Yep. As i've said in here before, Voting in Australia is like looking a
a freshly laid dog turd on the nature strip, and trying to decide which
end to pick it up from, without gloves.

And the day preferential voting is given the arse will be a great day.....

And I'm also wondering *if* labour win, who will be PM this time next
year? Albo? Wong? Marles? Pliebeseck? They may bring back Kevvie again!
Lots to choose from this time round.....!!

> but that happy clapping used car
> salesman needs to go IMO.

Lower the lot into a decent tree shredder, and put it on utube.

Re: OT: The election...

<GLnhK.24227$j0D5.14828@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14745&group=aus.cars#14745

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:05:40 +1000
 by: lindsay - Thu, 19 May 2022 09:05 UTC

On 19/05/2022 10:23 am, John_H wrote:
> lindsay wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting old... most shit on media that i observe, (television,
>> radio) doesnt really faze me.... But when you're force fed political
>> *SHIT*, that we have to pay for, I draw the line.
>>
>> In the last 10 mins, I've heard "there's a hole in your budget...) 4
>> times on prime time tv, , I heard it 4 times in 30 mins on TTFM this
>> morning before I punched the clock radio in the face and swapped to
>> digital.... I believe they actually changed it to a more modern track
>> today, but I havent heard it...thankfully.
>>
>> I'm nearly happy, I voted early, so I dont have to stand around in a 45
>> minute queue with all the dirty fucks without a mask... I could lie, and
>> say I dont care who wins... I do.. but find the cunt who came up with
>> "theres a hole in your budget", and "put him in the curry" ffs.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q
>>
>> put 'em *ALL* in the curry....
>
> Hope you didn't put a major party at 1 which gets them $3 or so for
> your vote (in spite of what others may say it's the taxpayer who pays
> for their shit).
>
> Also hope you never drew a prick on your ballot paper as one got
> elected last time (as I heard somewhere recently). :)

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Elections in this household...> no-one tells anyone else how to vote,
Saturday nite we will watch Don's Party on Netflix, (Jeanie Drysdale?
ohhh err...) and Sunday morning I pray to hear the result: a "hung
parliment' . I'd pay to see 'em all swinging in the breeze. At least let
me pay for the rope!!!

Re: OT: The election...

<jemg2fF9s28U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14746&group=aus.cars#14746

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:13:46 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 19 May 2022 09:13 UTC

On 19/5/2022 4:07 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 3:17 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 19/05/2022 2:28 pm, Daryl wrote:
>

>>> Since Australia's contribution to world emissions is a smidge over 1%
>>> anything we do including if we went to zero overnight will make sfa
>>> difference to the world.
>>
>> **You fucking moron. Stop using that pitifully idiotic bullshit claim.
>
> What's idiotic about it? Australia's contribution to the planet's
> problems in infinitesimally small. And please, while you're on the
> subject of "pitifully idiotic bullshit", don't start with the "per
> capita" nonsense.

Because you don't understand the concept. It's that concrete thinking of
yours again. You were supposed to leave that behind roughly around
completion of grade 6, not carry it into advanced adulthood.

>> EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce CO2 emissions.
>> Every American, Every Chinese citizen, every German and every Australian.
>
> Hey Trev, when are you going to stop with the rhetoric and start leading
> by example? You know, sell your fossil fuel burning cars and buy an EV?

An EV, at this point in time, is not a viable CO2 reduction option when
most of our electricty is fossil fuel generated. Best to buy a hybrid
and use the fossil fuel direct and in a much efficient manner.

> Bulldoze your old horribly inefficient house and build a new supper
> efficient one? cut down the sun blocking trees around your place and
> install a big solar array with a battery back up?

Even *new* homes in Australia are horribly inefficient.

> Why is it that the bloke who makes more noise about environmental
> responsibility around here than anyone *also* seems to be the bloke who
> does jack shit himself?
>
> Other than talk about it of course :)

Yes, that would be you driving gas guzzlers way larger than your needs
dictate.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: The election...

<jemga1F9tbhU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14747&group=aus.cars#14747

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:17:48 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 19 May 2022 09:17 UTC

On 19/5/2022 4:20 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 4:07 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> **You fucking moron. Stop using that pitifully idiotic bullshit claim.
>>
>> What's idiotic about it?
>
> **It's idiotic on several levels:
>
> * Every human must work to reduce CO2 emissions. That includes every
> Australian.
> * If we add up the CO2 emissions from every nation that emits less CO2
> than Australia, we come to around 50% of human CO2 emissions.
> * If Australia doesn't work to reduce CO2 emissions, then Australians
> can hardly tell the US, China, Saudi Arabia and the others to reduce
> theirs.
>
>  Australia's contribution to the planet's
>> problems in infinitesimally small.
>
> **And yet, every nation that emits less than Australia could claim the
> same thing. Added together, all those nations (including Australia) can
> make a significant difference.
>
>  And please, while you're on the
>> subject of "pitifully idiotic bullshit", don't start with the "per
>> capita" nonsense.
>
> **Per capita is the only measure that matters.

You are preaching abstract concepts to a concrete brain. In short, you
are pissing into the wind.

>>> EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce CO2 emissions.
>>> Every American, Every Chinese citizen, every German and every
>>> Australian.
>>
>> Hey Trev, when are you going to stop with the rhetoric and start
>> leading by example?
>
> **I already do.
>

>  You know, sell your fossil fuel burning cars and buy an EV?
>
> **As soon as we get a government that makes buying EVs attractive. The
> COALition has no interest.

And gets rid of fossil fuel generators and ramps up renewable alternatives.

>> Bulldoze your old horribly inefficient house and build a new supper
>> efficient one?
>
> **How is my house inefficient? Be precise in your response. FWIW: I have
> the most efficient inverter air cons available. They are used around 10
> days per year. I have no other heating or cooling. My next door
> neighbour has a modern, efficient home and they've used their air con
> every day for the past couple of months.

Our RC AC is the *least used appliance* in our house. It helps we live
in a macro climate that is neither hot nor cold.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: The election...

<jemgijF9tbhU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14748&group=aus.cars#14748

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:22:24 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 19 May 2022 09:22 UTC

On 19/5/2022 4:57 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2022 14:31:08 +1000, Noddy wrote:
>

>> I hope so, as I have a lazy hundred on at 7 to 1 with Sportsbet that the
>> Coalition will retain office :)
>
> Well that's bullshit.
>
> 1. Fraudster is too tight to be a punter.

Nah, Darren is *too stupid* to be a punter!

> 2. Fraudster is an habitual liar.

100% agreement on that.

> 3. Sportsbet currently have the Tories @ $2.65.

Dropped a little, it was, I thought, $3.xx a day or two back.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: The election...

<jemjs0Faj18U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14751&group=aus.cars#14751

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 20:18:37 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 19 May 2022 10:18 UTC

On 18/05/2022 7:56 pm, lindsay wrote:

> I'm getting old... most shit on media that i observe, (television,
> radio) doesnt really faze me.... But when you're force fed political
> *SHIT*, that we have to pay for, I draw the line.
>
> In the last 10 mins, I've heard "there's a hole in your budget...) 4
> times on prime time tv, , I heard it 4 times in 30 mins on TTFM this
> morning before I punched the clock radio in the face and swapped to
> digital.... I believe they actually changed it to a more modern track
> today, but I havent heard it...thankfully.
>
> I'm nearly happy, I voted early, so I dont have to stand around in a 45
> minute queue with all the dirty fucks without a mask... I could lie, and
> say I dont care who wins... I do.. but find the cunt who came up with
> "theres a hole in your budget", and "put him in the curry" ffs.
>
>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q
>
> put 'em *ALL* in the curry....

**Yes. Here's ONE of the reasons I won't vote for those arseholes in the
COALition. This is how their decisions have affected my life and that of
my loved ones:

Several years ago, my mother rapidly developed dementia. Like many, I
was bewildered and had no clear idea of what to do. I cared for my
mother as much as I could, but I was fortunate to be in contact with the
local medical people who dealt with such matters. My mother's
geriatrician was amazing. She spent 6 weeks under close observation at
my local hospital, where the geriatrician assured me that she would
advise where I could best place my mother. I visited her suggested aged
care facility. I thought it was a bit ordinary and suggested that I
would be happy to pay more to allow my mother to receive better care.
The geriatrician assured me that I should not focus on the 'furniture'.
Focus on the care and that the place she suggested was very good indeed.
Sure enough, the care was excellent. At least one nurse on duty 24/7
(unusual for a small facility) and a high carer to resident ratio. The
food was fabulous, prepared and cooked on the premises. I know it's a
little thing, but even the ice cream was Street's Blue Ribbon.

Anyway, when my sister became too much for my brother-in-law to care
for, I suggested that he place her there as well. He did so. All was
good for a couple of years. I met the other of the facility (he owned 3
other small aged care places). I admired his AMG63 Benz. He was able to
buy one every three or four years. So, despite the facility being low
cost, it was profitable.

The government oversight mob caused forced him to sell the facility to a
much larger organisation. Within one week, they had:

* Sacked 30% of the carer staff.
* Eliminated 24/7 nurses.
* Freighted all food from a central location, frozen.

My mother died a few months later. She was 92 years old, so it was
likely natural causes.

Last year, I had a 'phone call from my brother-in-law and he told me to
meet him at Sutherland hospital in the palliative care wing. My sister
(64 years old) was dying. I asked the doctor what was going on. Her
doctor explained that my sister had a bed sore (exposed bone) around
160mm across and that there was no possible treatment. She lasted 27
days without food and water. It was horrific. I've never seen nurses in
tears, but I saw them in tears when they came into my sister's room.

Had the cunts running the aged care facility keep staff levels high and
nurses on duty, my sister may have been treated in a timely manner.

If this rotten bunch of cunts in the COALition acted like human beings
and made certain that ALL aged care facilities had nurses on duty 24/7
and a reasonable level of carers, then my sister may well be still alive
today.

Labor is promising to bring nurses into aged care 24/7 and increase
carer levels. The COALition is not. The COALition doesn't give a shit.

You better hope you don't end up in aged care under the COALition.

Aged care is all about greed. It should not be so. The COALition assists
the greedy cunts who run these operations. They do not oversee the aged
care system.

Don't get me started on in-home care. That is a complete joke. Again:
The COALition doesn't give a shit.

Re: OT: The election...

<t65b1q$gkc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14752&group=aus.cars#14752

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 21:52:23 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 19 May 2022 11:52 UTC

On 19/05/2022 8:18 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 18/05/2022 7:56 pm, lindsay wrote:

> If this rotten bunch of cunts in the COALition acted like human beings
> and made certain that ALL aged care facilities had nurses on duty 24/7
> and a reasonable level of carers, then my sister may well be still alive
> today.

Trevor, you've mentioned this before and as I said at the time I'm sorry
for your loss. But your angst seems to be directed towards the wrong people.

The government doesn't run aged care facilities. They just subsidise
them. The facilities themselves are run by private companies, and while
they're obliged to offer a minimum standard of care there is no maximum.
The companies themselves are free to do as much as they like over and
above the expected minimum, and if they wish to provide the kind of
staff you're talking about here there is nothing stopping them from
doing so.

But some don't. Some exist for no reason just to milk the system for all
they can get out of it, and it sounds a lot like the the people who ran
the facility where your sister was located was one of those. The company
who ran the facility was responsible for the level of care they provided.

Not the government.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: The election...

<jemqhcFbpjiU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14753&group=aus.cars#14753

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 22:12:56 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 May 2022 12:12 UTC

On 19/05/2022 1:35 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 12:07 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Hope you didn't put a major party at 1 which gets them  $3 or so for
>>> your vote (in spite of what others may say it's the taxpayer who pays
>>> for their shit).
>>>
>>> Also hope you never drew a prick on your ballot paper as one got
>>> elected last time (as I heard somewhere recently).  :)
>>>
>> I saw a sign on the hwy not far from here which says "Put the majors
>> last", not a bad idea but my electorate is a Labor stronghold so I
>> vote Liberal mostly in an attempt to weaken Labors hold on the
>> electorate and to make it more marginal.
>> At the last State election there was a significant swing away from
>> Labor here so hopefully the same thing will happen at the Federal
>> election.
>>

> **A vote for the COALition ensures:
>
> * That the smirking, religious fool, Scummo and his sidekick, Joyce
> will be returned to power.

nope. if you're in a safe labor seat your vote is worthless

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

Q:When is noddy not lying?
A:Anytime his lips aren't moving!

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: The election...

<jems0cFc4k0U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14754&group=aus.cars#14754

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 22:37:29 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 May 2022 12:37 UTC

On 19/5/2022 4:20 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 4:07 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> **You fucking moron. Stop using that pitifully idiotic bullshit claim.
>>
>> What's idiotic about it?
>
> **It's idiotic on several levels:
>
> * Every human must work to reduce CO2 emissions. That includes every
> Australian.
> * If we add up the CO2 emissions from every nation that emits less CO2
> than Australia, we come to around 50% of human CO2 emissions.
> * If Australia doesn't work to reduce CO2 emissions, then Australians
> can hardly tell the US, China, Saudi Arabia and the others to reduce
> theirs.
>
>  Australia's contribution to the planet's
>> problems in infinitesimally small.
>
> **And yet, every nation that emits less than Australia could claim the
> same thing. Added together, all those nations (including Australia) can
> make a significant difference.
>
>  And please, while you're on the
>> subject of "pitifully idiotic bullshit", don't start with the "per
>> capita" nonsense.
>
> **Per capita is the only measure that matters.
>

>>> EVERY SINGLE HUMAN ONE THE PLANET must act to reduce CO2 emissions.
>>> Every American, Every Chinese citizen, every German and every
>>> Australian.
>>
>> Hey Trev, when are you going to stop with the rhetoric and start
>> leading by example?
>
> **I already do.
>

>  You know, sell your fossil fuel burning cars and buy an EV?
>
> **As soon as we get a government that makes buying EVs attractive. The
> COALition has no interest.

Why should any Govt anywhere help well off people to buy new cars?
In the long run how much difference do you think EV's in Australia will
make to the worlds CO2?
I'm seriously doubting the overall benefit long term of EV's, battery
warranty is around 8yrs on most so most likely many batteries will need
to be replaced at great cost to the owners on an average of every 10yrs
and the batteries will need to recycled and so far no one is doing that.
Add the massive amounts of extra mining for the raw materials needed to
produce EV's and I seriously doubt that in the long term the environment
will be better off.
If Govts really want to reduce CO2 emissions and help all of the
population instead of just the well off that can afford new cars they
should be spending money on low or zero emission public transport which
is sadly lacking in all but the inner areas of major cities, I only live
53km from Melb CBD and the public transport is woeful.

>> Bulldoze your old horribly inefficient house and build a new supper
>> efficient one?
>
> **How is my house inefficient? Be precise in your response. FWIW: I have
> the most efficient inverter air cons available. They are used around 10
> days per year. I have no other heating or cooling. My next door
> neighbour has a modern, efficient home and they've used their air con
> every day for the past couple of months.
>

>  cut down the sun blocking trees around your place and
>> install a big solar array with a battery back up?
>
> **ALL my electricity is obtained from renewable sources.

Or so they told you when they took your money and fell for that scam,
you really have no way of knowing where it comes from.

>> Why is it that the bloke who makes more noise about environmental
>> responsibility around here than anyone *also* seems to be the bloke
>> who does jack shit himself?
>
> **You have no idea what I do, or don't do.

Except that you told us you don't have solar.
Does your house have double glazed windows, insulation in the walls as
well as the ceiling?
Is it "passive solar" designed to reduce heating and cooling needs?

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jemsulFca28U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14755&group=aus.cars#14755

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 22:53:38 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 May 2022 12:53 UTC

On 19/5/2022 4:55 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> [...]
>>> Pork barrelling must end. Voting for Scummo/Joyce will mean that we
>>> will get more pork barrelling, not less.
>>
>> LOL, only a very naive one eyed person can't see that they are all as
>> bad as each other in that regard.
>
> **Wrong. The COALition is much worse than Labor:
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/sep/12/-sp-pork-barrelling-whos-worse-the-coalition-or-labor

>>> **Think of the big picture, not your own backyard.
>>>
>> That would be dumb, I only vote in my electorate, what happens
>> elsewhere is beyond my control.
>
> **Wrong. You have a senate vote as well.
>
>> Even if I did vote Labor or Green it wouldn't make any difference to
>> the overall result, as much as I hope that my vote will result in a
>> marginal electorate we will most likely end up with another useless
>> Labor MP.
>
> **So, instead, you vote for an even more useless COALition MP.

<jemtseFcfdhU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14756&group=aus.cars#14756

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 23:09:31 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 May 2022 13:09 UTC

On 19/5/2022 8:18 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 18/05/2022 7:56 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting old... most shit on media that i observe, (television,
>> radio) doesnt really faze me.... But when you're force fed political
>> *SHIT*, that we have to pay for, I draw the line.
>>
>> In the last 10 mins, I've heard "there's a hole in your budget...) 4
>> times on prime time tv, , I heard it 4 times in 30 mins on TTFM this
>> morning before I punched the clock radio in the face and swapped to
>> digital.... I believe they actually changed it to a more modern track
>> today, but I havent heard it...thankfully.
>>
>> I'm nearly happy, I voted early, so I dont have to stand around in a
>> 45 minute queue with all the dirty fucks without a mask... I could
>> lie, and say I dont care who wins... I do.. but find the cunt who came
>> up with "theres a hole in your budget", and "put him in the curry" ffs.
>>
>>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q
>>
>> put 'em *ALL* in the curry....
>
> **Yes. Here's ONE of the reasons I won't vote for those arseholes in the
> COALition. This is how their decisions have affected my life and that of
> my loved ones:
>

> Several years ago, my mother rapidly developed dementia. Like many, I
> was bewildered and had no clear idea of what to do. I cared for my
> mother as much as I could, but I was fortunate to be in contact with the
> local medical people who dealt with such matters. My mother's
> geriatrician was amazing. She spent 6 weeks under close observation at
> my local hospital, where the geriatrician assured me that she would
> advise where I could best place my mother. I visited her suggested aged
> care facility. I thought it was a bit ordinary and suggested that I
> would be happy to pay more to allow my mother to receive better care.
> The geriatrician assured me that I should not focus on the 'furniture'.
> Focus on the care and that the place she suggested was very good indeed.
> Sure enough, the care was excellent. At least one nurse on duty 24/7
> (unusual for a small facility) and a high carer to resident ratio. The
> food was fabulous, prepared and cooked on the premises. I know it's a
> little thing, but even the ice cream was Street's Blue Ribbon.
>
> Anyway, when my sister became too much for my brother-in-law to care
> for, I suggested that he place her there as well. He did so. All was
> good for a couple of years. I met the other of the facility (he owned 3
> other small aged care places). I admired his AMG63 Benz. He was able to
> buy one every three or four years. So, despite the facility being low
> cost, it was profitable.
>
> The government oversight mob caused forced him to sell the facility to a
> much larger organisation.

How can "The government oversight mob" force anyone to sell their business?
Sounds like there is more to it.

Within one week, they had:

> * Sacked 30% of the carer staff.
> * Eliminated 24/7 nurses.
> * Freighted all food from a central location, frozen.
>
> My mother died a few months later. She was 92 years old, so it was
> likely natural causes.
>
> Last year, I had a 'phone call from my brother-in-law and he told me to
> meet him at Sutherland hospital in the palliative care wing. My sister
> (64 years old) was dying. I asked the doctor what was going on. Her
> doctor explained that my sister had a bed sore (exposed bone) around
> 160mm across and that there was no possible treatment. She lasted 27
> days without food and water. It was horrific. I've never seen nurses in
> tears, but I saw them in tears when they came into my sister's room.
>
> Had the cunts running the aged care facility keep staff levels high and
> nurses on duty, my sister may have been treated in a timely manner.
>
> If this rotten bunch of cunts in the COALition acted like human beings
> and made certain that ALL aged care facilities had nurses on duty 24/7
> and a reasonable level of carers, then my sister may well be still alive
> today.
>
> Labor is promising to bring nurses into aged care 24/7 and increase
> carer levels. The COALition is not. The COALition doesn't give a shit.
>
> You better hope you don't end up in aged care under the COALition.
>
> Aged care is all about greed. It should not be so. The COALition assists
> the greedy cunts who run these operations. They do not oversee the aged
> care system.
>
> Don't get me started on in-home care. That is a complete joke. Again:
> The COALition doesn't give a shit.

Sorry for your loss but do you seriously think that Labor will do any
better?
I don't think that a change of Govt will make much difference unless
they either borrow shit loads of money or take the money from some other
just as needy area.
My mother died in a nursing home Dec 2020 at 91yrs old, she loved where
she was and had nothing but praise for the place especially the staff,
same Govt different result.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jemui7Fckd4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14757&group=aus.cars#14757

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 23:21:06 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 May 2022 13:21 UTC

On 19/5/2022 9:52 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 8:18 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 18/05/2022 7:56 pm, lindsay wrote:
>
>> If this rotten bunch of cunts in the COALition acted like human beings
>> and made certain that ALL aged care facilities had nurses on duty 24/7
>> and a reasonable level of carers, then my sister may well be still
>> alive today.
>
> Trevor, you've mentioned this before and as I said at the time I'm sorry
> for your loss. But your angst seems to be directed towards the wrong
> people.
>
> The government doesn't run aged care facilities. They just subsidise
> them. The facilities themselves are run by private companies, and while
> they're obliged to offer a minimum standard of care there is no maximum.
> The companies themselves are free to do as much as they like over and
> above the expected minimum, and if they wish to provide the kind of
> staff you're talking about here there is nothing stopping them from
> doing so.
>
> But some don't. Some exist for no reason just to milk the system for all
> they can get out of it, and it sounds a lot like the the people who ran
> the facility where your sister was located was one of those. The company
> who ran the facility was responsible for the level of care they provided.
>
> Not the government.

That certainly seemed to be the case where my mother was, she was at
Estia Health in Benalla and she was always happy there right up until
she died in Dec 2020.
One of my sisters looked after all of mum's finances and care and I
didn't get involved in any of the details, I know we had to sell her
house so she could pay a "deposit" of some sort to help pay for her care
which was refunded after her death, AFAIK part of her pension was also
paid to the nursing home.
Same Govt different result so is the Govt to blame for poor standard of
care or the owners/managers of the nursing homes?
Bit of both?

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jenkpoFgq4lU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14758&group=aus.cars#14758

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 05:40:38 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 19 May 2022 19:40 UTC

On 19/05/2022 11:09 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 19/5/2022 8:18 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 18/05/2022 7:56 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm getting old... most shit on media that i observe, (television,
>>> radio) doesnt really faze me.... But when you're force fed political
>>> *SHIT*, that we have to pay for, I draw the line.
>>>
>>> In the last 10 mins, I've heard "there's a hole in your budget...) 4
>>> times on prime time tv, , I heard it 4 times in 30 mins on TTFM this
>>> morning before I punched the clock radio in the face and swapped to
>>> digital.... I believe they actually changed it to a more modern track
>>> today, but I havent heard it...thankfully.
>>>
>>> I'm nearly happy, I voted early, so I dont have to stand around in a
>>> 45 minute queue with all the dirty fucks without a mask... I could
>>> lie, and say I dont care who wins... I do.. but find the cunt who
>>> came up with "theres a hole in your budget", and "put him in the
>>> curry" ffs.
>>>
>>>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q
>>>
>>> put 'em *ALL* in the curry....
>>
>> **Yes. Here's ONE of the reasons I won't vote for those arseholes in
>> the COALition. This is how their decisions have affected my life and
>> that of my loved ones:
>>

>> Several years ago, my mother rapidly developed dementia. Like many, I
>> was bewildered and had no clear idea of what to do. I cared for my
>> mother as much as I could, but I was fortunate to be in contact with
>> the local medical people who dealt with such matters. My mother's
>> geriatrician was amazing. She spent 6 weeks under close observation at
>> my local hospital, where the geriatrician assured me that she would
>> advise where I could best place my mother. I visited her suggested
>> aged care facility. I thought it was a bit ordinary and suggested that
>> I would be happy to pay more to allow my mother to receive better
>> care. The geriatrician assured me that I should not focus on the
>> 'furniture'. Focus on the care and that the place she suggested was
>> very good indeed. Sure enough, the care was excellent. At least one
>> nurse on duty 24/7 (unusual for a small facility) and a high carer to
>> resident ratio. The food was fabulous, prepared and cooked on the
>> premises. I know it's a little thing, but even the ice cream was
>> Street's Blue Ribbon.
>>
>> Anyway, when my sister became too much for my brother-in-law to care
>> for, I suggested that he place her there as well. He did so. All was
>> good for a couple of years. I met the other of the facility (he owned
>> 3 other small aged care places). I admired his AMG63 Benz. He was able
>> to buy one every three or four years. So, despite the facility being
>> low cost, it was profitable.
>>
>> The government oversight mob caused forced him to sell the facility to
>> a much larger organisation.
>
> How can "The government oversight mob" force anyone to sell their business?
> Sounds like there is more to it.

**I did my best to get to the bottom of what happened, but met a stony
silence. The aged care facility my mother and sister were in was hit
with 'sanctions'. The sanctions involved a few, relatively minor issues.
Like other carers, I attended a meeting with the government people, who
explained what the issues were. NONE of the carers (around 60 of us)
expressed any concerns with the facility. We all felt that the facility
provided an excellent level of care. Nonetheless, sanctions were issued.
This, essentially, meant that the facility was unable to accept new
residents for a period of time (6 months, as I recall). IOW, without
income, the place was going to gradually go bankrupt. The owner had no
choice but to sell the facility. One of his other facilities was also
sanctioned, so he just sold all four that he owned.

When the new owner took over, staff were sacked, nurses eliminated, food
quality fell dramatically and complaints rose. And my sister died from
an entirely treatable condition. Many phone calls, emails and official
communications resulted in - nothing. Despite the dramatic fall in care,
the new owners were not sanctioned. One fellow I met there would visit
his wife every single day (such a hero) for the 10 years she had lived
there. He told me that prior to the new owners taking over, he made ONE
complaint in 9 years. Since the new owners had taken over, he had made 7
complaints. And counting. I haven't seen him since my sister left this
planet. I imagine he has made many more.

Now, the cynic in me might suggest that someone in the government is
coddling the larger aged care organisations and deliberately destroying
small owners for some reason. Payola? Maybe. Something more sinister?
Dunno. The system is completely fucked and the COALition has zero
interest in making a difference. Labor has promised to make a difference.

You'd better hope like Hell you don't end up in the system under a
COALition government.

>  Within one week, they had:
>>
>> * Sacked 30% of the carer staff.
>> * Eliminated 24/7 nurses.
>> * Freighted all food from a central location, frozen.
>>
>> My mother died a few months later. She was 92 years old, so it was
>> likely natural causes.
>>
>> Last year, I had a 'phone call from my brother-in-law and he told me
>> to meet him at Sutherland hospital in the palliative care wing. My
>> sister (64 years old) was dying. I asked the doctor what was going on.
>> Her doctor explained that my sister had a bed sore (exposed bone)
>> around 160mm across and that there was no possible treatment. She
>> lasted 27 days without food and water. It was horrific. I've never
>> seen nurses in tears, but I saw them in tears when they came into my
>> sister's room.
>>
>> Had the cunts running the aged care facility keep staff levels high
>> and nurses on duty, my sister may have been treated in a timely manner.
>>
>> If this rotten bunch of cunts in the COALition acted like human beings
>> and made certain that ALL aged care facilities had nurses on duty 24/7
>> and a reasonable level of carers, then my sister may well be still
>> alive today.
>>
>> Labor is promising to bring nurses into aged care 24/7 and increase
>> carer levels. The COALition is not. The COALition doesn't give a shit.
>>
>> You better hope you don't end up in aged care under the COALition.
>>
>> Aged care is all about greed. It should not be so. The COALition
>> assists the greedy cunts who run these operations. They do not oversee
>> the aged care system.
>>
>> Don't get me started on in-home care. That is a complete joke. Again:
>> The COALition doesn't give a shit.
>
> Sorry for your loss but do you seriously think that Labor will do any
> better?

**They could not do any worse. They've promised to do better. If they
win government, then they can be held to account at the next election.
We know that in the past 10 years, the COALition has done NOTHING to
improve things.

Here's just one thing they've fucked up on:

Food is a real problem in aged care. Facilities are like private
prisons. They are driven to keep costs low. To do this, they employ as
few people as possible, no nurses and food is the cheapest quality they
can get away with. The fucking morons in the COALition finally realised
that food is a problem and they spent (I can't recall the precise
figure) $10 billion by giving money to aged care facilities and telling
them to improve food. There is no oversight mechanism to ensure that
YOUR money is being spent on decent food. Many of the facility owners
just pocketed the money. That is still going on.

Good economic managers? Not fucking likely. YOUR tax Dollars are being
spent with zero oversight.

> I don't think that a change of Govt will make much difference unless
> they either borrow shit loads of money or take the money from some other
> just as needy area.

**Read my words again. The facility my mother and sister were in, under
the old owners, enjoyed a very high level of care, excellent food and
24/7 nursing. Yet, despite the low cost of the facility, the owner made
enough money to keep him in AMG Mercs and Italian suits. The new owners
wanted more money. They cut nurses, staff and food quality, because
there is no government requirements in those areas. Now, don't get me
wrong: I do not begrudge a company making a profit. I don't begrudge the
previous owner making enough to buy fancy cars, PROVIDED minimum levels
of care are met. The COALition refuses to implement minimum standards
for aged care.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: The election...

<jenku8Fgq4lU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14759&group=aus.cars#14759

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 05:43:05 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 19 May 2022 19:43 UTC

On 19/05/2022 10:12 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 1:35 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> I saw a sign on the hwy not far from here which says "Put the majors
>>> last", not a bad idea but my electorate is a Labor stronghold so I
>>> vote Liberal mostly in an attempt to weaken Labors hold on the
>>> electorate and to make it more marginal.
>>> At the last State election there was a significant swing away from
>>> Labor here so hopefully the same thing will happen at the Federal
>>> election.
>>>

>> **A vote for the COALition ensures:
>>
>> * That the smirking, religious fool, Scummo and his sidekick, Joyce
>> will be returned to power.
>

> nope. if you're in a safe labor seat your vote is worthless

**I am in that fucking moron, Craig Kelly's electorate. I can't wait for
him to be booted out. It's worth voting Liberal to see him go.

However, I should remind you that it was Scummo who insisted that Kelly
be retained at the last election. The Libs had better choices, but that
fucking idiot, Scummo saved Kelly. I hope that act bites him in the arse.

Re: OT: The election...

<jeno8jFhecgU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14760&group=aus.cars#14760

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 06:39:45 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 19 May 2022 20:39 UTC

On 19/05/2022 9:52 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 8:18 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 18/05/2022 7:56 pm, lindsay wrote:
>
>> If this rotten bunch of cunts in the COALition acted like human beings
>> and made certain that ALL aged care facilities had nurses on duty 24/7
>> and a reasonable level of carers, then my sister may well be still
>> alive today.
>
> Trevor, you've mentioned this before and as I said at the time I'm sorry
> for your loss. But your angst seems to be directed towards the wrong
> people.

**Bullshit.

> The government doesn't run aged care facilities.They just subsidise
> them. The facilities themselves are run by private companies, and while
> they're obliged to offer a minimum standard of care there is no maximum.

**And the minimum level of care is hopelessly inadequate. At the very
minimum, nurses should be on the premises 24/7, minimum carer to
resident ratios MUST be established and food quality must be rigidly
specified. The COALition has steadfastly refused to implement any of
these things. EXCEPT food. The gave money to aged care facilities in the
hope they would improve food. However, the brilliant economic managers
that the COALition claims to be, have failed to implement any oversight
mechanism to ensure the money is not spent on mew Ferraris for the owners.

Fucking morons. You keep voting for them.

> The companies themselves are free to do as much as they like over and
> above the expected minimum, and if they wish to provide the kind of
> staff you're talking about here there is nothing stopping them from
> doing so.

**Correct. The COALition has refused to specify decent minimum standards
for aged care. They just don't care.

> But some don't. Some exist for no reason just to milk the system for all
> they can get out of it, and it sounds a lot like the the people who ran
> the facility where your sister was located was one of those. The company
> who ran the facility was responsible for the level of care they provided.

**Who RUNS the facility. It's a large (Victorian) company, who cut
staff, fired nurses and cut back on food quality. Because they could.
Because the COALition refuses to implement decent standards for aged care.