Many hands make light work. -- John Heywood

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: The election...

SubjectAuthor
* OT: The election...lindsay
+* OT: The election...Noddy
|`* OT: The election...Daryl
| `- OT: The election...Noddy
+- OT: The election...Oliver Closeoff
+* OT: The election...Daryl
|`* OT: The election...Noddy
| +* OT: The election...Oliver Closeoff
| |`- OT: The election...Xeno
| +* OT: The election...alvey
| |+- OT: The election...Xeno
| |`- OT: The election...Clocky
| `* OT: The election...Daryl
|  `- OT: The election...Noddy
+* OT: The election...Clocky
|`* OT: The election...lindsay
| `- OT: The election...Clocky
+* OT: The election...John_H
|+- OT: The election...Clocky
|+* OT: The election...Daryl
||+* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||+* OT: The election...Daryl
|||+* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||`* OT: The election...John_H
||| `* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||  `* OT: The election...John_H
|||   `* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||    `* OT: The election...John_H
|||     +* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |+* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     ||+- OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
|||     ||`* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     || `- OT: The election...Xeno
|||     |+- OT: The election...alvey
|||     |`* OT: The election...Clocky
|||     | `* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |  `* OT: The election...Clocky
|||     |   `* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |    `* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |     +* OT: The election...Daryl
|||     |     |+- OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |     |+* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |     ||`* OT: The election...Daryl
|||     |     || `- OT: The election...Clocky
|||     |     |`- OT: The election...Clocky
|||     |     +- OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |     `* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |      +* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |      |`* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |      | `* OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |      |  +* OT: The election...Noddy
|||     |      |  |`* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |      |  | `* OT: The election...Xeno
|||     |      |  |  `- OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |      |  `* OT: The election...Yosemite Sam
|||     |      |   `- OT: The election...keithr0
|||     |      `- OT: The election...Clocky
|||     `- OT: The election...Trevor Wilson
||+* OT: The election...Noddy
|||+* OT: The election...Daryl
|||`* OT: The election...alvey
||| `- OT: The election...Xeno
||`* OT: The election...John_H
|+- OT: The election...lindsay
|`- OT: The election...keithr0
`* OT: The election...Trevor Wilson

Pages:1234567
Re: OT: The election...

<jeqp7gF4innU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14820&group=aus.cars#14820

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: The election...
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:14:39 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqnc2F48u5U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 21 May 2022 00:14 UTC

On 21/05/2022 9:42 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/5/2022 8:42 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> What part of basic economics don't you understand?
>>
>> **Quite a bit, actually.
>>
>>> A 6% reduction in private and corporate wealth, even if confined to
>>> the top end of town, would have a significant impact on economic
>>> growth.  The flow on effects would precipitate an economic disaster
>>> that would make the Great Depression of the 1930s look like a short
>>> term recession.
>>
>> **Bullshit. My income tax bill is MUCH higher, as a percentage of
>> income than any billionaire in Australia. 6% tax is chicken-feed. Tax
>> 'em more.

>>> At which point the state has seized a mere 6% of her assets, so
>>> probably not!  But it's a tax, it's ongoing, so how long before she's
>>> reduced to a mere billion?
>>
>> **Based on the rise in her wealth over the past few years, never. Even
>> with a miserably tiny 6% tax, she'll just get richer. And more annoying.

>>> Really!  Communism by stealth... Carl Marx would've loved it.

>>> So you'd have the state as the sole determinate at to where the money
>>> gets spent (assuming it has any value whatsoever at that point)!
>>
>> **In a heartbeat. Look what Gina has spent some of her money on. Look
>> what Packer spends his money on. Some of that wealth could be
>> delivered to our health system. Or education system. Or defence.
>>
>> https://themarketherald.com.au/fancy/net-worth-how-australias-richest-women-gina-rinehart-spends-her-wealth/
>>

>> https://themarketherald.com.au/fancy/billionaire-insight-inside-the-luxury-life-of-james-packer/

>>> Indeed if they don't have it they can't spend it, which is no doubt
>>> what motivates the watermelons... green the outside, red on the
>>> inside!
>>
>> **Most of their money is made in Australia and spent overseas. If they
>> spend it.

>>> What super fund doesn't have assets exceeding $1b, so why wouldn't
>>> they be taxed?
>>
>> **Perhaps you missed my question. Here it is:
>>
>> Do the Greens state that they will tax super funds?
>>
>> Yes or no.
>>

> Its not as simple as that, if they tax what the super funds invest in
> then isn't that still an indirect tax on super?

**It is EXACTLY that simple. If, let's say, James Packer avoids paying a
few million Dollars tax, will that money end up in shareholders'
pockets, or in a new villa in Mexico, a new yacht of his new
girlfriend's cosmetic surgery.

I bet you know the real answer.

> Different method, same result which will affect the average Joe as much
> as the wealthy.

**Bullshit. You've been hoodwinked if you believe that twaddle.

> I don't disagree with the idea that the wealthy should pay more but we
> need to be very careful with the way its done so that it doesn't result
> in less investment in things that will create jobs making people worse off.

**A SIX PERCENT tax is not onerous. You would have paid MUCH, MUCH more
than that when you were working. Yet you still employed people.

> Sounds a bit like UAP plan for a tax of mining exports, prices are fixed
> by the market so the tax would have to be absorbed by the miners with a
> resulting drop in profit which could further result in some miners
> shutting down and everyone loosing their jobs, the plan is not well
> thought through.

**The UAP is full of shit. They say anything. None of it makes sense.

> The mining companies pay people very well which the employees spend, if
> they loose their jobs it will have a big effect on the overall economy.

**And those miners pay way more than 6% tax.

>>   In any case a major source of superannuation pensions
>>> is corporate share dividends which would cease to exist as a direct
>>> consequence of a 6% asset tax.
>>
>> **Given the tax evasion practiced by most large companies, I have zero
>> problem with extra tax on them.
>>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/10/household-names-168-australian-companies-have-paid-no-tax-since-2013
>>

> That really doesn't tell the complete story, it just gives income
> figures, those business's that didn't pay any tax may have incurred big
> losses greater than their income.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: The election...

<jeqp8sF4innU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14821&group=aus.cars#14821

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:15:26 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <t6975k$12a$1@dont-email.me>
<jeqnvlF4ca0U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 21 May 2022 00:15 UTC

On 21/05/2022 9:53 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/5/2022 9:10 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 21/05/2022 8:42 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> On 21/05/2022 8:01 am, John_H wrote:
>>
>>>   In any case a major source of superannuation pensions
>>>
>>> **Given the tax evasion practiced by most large companies, I have
>>> zero problem with extra tax on them.
>>
>> Tax evasion? Which ones do you know that are actually breaking the law?
>
> Very likely very few if any, not against the law to minimise the amount
> of tax they pay.
> The ATO have been actively trying to prevent profit shifting as have
> many other countries so its not as if the ATO hasn't been trying to
> address the issue, its a big problem world wide, not just in Australia.
> https://www.ato.gov.au/business/international-tax-for-business/in-detail/base-erosion-and-profit-shifting/?page=1#:~:text=Base%20erosion%20and%20profit%20shifting%20is%20a%20tax%20avoidance%20strategy,ones%20that%20have%20low%20taxes.
>

> Trouble is if we come down too hard on these big companies they are
> likely to pack up shop and move elsewhere making us worse off so its a
> fine balance between collecting a reasonable amount of tax but not
> killing off the goose that laid the golden egg.

**Bullshit. Nations just need to work together. Simple.

Re: OT: The election...

<jeqr3lF4th6U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14822&group=aus.cars#14822

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:47:26 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 21 May 2022 00:47 UTC

On 20/05/2022 8:05 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> [...]
> However, my next car will, almost certainly be a hybrid or a BEV. I am
> leaning towards a BEV right now. That may change. Depending on a bunch
> of factors:
>
> * The availability more plentiful charging places.
> * The arrival of new battery technologies (Al-Ion for instance).
> * The cost of petrol.
> * Government incentives to buy an BEV.
>
> Based on my present usage, my present car will probably outlast me (at
> least 30 years). So, I will need some compelling reasons to buy a new
> car of any type.

>>> **How is my house inefficient? Be precise in your response.
>>
>> If memory serves, and I'm happy to stand corrected, you live in a
>> house that's quite old. 1960's vintage or possibly older. Compared to
>> a modern house it would be extremely inefficient, even if you'd gone
>> to some trouble to counter that.
>
> **Nonsense. The house next door is quite modern and extremely
> inefficient. Like I said: I rarely use heating and cooling. I have
> trees to my West that block the afternoon Sun. The house faces North,
> so I pick up that nice Winter Sun. It's high and near the water, so I
> get sea breezes on Summer evenings (mostly). It is an extremely
> comfortable home, at any time of year. My partner chose very carefully.
>

>>> FWIW: I have the most efficient inverter air cons available. They
>>> are used around 10 days per year. I have no other heating or
>>> cooling. My next door neighbour has a modern, efficient home and
>>> they've used their air con every day for the past couple of months.
>>
>> Which says nothing about the differences about the homes, and
>> everything about the personal preferences.
>
> **And just how badly some modern homes can be designed and built. The
> cheapskates didn't even specify double glazing. Yet my partner and I
> are making plans to install double glazing in the next year or two.
>

>>>   cut down the sun blocking trees around your place and
>>>
>>> **ALL my electricity is obtained from renewable sources.
>>
>> So what?
>
> **I put my money where my mouth is.
>
>  If you had a decent solar system you'd make more available for
>> others to use.
>
> **As I stated before: Too much shading. I lose the ability to generate
> power, but I save power thanks to the shading from the Western Sun.

>>> **You have no idea what I do, or don't do.
>>
>> I've got some, based just on what you've said here :)
>
> **You have no idea what I do, or don't do.

>>> **Like I said: You have no idea.
>>
>> Okay. So, just for shits and giggles value, what's the
>> "attractiveness" thresh hold that needs to be met before you'd
>> consider dumping your fossil fuel burning cars and moving to an
>> electric one, and given your highly pro-active stance on climate
>> change which is something you've been passionate about for many
>> years, do you see it as selfish that you put your own financial
>> interests *ahead* of action you clearly consider to be for the

you sound like a real greenie nutter. and you're delusional if you think
anything you do is going to make one poofteenth of a difference to anything.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: The election...

<jeqrq1F4vvkU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14823&group=aus.cars#14823

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:59:23 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <t6975k$12a$1@dont-email.me>
<jeqnvlF4ca0U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqp8sF4innU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 21 May 2022 00:59 UTC

On 21/05/2022 10:15 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 9:53 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Tax evasion? Which ones do you know that are actually breaking the law?
>>
>> Very likely very few if any, not against the law to minimise the
>> amount of tax they pay.
>> The ATO have been actively trying to prevent profit shifting as have
>> many other countries so its not as if the ATO hasn't been trying to
>> address the issue, its a big problem world wide, not just in Australia.
>> https://www.ato.gov.au/business/international-tax-for-business/in-detail/base-erosion-and-profit-shifting/?page=1#:~:text=Base%20erosion%20and%20profit%20shifting%20is%20a%20tax%20avoidance%20strategy,ones%20that%20have%20low%20taxes.
>>

>> Trouble is if we come down too hard on these big companies they are
>> likely to pack up shop and move elsewhere making us worse off so its
>> a fine balance between collecting a reasonable amount of tax but not
>> killing off the goose that laid the golden egg.

exactly

> **Bullshit. Nations just need to work together. Simple.

yes, happens all the time. like Russia working together with Ukraine for
example.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: The election...

<t69dgf$58o$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14824&group=aus.cars#14824

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 08:58:47 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 21 May 2022 00:58 UTC

On 20/05/2022 9:13 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 20/05/2022 11:07 am, Clocky wrote:
>> On 20/05/2022 5:53 am, Noddy wrote:
>>> On 20/05/2022 6:39 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>>> "Decent" being the subjective term in this context. Some probably
>>> think the current minimum standard is decent enough, while others
>>> such as yourself disagree.
>>
>> It's *not* "decent" enough period. Nursing home care is appallingly
>> bad, demoralising and dehumanised all over Australia everywhere you go.
>>
>> It's just depressing. Staff are under the pump to "care" for as many
>> residents as possible in the shortest possible time. These places are
>> run like the elderly human being are just objects on a fucking
>> production line to be "cared" for in the fastest and cheapest method
>> possible to line the pockets of the cunts that run these places.
>>
>> That fuckwit used car salesman Morrison has done absolutely nothing to
>> make sure there are checks and balances. Quality and welfare checks
>> should be done at random, without notice - for a start.
>
> **Correct. Having visited 27 aged care facilities over the past 5 years,
> I know my way around quite well. I can see the stuff that they don't
> want casual visitors to notice.

My other half worked in the industry. Staff do their best (with
exceptions, there are always rogues) but this is a top down problem for
the most part. It's not in the interest of the people they are "caring"
for but their own pockets. That needs to change.

Re: OT: The election...

<jeqrv8F5225U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14825&group=aus.cars#14825

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:01:26 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:01 UTC

On 20/05/2022 10:32 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 20/5/2022 8:05 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Per capita is completely nonsensical. The *only* figure that makes
>>> any difference to the planet is the global total.

>>> Do you? How?
>>
>> **Asked and answered.

>>> Oh. So "doing your bit" is only okay if it's financially attractive
>>> to you. Is that how it works?
>>
>> **No. It's more complex than that. I purchased a new car in 2017. It's
>> five year warranty period falls due at the end of this year. I would
>> not consider selling that car until the warranty period is finished.
>> However, my next car will, almost certainly be a hybrid or a BEV. I am
>> leaning towards a BEV right now. That may change. Depending on a bunch
>> of factors:
>>
>> * The availability more plentiful charging places.
>
> If you look at some YouTube videos on that subject you will find it
> isn't so simple, its estimated that about 1 in 5 people in the UK who
> buy BEV switch back to IC because charging away from home is a PITA and
> its not just the lack of chargers.

**Sure. It's very early days. Back when ICE cars began, buying petrol
was phenomenally difficult. EV chargers will be more common in the not
too distant future.

> They arrive at a place with lots of chargers but they are all taken so
> they have to wait a very long time, secondly they often find chargers
> not working or problems with the aps that control them.
> Before you even consider a BEV make sure you can charge it at home
> because relying on finding a charger could become your worst nightmare.
> That may change over time but I wouldn't count on it in the near future.

**On that issue you will, almost certainly, be wrong. As fossil fuel
prices continue their inexorable rise, then there will be more demand
for EVs (H2 fuel cell and battery)

>> * The arrival of new battery technologies (Al-Ion for instance).
>
> That might change everything but who knows when.

**Given the amount of money being thrown at the technology, I'd say not
too long.

>> * The cost of petrol.
>
> The price is usually governed by supply and demand so I would expect
> that if demand goes down so will the price but no one really knows.

**Two things:

* Supply is falling (peak oil).
* Governments are increasing taxation on all fossil fuels.
* As demand falls, petrol stations will shut down and/or switch to EV
chargers/H2 supply. They will go where the money is.

Well, that's three.

>> * Government incentives to buy an BEV.
>
> Hope our Govt is never dumb enough to subsidize them.
> In some countries EV's are cheaper than IC cars when you deduct the
> subsidies but still people change back to IC because charging is a PITA.

**Like I said: Early days.

>> Based on my present usage, my present car will probably outlast me (at
>> least 30 years). So, I will need some compelling reasons to buy a new
>> car of any type.
>
> Same here, its very likely that keeping any car that's in good working
> order for a long time will produce less whole of life emissions than
> continually making new ones regardless of the type.
> I also wonder what will happen in about 10yrs when batteries start
> failing, do owners scrap the whole car and start again or replace the
> battery, either way the cost is going to be high.

**Sure.

Re: OT: The election...

<t69dlm$58o$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14826&group=aus.cars#14826

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 09:01:42 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:01 UTC

On 20/05/2022 12:27 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 20/05/2022 1:01 pm, John_H wrote:
>> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> **I don't care for most unions. Some are OK. some are not. Most are run
>>> by dickheads. They are equivalent to our politicians.
>>
>> Also a significant source of Labor politicians... Julia Gillard being
>> but one example.  :)
>
> Lol :)
>
> For almost as long as it's existed the Labor party has been the
> political wing of the trade union movement, with a host of it's former
> heavyweights being union officials who preached their communistic
> bullshit to the faithful before moving onto the big stage to preach it
> to everyone else.

Oh god... you have swallowed the Murdoch rhetoric wholesale haven't you.

I guess it's to be expected from a simpleton habitual liar like you. No
wonder you vote LNP, birds of a feather and all that...

Re: OT: The election...

<jeqs4hF5225U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14827&group=aus.cars#14827

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:04:18 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:04 UTC

On 21/05/2022 10:58 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 20/05/2022 9:13 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> It's *not* "decent" enough period. Nursing home care is appallingly
>>> bad, demoralising and dehumanised all over Australia everywhere you go.
>>>
>>> It's just depressing. Staff are under the pump to "care" for as many
>>> residents as possible in the shortest possible time. These places are
>>> run like the elderly human being are just objects on a fucking
>>> production line to be "cared" for in the fastest and cheapest method
>>> possible to line the pockets of the cunts that run these places.
>>>
>>> That fuckwit used car salesman Morrison has done absolutely nothing
>>> to make sure there are checks and balances. Quality and welfare
>>> checks should be done at random, without notice - for a start.
>>
>> **Correct. Having visited 27 aged care facilities over the past 5
>> years, I know my way around quite well. I can see the stuff that they
>> don't want casual visitors to notice.
>>

> My other half worked in the industry. Staff do their best (with
> exceptions, there are always rogues) but this is a top down problem for
> the most part. It's not in the interest of the people they are "caring"
> for but their own pockets. That needs to change.

**Precisely. Read my experience. I showed that a facility, where costs
were low, staff levels high (including 24/7 nurses), good food, could
still turn a decent profit for it's owner. It can be done, even with
Sydney real estate prices.

Re: OT: The election...

<jeqs6jF538mU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14828&group=aus.cars#14828

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:05:20 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqnc2F48u5U1@mid.individual.net>
<jeqp7gF4innU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Daryl - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:05 UTC

On 21/5/2022 10:14 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 9:42 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Quite a bit, actually.

>>> **Bullshit. My income tax bill is MUCH higher, as a percentage of
>>> income than any billionaire in Australia. 6% tax is chicken-feed. Tax
>>> 'em more.

>>> **Based on the rise in her wealth over the past few years, never.
>>> Even with a miserably tiny 6% tax, she'll just get richer. And more
>>> annoying.

>>> **In a heartbeat. Look what Gina has spent some of her money on. Look
>>> what Packer spends his money on. Some of that wealth could be
>>> delivered to our health system. Or education system. Or defence.
>>>
>>> https://themarketherald.com.au/fancy/net-worth-how-australias-richest-women-gina-rinehart-spends-her-wealth/
>>>

>>> https://themarketherald.com.au/fancy/billionaire-insight-inside-the-luxury-life-of-james-packer/

>>> **Most of their money is made in Australia and spent overseas. If
>>> they spend it.

>>> **Perhaps you missed my question. Here it is:
>>>
>>> Do the Greens state that they will tax super funds?
>>>
>>> Yes or no.
>>>

>> Its not as simple as that, if they tax what the super funds invest in
>> then isn't that still an indirect tax on super?
>
> **It is EXACTLY that simple. If, let's say, James Packer avoids paying a
> few million Dollars tax, will that money end up in shareholders'
> pockets, or in a new villa in Mexico, a new yacht of his new
> girlfriend's cosmetic surgery.

> I bet you know the real answer.
>
>> Different method, same result which will affect the average Joe as
>> much as the wealthy.
>
> **Bullshit. You've been hoodwinked if you believe that twaddle.
>
>> I don't disagree with the idea that the wealthy should pay more but we
>> need to be very careful with the way its done so that it doesn't
>> result in less investment in things that will create jobs making
>> people worse off.
>
> **A SIX PERCENT tax is not onerous. You would have paid MUCH, MUCH more
> than that when you were working. Yet you still employed people.

LOL, I found it easier to pay my wife and myself as employees and we
never took a big wage, we preferred to leave the money in the business
so we could expand, in 25yrs the business paid next to nothing in
company tax simply because we were always spending money on expanding so
there wasn't a lot of profit.
Towards the end it was starting to make a decent profit then the it all
came to an end thanks to the Vic Govt.
We did collect lots of income tax from all of our 38 employees though
which is how business's who don't pay much company tax still contribute
to the overall tax take.

>> Sounds a bit like UAP plan for a tax of mining exports, prices are
>> fixed by the market so the tax would have to be absorbed by the miners
>> with a resulting drop in profit which could further result in some
>> miners shutting down and everyone loosing their jobs, the plan is not
>> well thought through.
>
> **The UAP is full of shit. They say anything. None of it makes sense.
>
>> The mining companies pay people very well which the employees spend,
>> if they loose their jobs it will have a big effect on the overall
>> economy.
>
> **And those miners pay way more than 6% tax.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: The election...

<jeqs86F538mU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14829&group=aus.cars#14829

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:06:14 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <t6975k$12a$1@dont-email.me>
<jeqnvlF4ca0U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqp8sF4innU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Daryl - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:06 UTC

On 21/5/2022 10:15 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 9:53 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Tax evasion? Which ones do you know that are actually breaking the law?
>>
>> Very likely very few if any, not against the law to minimise the
>> amount of tax they pay.
>> The ATO have been actively trying to prevent profit shifting as have
>> many other countries so its not as if the ATO hasn't been trying to
>> address the issue, its a big problem world wide, not just in Australia.
>> https://www.ato.gov.au/business/international-tax-for-business/in-detail/base-erosion-and-profit-shifting/?page=1#:~:text=Base%20erosion%20and%20profit%20shifting%20is%20a%20tax%20avoidance%20strategy,ones%20that%20have%20low%20taxes.
>>

>> Trouble is if we come down too hard on these big companies they are
>> likely to pack up shop and move elsewhere making us worse off so its a
>> fine balance between collecting a reasonable amount of tax but not
>> killing off the goose that laid the golden egg.
>>

> **Bullshit. Nations just need to work together. Simple.

LOL, if it was so simple why hasn't it already been done?

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jeqt8jF59s9U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14830&group=aus.cars#14830

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:24:11 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:24 UTC

On 21/05/2022 11:01 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 20/05/2022 12:27 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Also a significant source of Labor politicians... Julia Gillard being
>>> but one example.  :)
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> For almost as long as it's existed the Labor party has been the
>> political wing of the trade union movement, with a host of it's
>> former heavyweights being union officials who preached their
>> communistic bullshit to the faithful before moving onto the big stage
>> to preach it to everyone else.
>>

> Oh god... you have swallowed the Murdoch rhetoric wholesale haven't you.

it's true what he said

> I guess it's to be expected from a simpleton habitual liar like you.
> No wonder you vote LNP, birds of a feather and all that...

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: The election...

<jeqtm2F5b2fU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14831&group=aus.cars#14831

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:30:43 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <t6975k$12a$1@dont-email.me>
<jeqnvlF4ca0U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqp8sF4innU2@mid.individual.net>
<jeqs86F538mU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:30 UTC

On 21/05/2022 11:06 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/5/2022 10:15 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Very likely very few if any, not against the law to minimise the
>>> amount of tax they pay.
>>> The ATO have been actively trying to prevent profit shifting as have
>>> many other countries so its not as if the ATO hasn't been trying to
>>> address the issue, its a big problem world wide, not just in Australia.
>>> https://www.ato.gov.au/business/international-tax-for-business/in-detail/base-erosion-and-profit-shifting/?page=1#:~:text=Base%20erosion%20and%20profit%20shifting%20is%20a%20tax%20avoidance%20strategy,ones%20that%20have%20low%20taxes.
>>>

>>> Trouble is if we come down too hard on these big companies they are
>>> likely to pack up shop and move elsewhere making us worse off so its
>>> a fine balance between collecting a reasonable amount of tax but not
>>> killing off the goose that laid the golden egg.
>>>

>> **Bullshit. Nations just need to work together. Simple.
>

> LOL, if it was so simple why hasn't it already been done?

**Because it IS being done. There is a way to go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/05/us/politics/g7-global-minimum-tax.html

Re: OT: The election...

<9v9g8hdus4fitl6k74bgaogrbe83pbo965@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14832&group=aus.cars#14832

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 11:35:22 +1000
References: <Ip3hK.25831$L_b6.9931@fx33.iad> <q23b8h5bomg183tkioojeur8n5fkca6sfp@4ax.com> <jeln3kF5bvvU1@mid.individual.net> <lcgd8hpfl2h0c9tvrkal864rb602p9f4vo@4ax.com> <jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net> <jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net> <l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com> <jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net> <mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com> <jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: John_H - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:35 UTC

Trevor Wilson wrote:
>On 21/05/2022 8:01 am, John_H wrote:
>> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> **And how will that take us back to the dark ages?
>>>
>>> Take as much space as you need to answer.
>>
>> What part of basic economics don't you understand?
>
>**Quite a bit, actually.

There's absolutely to suggest you've got the slightest clue as to what
the Greens policy is about, especially since it's got SFA to do with
income as you're consistently claiming. It's an assets tax.

>> A 6% reduction in private and corporate wealth, even if confined to
>> the top end of town, would have a significant impact on economic
>> growth. The flow on effects would precipitate an economic disaster
>> that would make the Great Depression of the 1930s look like a short
>> term recession.
>
>**Bullshit. My income tax bill is MUCH higher, as a percentage of income
>than any billionaire in Australia. 6% tax is chicken-feed. Tax 'em more.

Once again. It's got nothing to do with your income tax bill as a
percentage of income. The Greens proposal is for a 6% tax on the
total value of assets. If your taxable income exceeds 6% of your total
asset value (business, house, car, superannuation, etc,etc.) then
you're doing much better than me because mine certainly doesn't and
I'd imagine very few individual's or corporation's would either.
Further to which I've just paid a substantial GST bill, in addition to
income tax, as would every profitable business in this country

>>> Additionally:
>>>
>>> Gina Rinehart was worth $14 billion in 2019. $29 billion in 2020. $31
>>> billion in 2021. Probably >$34 billion in 2022.
>>>
>>> Do you honestly think she would miss $2 billion?
>>
>> At which point the state has seized a mere 6% of her assets, so
>> probably not! But it's a tax, it's ongoing, so how long before she's
>> reduced to a mere billion?
>
>**Based on the rise in her wealth over the past few years, never. Even
>with a miserably tiny 6% tax, she'll just get richer. And more annoying.

An annual 6% tax on the total value of her assets isn't sustainable
unless her net income exceeds that amount, which is highly unlikely.
In which case she'd be forced to sell assets to pay her taxes the
ultimate result of which ought be obvious to anyone who count past
ten.

>>> Really?
>>
>> Really! Communism by stealth... Carl Marx would've loved it.
>>
>>> Do you think she would make good use of that $2 billion? Or could that
>>> money be better spent on renewable energy projects, low cost housing or
>>> money for our health care system?
>>
>> So you'd have the state as the sole determinate at to where the money
>> gets spent (assuming it has any value whatsoever at that point)!
>
>**In a heartbeat. Look what Gina has spent some of her money on. Look
>what Packer spends his money on. Some of that wealth could be delivered
>to our health system. Or education system. Or defence.
>
>https://themarketherald.com.au/fancy/net-worth-how-australias-richest-women-gina-rinehart-spends-her-wealth/
>
>https://themarketherald.com.au/fancy/billionaire-insight-inside-the-luxury-life-of-james-packer/

>>> **Gina seems to do OK. From $14 billion in 2019 to $31 billion last
>>> year. I don't have my pocket calculator to hand, but I bet that works
>>> out to a little more than 6% year on year.

Which is irrelevant if her gross income hasn't increased
proportionally.. For example... has your taxable income increased in
proportion to the increased value of your house over the same period
(assuming you own one)?

>>> How about Anthony Pratt?
>>>
>>> $15.8 billion in 2019 to $20 billion in 2021.
>>>
>>> How much can these guys spend? Seriously.
>>
>> Indeed if they don't have it they can't spend it, which is no doubt
>> what motivates the watermelons... green the outside, red on the
>> inside!
>
>**Most of their money is made in Australia and spent overseas. If they
>spend it.

Then how do they manage to increase their asset value beyond the
inflation rate if they're not using their money to increase or improve
their Australian assets? Gina buys cattle stations (at least she used
to) as does Twiggy. Dunno about Gina but Twiggy also employs locals
to run his!

>>> **Do the Greens state that they will tax super funds?
>>
>> What super fund doesn't have assets exceeding $1b, so why wouldn't
>> they be taxed?
>
>**Perhaps you missed my question. Here it is:
>
>Do the Greens state that they will tax super funds?

Where do they state that they won't? Quite clearly if a super fund's
assets exceed $1b then they'll be taxed 6% on those assets. Very few
super funds return over 6% on their assets after costs which means
that the contributors will get zero, or very close to it.

>Yes or no.

No, it's not stated and nor are any exemptions. Therefore every
corporate entity, including super funds, would pay a 6% tax on the
total value of their assets

> In any case a major source of superannuation pensions
>> is corporate share dividends which would cease to exist as a direct
>> consequence of a 6% asset tax.
>
>**Given the tax evasion practiced by most large companies, I have zero
>problem with extra tax on them.

Tax evasion is an entirely separate issue to the wealth tax proposed
by the Greens which would inevitably result in locals looking to move
their assets offshore and nor would overseas companies invest here.
The ultimate result of which ought be obvious to anyone who count past
ten.

>https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/10/household-names-168-australian-companies-have-paid-no-tax-since-2013

--
John H

Re: OT: The election...

<jer1afF5vn1U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14833&group=aus.cars#14833

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 12:32:45 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 21 May 2022 02:32 UTC

On 21/5/2022 11:01 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 20/05/2022 10:32 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Asked and answered.

>>> **No. It's more complex than that. I purchased a new car in 2017.
>>> It's five year warranty period falls due at the end of this year. I
>>> would not consider selling that car until the warranty period is
>>> finished. However, my next car will, almost certainly be a hybrid or
>>> a BEV. I am leaning towards a BEV right now. That may change.
>>> Depending on a bunch of factors:
>>>
>>> * The availability more plentiful charging places.
>>
>> If you look at some YouTube videos on that subject you will find it
>> isn't so simple, its estimated that about 1 in 5 people in the UK who
>> buy BEV switch back to IC because charging away from home is a PITA
>> and its not just the lack of chargers.
>
> **Sure. It's very early days. Back when ICE cars began, buying petrol
> was phenomenally difficult. EV chargers will be more common in the not
> too distant future.
>
>> They arrive at a place with lots of chargers but they are all taken so
>> they have to wait a very long time, secondly they often find chargers
>> not working or problems with the aps that control them.
>> Before you even consider a BEV make sure you can charge it at home
>> because relying on finding a charger could become your worst nightmare.
>> That may change over time but I wouldn't count on it in the near future.
>
> **On that issue you will, almost certainly, be wrong. As fossil fuel
> prices continue their inexorable rise, then there will be more demand
> for EVs (H2 fuel cell and battery)
>

>>> * The arrival of new battery technologies (Al-Ion for instance).
>>
>> That might change everything but who knows when.
>
> **Given the amount of money being thrown at the technology, I'd say not
> too long.
>

>>> * The cost of petrol.
>>
>> The price is usually governed by supply and demand so I would expect
>> that if demand goes down so will the price but no one really knows.
>
> **Two things:
>
> * Supply is falling (peak oil).

Didn't that already happen in 1970's:-)
If demand goes down which is already happening (more fuel efficient IC
engines, people driving less, EV's) there won't be much of a supply
problem.

> * Governments are increasing taxation on all fossil fuels.

Ours just reduced taxes on fuel, excise went down so the GST take also
went down so where is the increase?

> * As demand falls, petrol stations will shut down and/or switch to EV
> chargers/H2 supply. They will go where the money is.

Funny how they are still building new petrol servos, one just opened
locally a few months ago and there is another one planned about 1km from me.

> Well, that's three.
>

>>> * Government incentives to buy an BEV.
>>
>> Hope our Govt is never dumb enough to subsidize them.
>> In some countries EV's are cheaper than IC cars when you deduct the
>> subsidies but still people change back to IC because charging is a PITA.
>
> **Like I said: Early days.
>

>>> Based on my present usage, my present car will probably outlast me
>>> (at least 30 years). So, I will need some compelling reasons to buy a
>>> new car of any type.
>>
>> Same here, its very likely that keeping any car that's in good working
>> order for a long time will produce less whole of life emissions than
>> continually making new ones regardless of the type.
>> I also wonder what will happen in about 10yrs when batteries start
>> failing, do owners scrap the whole car and start again or replace the
>> battery, either way the cost is going to be high.
>
> **Sure.

You can't just ignore a very significant problem that is likely to occur
in the not to distant future.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jer1utF631fU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14834&group=aus.cars#14834

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 12:43:39 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <t6975k$12a$1@dont-email.me>
<jeqnvlF4ca0U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqp8sF4innU2@mid.individual.net>
<jeqs86F538mU2@mid.individual.net> <jeqtm2F5b2fU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Daryl - Sat, 21 May 2022 02:43 UTC

On 21/5/2022 11:30 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 11:06 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Bullshit. Nations just need to work together. Simple.
>>

>> LOL, if it was so simple why hasn't it already been done?
>>

> **Because it IS being done. There is a way to go:
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/05/us/politics/g7-global-minimum-tax.html

No thanks for the spam, I don't want to subscribe to the NY Times.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jer25pF6476U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14835&group=aus.cars#14835

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 12:47:19 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net>
<9v9g8hdus4fitl6k74bgaogrbe83pbo965@4ax.com>
 by: Daryl - Sat, 21 May 2022 02:47 UTC

On 21/5/2022 11:35 am, John_H wrote:

>> **Bullshit. My income tax bill is MUCH higher, as a percentage of income
>> than any billionaire in Australia. 6% tax is chicken-feed. Tax 'em more.
>
> Once again. It's got nothing to do with your income tax bill as a
> percentage of income. The Greens proposal is for a 6% tax on the
> total value of assets. If your taxable income exceeds 6% of your total
> asset value (business, house, car, superannuation, etc,etc.) then
> you're doing much better than me because mine certainly doesn't and
> I'd imagine very few individual's or corporation's would either.
> Further to which I've just paid a substantial GST bill, in addition to
> income tax, as would every profitable business in this country

Yes, Trevor is failing to see that company tax is just one form of tax
that business's pay on top of costs involved working as a tax collector
for the Govt.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The election...

<jer2haF64j4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14836&group=aus.cars#14836

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 12:53:29 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 21 May 2022 02:53 UTC

On 21/5/2022 12:32 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/5/2022 11:01 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> If you look at some YouTube videos on that subject you will find it
>>> isn't so simple, its estimated that about 1 in 5 people in the UK who
>>> buy BEV switch back to IC because charging away from home is a PITA
>>> and its not just the lack of chargers.
>>
>> **Sure. It's very early days. Back when ICE cars began, buying petrol
>> was phenomenally difficult. EV chargers will be more common in the not
>> too distant future.
>>
>>> They arrive at a place with lots of chargers but they are all taken
>>> so they have to wait a very long time, secondly they often find
>>> chargers not working or problems with the aps that control them.
>>> Before you even consider a BEV make sure you can charge it at home
>>> because relying on finding a charger could become your worst nightmare.
>>> That may change over time but I wouldn't count on it in the near future.
>>
>> **On that issue you will, almost certainly, be wrong. As fossil fuel
>> prices continue their inexorable rise, then there will be more demand
>> for EVs (H2 fuel cell and battery)

>>> That might change everything but who knows when.
>>
>> **Given the amount of money being thrown at the technology, I'd say
>> not too long.

>>> The price is usually governed by supply and demand so I would expect
>>> that if demand goes down so will the price but no one really knows.
>>
>> **Two things:
>>
>> * Supply is falling (peak oil).
>
> Didn't that already happen in 1970's:-)
> If demand goes down which is already happening (more fuel efficient IC
> engines, people driving less, EV's)  there won't be much of a supply
> problem.
>
>> * Governments are increasing taxation on all fossil fuels.
>
> Ours just reduced taxes on fuel, excise went down so the GST take also
> went down so where is the increase?
>
>> * As demand falls, petrol stations will shut down and/or switch to EV
>> chargers/H2 supply. They will go where the money is.
>
> Funny how they are still building new petrol servos, one just opened
> locally a few months ago and there is another one planned about 1km from
> me.

Local environment needs because of a large uptick in recent arrivals to
your area.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: The election...

<t69pq8$860$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14837&group=aus.cars#14837

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 14:28:55 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <t6975k$12a$1@dont-email.me>
<jeqnvlF4ca0U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqp8sF4innU2@mid.individual.net>
<jeqs86F538mU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Noddy - Sat, 21 May 2022 04:28 UTC

On 21/05/2022 11:06 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/5/2022 10:15 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Trouble is if we come down too hard on these big companies they are
>>> likely to pack up shop and move elsewhere making us worse off so its
>>> a fine balance between collecting a reasonable amount of tax but not
>>> killing off the goose that laid the golden egg.
>>>

>> **Bullshit. Nations just need to work together. Simple.
>

> LOL, if it was so simple why hasn't it already been done?

ROTFL :)

Yep. Nothing like an overly simplistic solution to a complex problem :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: The election...

<t69qp1$dng$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14838&group=aus.cars#14838

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 14:45:20 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 21 May 2022 04:45 UTC

On 21/05/2022 11:04 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 10:58 am, Clocky wrote:

>> My other half worked in the industry. Staff do their best (with
>> exceptions, there are always rogues) but this is a top down problem
>> for the most part. It's not in the interest of the people they are
>> "caring" for but their own pockets. That needs to change.
>
> **Precisely. Read my experience. I showed that a facility, where costs
> were low, staff levels high (including 24/7 nurses), good food, could
> still turn a decent profit for it's owner. It can be done, even with
> Sydney real estate prices.

*Still* not seeing where this is anything but the fault of the company
owners :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: The election...

<jerf2sF8c5kU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14839&group=aus.cars#14839

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 16:27:42 +1000
<jeo4rtFjmu3U1@mid.individual.net> <jeo6psFk1voU1@mid.individual.net>
<jeo8vdFkebpU1@mid.individual.net> <jeogt8Flp67U2@mid.individual.net>
<l6ae8h1v9c3k4obgnfgqak53t19qbl7ebs@4ax.com>
<jeoru3FnogfU1@mid.individual.net>
<mo3g8htrlsj6p453on0k75dnreje8n4r2n@4ax.com>
<jeqjrcF3lc6U1@mid.individual.net> <t6975k$12a$1@dont-email.me>
<jeqnvlF4ca0U1@mid.individual.net> <jeqp8sF4innU2@mid.individual.net>
<jeqs86F538mU2@mid.individual.net> <jeqtm2F5b2fU1@mid.individual.net>
<jer1utF631fU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 21 May 2022 06:27 UTC

On 21/05/2022 12:43 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/5/2022 11:30 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> LOL, if it was so simple why hasn't it already been done?
>>>

>> **Because it IS being done. There is a way to go:
>>
>> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/05/us/politics/g7-global-minimum-tax.html
>

> No thanks for the spam, I don't want to subscribe to the NY Times.

**Well, you'll have to take my word for it. A whole bunch of nations are
ganging up on tax dodgers.

Re: OT: The election...

<t6at06$u0i$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14840&group=aus.cars#14840

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 22:29:26 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 21 May 2022 14:29 UTC

On 21/05/2022 12:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 11:04 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 21/05/2022 10:58 am, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> My other half worked in the industry. Staff do their best (with
>>> exceptions, there are always rogues) but this is a top down problem
>>> for the most part. It's not in the interest of the people they are
>>> "caring" for but their own pockets. That needs to change.
>>
>> **Precisely. Read my experience. I showed that a facility, where costs
>> were low, staff levels high (including 24/7 nurses), good food, could
>> still turn a decent profit for it's owner. It can be done, even with
>> Sydney real estate prices.
>
> *Still* not seeing where this is anything but the fault of the company
> owners :)

Because you have comprehension issues.
With proper checks and balances this situation would be allowed to
occur... but it has and the Morrison government did nothing to fix it.

But like all the other things he didn't address, now that he's out on
his arse he won't have to worry about it :-)

Re: OT: The election...

<t6at88$1k4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14841&group=aus.cars#14841

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 22:33:38 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 21 May 2022 14:33 UTC

On 19/05/2022 4:45 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 8:10 am, Clocky wrote:
>> On 18/05/2022 5:56 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm getting old... most shit on media that i observe, (television,
>>> radio) doesnt really faze me.... But when you're force fed political
>>> *SHIT*, that we have to pay for, I draw the line.
>>>
>>> In the last 10 mins, I've heard "there's a hole in your budget...)
>>

>> The "budget emergency" and "debt and deficit" bullshit a few years ago
>> was endless. Intolerable especially since it was a blatant lie. The
>> "budget emergency" is now several times worse and completely blown out
>> by their Lieberal party's own measure.
>>
>> It's a case of pick your poison
>
> Yep. As i've said in here before, Voting in Australia is like looking a
> a freshly laid dog turd on the nature strip, and trying to decide which
> end to pick it up from, without gloves.

As it turns out, and something I've been saying for a very long time
now, you don't have to choose on or the other. You can vote for
independents... as many Australians have this time around.

> And the day preferential voting is given the arse will be a great day.....
>
> And I'm also wondering *if* labour win, who will be PM this time next
> year? Albo? Wong? Marles? Pliebeseck? They may bring back Kevvie again!
>   Lots to choose from this time round.....!!

It won't be Morrison and that can only be a good thing :-)

>> but that happy clapping used car salesman needs to go IMO.
>
> Lower the lot into a decent tree shredder, and put it on utube.

Re: OT: The election...

<t6atq8$5tp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14842&group=aus.cars#14842

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 22:43:08 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 21 May 2022 14:43 UTC

On 20/05/2022 6:05 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 5:56 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 19/05/2022 4:20 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> On 19/05/2022 4:07 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>>>   And please, while you're on the
>>>
>>> **Per capita is the only measure that matters.
>>
>> Per capita is completely nonsensical. The *only* figure that makes any
>> difference to the planet is the global total.

>>> **I already do.
>>
>> Do you? How?
>
> **Asked and answered.
>

>>>   You know, sell your fossil fuel burning cars and buy an EV?
>>>
>>> **As soon as we get a government that makes buying EVs attractive.
>>> The COALition has no interest.
>>
>> Oh. So "doing your bit" is only okay if it's financially attractive to
>> you. Is that how it works?
>
> **No. It's more complex than that. I purchased a new car in 2017. It's
> five year warranty period falls due at the end of this year. I would not
> consider selling that car until the warranty period is finished.
> However, my next car will, almost certainly be a hybrid or a BEV. I am
> leaning towards a BEV right now. That may change. Depending on a bunch
> of factors:

Replacing a car every five years or so with a "greener" new one is a
very poor choice if your aim is to reduce your carbon footprint. Look up
'embodied energy'.

Re: OT: The election...

<t6au29$5tp$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14843&group=aus.cars#14843

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 22:47:37 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 21 May 2022 14:47 UTC

On 21/05/2022 9:24 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 11:01 am, Clocky wrote:

>>> Lol :)
>>>
>>> For almost as long as it's existed the Labor party has been the
>>> political wing of the trade union movement, with a host of it's
>>> former heavyweights being union officials who preached their
>>> communistic bullshit to the faithful before moving onto the big stage
>>> to preach it to everyone else.
>>>

>> Oh god... you have swallowed the Murdoch rhetoric wholesale haven't you.
>

> it's true what he said

What? You agree with his "reds under the bed" nonsense?

Re: OT: The election...

<jesdpcFdvu5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14845&group=aus.cars#14845

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 01:11:37 +1000
<jeln3kF5bvvU1@mid.individual.net> <jels7fF68s8U1@mid.individual.net>
<ojfd8h1cnco7sv61qsp0ov0pq701ugg1c2@4ax.com>
<jenukqFijcoU1@mid.individual.net>
<lbnd8hl6ibg5c6sv5g24687btfcpdcm57q@4ax.com>
<jeo681Fjv7hU1@mid.individual.net>
<8vvd8hpcqli20gcpdpnr1v0akhunbk9403@4ax.com> <t675au$8mo$1@dont-email.me>
<t69dlm$58o$2@dont-email.me> <jeqt8jF59s9U1@mid.individual.net>
<t6au29$5tp$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 21 May 2022 15:11 UTC

On 22/05/2022 12:47 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 21/05/2022 9:24 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Oh god... you have swallowed the Murdoch rhetoric wholesale haven't
>>> you.
>>

>> it's true what he said
>>

> What? You agree with his "reds under the bed" nonsense?

yes. it's not nonsense. and Albosleazy is a commo. (left wing Labor)