Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:14:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Michael Holding "T20 !not even cricket"
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 06:14 UTC

MICHAEL HOLDING: When you win a T20 tournament, that is not revival;
it’s not even cricket! It’s going to be very difficult for the West
Indies to get on top in Test cricket because of this T20. The T20
tournaments around the world are the bane of the game. When you are a
poor country and can’t afford to pay as much as England, Australia, and
India, the players will go on to play T20. That’s where West Indies and
others are getting hit. Unless you can pay as much as the rest of the
big countries, this will happen. Many West Indies players are not
interested in playing for West Indies. I don’t want to call out names.
When you are earning 600,000 or 800,000 dollars for six weeks, what are
you going to do? I don’t blame the cricketers. I blame the
administrators. They give a lot of lip service to Test cricket but all
they are interested in is bringing in money into their cupboards… West
Indies will win T20 tournaments which aren’t cricket; they won’t be a
force in Test cricket.

RH

Re: Michael Holding ‘All people of colour who hit out at racism, their careers ended in no time’

<b2UCI.52817$Lr1.24728@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14870&group=uk.sport.cricket#14870

Subject: Re:_Michael_Holding_‘All_people_of_colour_who_h
it_out_at_racism,_their_careers_ended_in_no_time’
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:19:49 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 06:19 UTC

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/michael-holding-west-indies-cricket-racism-t20-7378608/

Michael Holding: ‘All people of colour who hit out at racism, their
careers ended in no time’

Part of the fearsome West Indies quartet from the 70s and 80s, Holding
is still rated as the smoothest and sharpest pacer the game has seen.
Now a commentator, Holding rarely pulls his punches, whether on T20 or
bad umpiring.

Legendary West Indies fast bowler Michael Holding talks about
“institutionalised and systemic” racism in sports, insists T20 is “not
even cricket”, says the Indian team has vastly improved its fitness
levels and explains how Virat Kohli is similar to Viv Richards. The
session was moderated by Deputy Associate Editor Sriram Veera.

SRIRAM VEERA: The book is an enlightening, heart-wrenching, occasionally
emotionally difficult read when you delve into the history of racism.
You hadn’t spoken out a lot on this issue before last year. Why was that?

MICHAEL HOLDING: Because I don’t live it. I had taken a selfish view
that this is a thing I experience just for a few months when I am away
from home. When I go back home, I don’t live that experience. So I just
at history, it will show you that… in the long run, it was a wise thing
to do. Because if you look at all the Black people and the people of
colour that have hit out against racism and made a stand, their careers
ended in no time at all. Look at (American footballer) Colin Kaepernick.
He is a man who in recent times took that stand. His career came to an
end immediately. That shows you when Black people and the people of
colour decide that they are being victimised and they want to talk about
it, they want to complain about it, they want to protest about it, the
system, the institutionalised racism that is evident around the world,
locks you out. And you basically are dispelled from society. Perhaps
that would have happened to me if I said anything earlier.

SRIRAM VEERA: All of us heard your emotional speech on Sky Sports on
Black Lives Matter movement last year. What made you go ahead and write
this book?

MICHAEL HOLDING: If my boss at Sky hadn’t given me the opportunity, even
now no one would have known what I thought about the situation. I
wouldn’t have written the book. But these feelings have been inside of
me for many, many years. I have travelled the world. I have experienced
and seen discrimination and racism in different parts of the world. But
because I live in Jamaica and I hadn’t ever come across anything like
that where I live, I used to brush it off and say, no that’s their
problem. But given the opportunity by Sky, I spoke about it and spoke
about it deeply because I knew all about the history of racism in the
world. I only wrote the book at the end because after speaking on Sky,
so many people got in touch and implored me to go further on what I said
on Sky. And after much prompting, I decided yes, let’s go ahead and do
this book.

Read: I don’t think I would be alive if I grew up in UK: Michael Holding

All the first people (who) had called me before I even thought about
doing the book was Thierry Henry. He saw me on Sky News and called me
after that and we had a good, long discussion. Then of course when I
decided to do the book, I got back to him and he was happy to be
involved. And so many people around the world said and the messages I
have got, so I thought let me go ahead with this book.

SRIRAM VEERA: You have written white people fear black people. Why do
you think that is the case? And it’s a deeply researched book where you
go into racism history in great detail.

MICHAEL HOLDING: It’s quite evident you see it in everyday life and
again, I am not blaming people for this attitude that they have. You
walk down a street in a place with white people and they see a black
person coming, they try to move out of the way. Not so much in
multiracial society but certain places that you go. Because that is what
is in your head. That’s what they have been taught for decades, that
black people are violent. Black people are criminals. That is the just
the way they are brought up. I am blaming the institutionalised and
systemic racism that puts those things in their head.
Michael Holding.

I did research because I wanted the book to be a teaching tool. I want
this to be a process of education for people who will read this book. It
would have been easy for me to fill a book with stars and their
experiences and the racism that they have experienced. But that doesn’t
teach anyone anything. All that would have been a collection of stories.
They already know those stories. The reason that those great athletes,
those great names are in the book is to show people, it doesn’t matter
which background you are from… It doesn’t matter how famous you are. It
doesn’t matter how rich you are. Once your skin is dark, you suffer
victimisation, you suffer racism. That is the reason those people are in
the book. I want people to be educated by this book. That is why I have
gone into history to show people how racism started. Why it started? And
why people want it to continue. They don’t want equal justice for
everyone. Basically, they want this system to continue. And when I say
they, again I am not talking about individuals. I am talking about the
institutions and the way they are set up.

Two people will go to school, a black and a white kid will go to school…
In many countries, in England, in Australia… Both of them will have the
same academic achievements, but when they leave school, their path would
be different depending on the colour of their skin and that is what I am
talking about. They go to school and they are the best of buddies. But
when they leave school, one goes left and one goes right and that is not
their fault. That’s the way the system is set up. And that is what I
want people to be educated about so that they can put pressure on people
who make policy, so that we can have a change in those things.

SRIRAM VEERA: In your book you write about a beautiful incident with
your mum; a black kid and a white kid are playing. You wrote about what
your mum said and looking back, what do you think about what she said?

MICHAEL HOLDING: They were two girls… She (mum) woke me up, because she
got up early and she saw the two kids in the backyard and she said,
‘Mikey, Mikey come here’ in an excited manner. And when I got to the
window and I looked down and saw the two kids, I just said, ‘look at
that, we have a chance’. That was obviously on our mind. Because she
went through that when she was young; when she married my father, she
went through all that. So it’s definitely something that’s been playing
on our mind over decades and decades. Because I was the last child born.
I am 13 years after my mother’s first child. For so long these things
are on our mind and she sees the two kids and she thinks to herself that
things are improving; a black and a white kid are there in a yard
playing together. But as I said in the book, she didn’t take into
consideration the institutionalised and systemic racism that would
separate them when they stop being kids. And that’s what we are hoping
for, to make sure that these kids can go to the same world, the same
society, get the same opportunities and achieve the same.

SRIRAM VEERA: Was it during your first tour of England in 1976 that you
realised what West Indians winning in cricket meant for the West Indian
diasporas away from home?

MICHAEL HOLDING: That was my second (overseas) tour. I went to Australia
in 1975-76 and I went to England in 1976. And of course in Australia, we
didn’t come across a lot of West Indians. In England, it was the first
time I was coming across a lot of West Indians living outside the West
Indies and realising how important it was for them if their team did
well. But in 1976, I still didn’t grasp it that much. I didn’t grasp it,
understand it and recognise it as much as when I started going back to
England regularly in the 1980s. When I would live with these guys, I
would mix with them, I would interact a lot. I would go places and would
how things operate with these people, then I got to understand totally,
what they were going through. They were treated as second class or
possibly third-class citizens especially here in England. Sometimes I
would look at some of these guys and say ‘man I could never live in this
country, I am so glad I am going home in September’. They wanted people
to recognise that they had as many rights as anyone else. If their team
could beat the English team that lifted them. They walked proudly on the
streets… ‘I am from where these guys are from, we beat you at cricket. I
am just as good as anyone else.’ That is how they wanted to feel.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Michael Holding - It is IMPOSSIBLE to wipe off racism from the world

<ab261c26-c204-4ed9-8670-7bcbf6581b06n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14873&group=uk.sport.cricket#14873

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 03:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Michael Holding - It is IMPOSSIBLE to wipe off racism from the world
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 10:40 UTC

On Wednesday, 30 June 2021 at 07:36:03 UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 6/29/2021 11:14 PM, RH wrote:
> > MICHAEL HOLDING: When you win a T20 tournament, that is not revival;
> > it’s not even cricket! It’s going to be very difficult for the West
> > Indies to get on top in Test cricket because of this T20. The T20
> > tournaments around the world are the bane of the game. When you are a
> > poor country and can’t afford to pay as much as England, Australia, and
> > India, the players will go on to play T20. That’s where West Indies and
> > others are getting hit. Unless you can pay as much as the rest of the
> > big countries, this will happen. Many West Indies players are not
> > interested in playing for West Indies. I don’t want to call out names.
> > When you are earning 600,000 or 800,000 dollars for six weeks, what are
> > you going to do? I don’t blame the cricketers. I blame the
> > administrators. They give a lot of lip service to Test cricket but all
> > they are interested in is bringing in money into their cupboards… West
> > Indies will win T20 tournaments which aren’t cricket; they won’t be a
> > force in Test cricket.
> >
> > RH
> >
> I know HOW TO WIPE OFF RACISM from the world.
>
> 1) Non-Whites should WORK on their OWN BRAINS and FORCIBLY REMOVE the
> "POISON of INFERIORITY COMPLEX" INJECTED into their brains by the
> INFINITELY CUNNING and DECEPTIVE White Racist Thieves.
>
> 2) Non-Whites should ALSO SIMULTANEOUSLY REMOVE the "SUPERIORITY
> COMPLEX" White Racist THIEVES "INJECTED into their OWN BRAINS".
>
> 3) Non-Whites should APPLY the SAME STANDARDS to WHITES what this
> motherfucking white zimmerman APPLIED to a black kid Trayvon Martin and
> houston white applied to "neighbor's burglars, and "SLAUGHTER" the
> FILTHY EVIL GENOCIDAL BARBARIC WHITE CHRISTIAN RACIST THIEVES like
> "FUCKING PIGS"
>
> Some Non-Whites have to SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES to achieve this objective.

Dumb thing to do, only ignorant, barbaric goat fuckers and cow piss drinkers would do that.

> If they do, the concept of RACISM would slowly disappear.

Racism won't disappear until goat fuckers and cow piss drinkers such as yourself have been eradicated.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin
>
> Man Cleared for Killing Neighbor's Burglars
> https://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5278638&page=1
>

> 4) Non-whites should CONTINUOUSLY BREED with White Women and COMPLETELY
> ELIMINATE the WHITE RACE from this planet.

You wish you could only get the chance to breed with white women, but you can't, because you are cockless, useless and spend too much time fucking goats and drinking cow piss.

> [...]
> have in your society, the better off the world is as we go ahead,"
> Holding said during a panel discussion that also had former England
> captain Nasser Hussain and woman international Ebony Rainford-Brent.
>
> Holding feels that the gesture of "taking a knee" should be organic
> rather a "tick the box" exercise but he doesn't believe in telling
> people what their choices should be. "I am not going to tell people they
> must take a knee - I am not here to tell people what they need to do. I
> don't want people to take it as a tick-in-the-box exercise. You must
> want to support the cause, you must be willing to understand and see
> that something is wrong and this is the worldwide accepted way of
> showing support for the cause," he said.
>
> The West Indian great, who now lives in the United Kingdom, said not
> everyone can understand the challenges that black people endure through
> their lives. "People don't understand what it is like to come under that
> sort of pressure throughout your entire life. Some people say things and
> don't even realise what they are saying or the effect it might have on a
> black person. It's something they get accustomed to saying," the
> 67-year-old, one of the most respected cricketing voices across the
> globe, said.
>
> Holding didn't hide the raging anger he has felt at times while
> interacting with people who resort to casual racism which can be equally
> hurtful. "As a black person, when you hear certain people say certain
> things it burns inside.I have had many occasions when people have said
> something or treated me a particular way when I think to myself 'are
> they just rude or are they racist? "Is it because I am black that they
> are treating me this way or is it because they don't know any better
> because they are rude?" he said.
>
> Holding agreed that there could be times that the intent of a comment is
> not racist but for a black person, who has suffered, that's the first
> thing that comes to mind during interactions. "I have no idea - but as a
> black person the first thing that comes to your mind, because of the
> constant battle with racism, is racism.
>
> Sometimes you are wrong, sometimes the person is not racist, but it
> builds up inside of you and the first thought is racism.
>
> Holding believes that UK hasn't done enough to weed out racism. "But,
> right now, I don't think we have made enough ground, especially in the
> UK. I am going to be blunt now. I don't see enough action in the UK.
>
> "I see a lot of action in the US. Big corporations in the US putting up
> millions and millions of dollars toward programmes to levelling the
> playing field. Apart from Sky, who are we seeing in the UK doing
> anything? There is a little bit of lip service every now and again but
> what really positive signs of action have we seen?" he asked.

Re: Michael Holding - It is IMPOSSIBLE to wipe off racism from the world

<b899c645-daa3-434a-8613-a311fb8f7a41n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14875&group=uk.sport.cricket#14875

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:27:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:27 UTC

On Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 11:40:27 AM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:
> [...]
> > thing that comes to mind during interactions. "I have no idea - but as a
> > black person the first thing that comes to your mind, because of the
> > constant battle with racism, is racism.
> >
> > Sometimes you are wrong, sometimes the person is not racist, but it
> > builds up inside of you and the first thought is racism.
> >
> > Holding believes that UK hasn't done enough to weed out racism. "But,
> > right now, I don't think we have made enough ground, especially in the
> > UK. I am going to be blunt now. I don't see enough action in the UK.
> >
> > "I see a lot of action in the US. Big corporations in the US putting up
> > millions and millions of dollars toward programmes to levelling the
> > playing field. Apart from Sky, who are we seeing in the UK doing
> > anything? There is a little bit of lip service every now and again but
> > what really positive signs of action have we seen?" he asked.

It's the only language FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer understands : ) RH