The moss on the tree does not fear the talons of the hawk.

aus+uk / uk.telecom.mobile / Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

SubjectAuthor
* Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesDavid
+* Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesPamela
|`* Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesAndy Burns
| `* Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesChris Green
|  `* Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesAndy Burns
|   `- Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesWoody
+- Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesDavid
`- Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issuesPeter Johnson

1
Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<l1qfpmFhr8rU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14863&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14863

From: wib...@btinternet.com (David)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues
Date: 29 Jan 2024 20:23:18 GMT
 by: David - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 20:23 UTC

Not doing well with EE at the moment.
Hate the web site.
Anyway:

I have a Plusnet SIM in my tablet, used for data.
Although (see previous grumbles) it keeps getting automated calls from
foreign people spoofing UK numbers.

Anyway.
I logged onto my Plusnet account and followed the link to the special EE
deal for migrating Plusnet customers.
I validated my phone number and was given a discount code - the system
copied it to the clipboard for me as well.
It then switched me to the EE site and I navigated to the deal I was
offered (125 GB data for £15 a month) and input the discount code.
This was rejected as invalid.
[Not sure if it would have worked if I didn't already have an EE account
which was giving me a discount for more than one account.].

Anyway both the Plusnet account and the EE data account aren't the best
deals around at the moment according to Money Saving Expert, so I think I
will cancel both SIMs and get a new deal with a new number for each.

The only downside is that I have been trying to spread my SIM cards across
networks to improve the chances of connectivity and the best deals at the
moment seem to be with Vodafone up to 30GB per month then 3 above that.

It will be satisfying to drop EE just because they make the whole thing so
hard.

Grumph!

Dave R

--
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64

Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<XnsB10979209B2FA5D4AM2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14867&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14867

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:54:26 GMT
 by: Pamela - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:54 UTC

On 20:23 29 Jan 2024, David said:

> Not doing well with EE at the moment.
> Hate the web site.
> Anyway:
>
> I have a Plusnet SIM in my tablet, used for data.
> Although (see previous grumbles) it keeps getting automated calls from
> foreign people spoofing UK numbers.
>
> Anyway.
> I logged onto my Plusnet account and followed the link to the special
> EE deal for migrating Plusnet customers.
> I validated my phone number and was given a discount code - the system
> copied it to the clipboard for me as well.
> It then switched me to the EE site and I navigated to the deal I was
> offered (125 GB data for £15 a month) and input the discount code.
> This was rejected as invalid.
> [Not sure if it would have worked if I didn't already have an EE
> account which was giving me a discount for more than one account.].
>
> Anyway both the Plusnet account and the EE data account aren't the
> best deals around at the moment according to Money Saving Expert, so I
> think I will cancel both SIMs and get a new deal with a new number for
> each.
>
> The only downside is that I have been trying to spread my SIM cards
> across networks to improve the chances of connectivity and the best
> deals at the moment seem to be with Vodafone up to 30GB per month then
> 3 above that.
>
> It will be satisfying to drop EE just because they make the whole
> thing so hard.
>
> Grumph!
>
> Dave R

Is it just Plusnet's mobile service which is closing or is their
internet service likely to follow?

They're always on my shortlist of alternative broadband suppliers.

Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<l1sac0FdnbfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14869&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14869

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 13:02:57 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 13:02 UTC

Pamela wrote:

> Is it just Plusnet's mobile service which is closing or is their
> internet service likely to follow?

Only the mobile service is confirmed as closing, but the sword has been
dangling over their broadband for some time, maybe it'll stay, or maybe
customers get rolled-over to EE broadband?

I hadn't noticed they've re-started their IPv6 trial ...

<https://www.ipv6.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/04_Plusnet_IPv6_update_DaveTomlinson.pdf>

Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<l1spheFhr8rU10@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14874&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14874

From: wib...@btinternet.com (David)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: 30 Jan 2024 17:21:50 GMT
 by: David - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 17:21 UTC

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 20:23:18 +0000, David wrote:

<snip>

Phoned up Plusnet from my tablet on 500 and they cancelled without a
whimper.

Even cancelled straight away as I was a couple of days from rolling
monthly contract renewal, which was helpful.

I do wonder if Plusnet support aren't bonused on switching to EE accounts
(although both support teams may be one by now) because I expected
tempting offers to be dangled in front of me.

Anyway. better deals are about.

Cheers

Dave R

--
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64

Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<37un8k-7qir1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14875&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14875

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 19:10:59 +0000
 by: Chris Green - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 19:10 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
> Pamela wrote:
>
> > Is it just Plusnet's mobile service which is closing or is their
> > internet service likely to follow?
>
> Only the mobile service is confirmed as closing, but the sword has been
> dangling over their broadband for some time, maybe it'll stay, or maybe
> customers get rolled-over to EE broadband?

If their broadband closes doesn't that mean PlusNet closes? They don't
sell anything else do they?

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<gspkripndbliutp8s06d2p4s5h6o5qkakp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14878&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14878

From: pet...@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 15:31:33 +0000
 by: Peter Johnson - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 15:31 UTC

On 29 Jan 2024 20:23:18 GMT, David <wibble@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Anyway both the Plusnet account and the EE data account aren't the best
>deals around at the moment according to Money Saving Expert, so I think I
>will cancel both SIMs and get a new deal with a new number for each.

Are you comparing data speed as well as price?

Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<l22g0uFhaf5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14886&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14886

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 21:16:15 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 21:16 UTC

Chris Green wrote:
> Andy Burns wrote:
>
> If their broadband closes doesn't that mean PlusNet closes?
Well yes, if BT finally decide they don't want to run it as a separate
brand, they'd likely make a nice offer to roll people over to EE/BT
That's how I got a pretty good deal (20GB data + unlimited mins/sms for
£8.20/month) on my O2 SIM, by being rolled-over from Virgin Mobile.
Hopefully we can take our static IPs with us ...
I think they ditched the johnlewis and greenbee customers, do they still
keep any other brands that they collected along the way going? force9,
madasafish, free-online, brightview, ic24, totalise, metronet?

Re: Plusnet closing - getting EE special deal on transfer - issues

<uph5dp$28j4e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14887&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14887

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:19:37 +0000
 by: Woody - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:19 UTC

On Thu 01/02/2024 21:16, Andy Burns wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:
>
>> Andy Burns wrote:
>>
>> If their broadband closes doesn't that mean PlusNet closes?
>
> Well yes, if BT finally decide they don't want to run it as a separate
> brand, they'd likely make a nice offer to roll people over to EE/BT
> That's how I got a pretty good deal (20GB data + unlimited mins/sms for
> £8.20/month) on my O2 SIM, by being rolled-over from Virgin Mobile.
>
> Hopefully we can take our static IPs with us ...
>
> I think they ditched the johnlewis and greenbee customers, do they still
> keep any other brands that they collected along the way going?  force9,
> madasafish, free-online, brightview, ic24, totalise, metronet?

Ah, Madasafish, now there was a good SP. Pity it got swallowed up?