From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: OT. UFOs
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:09:03 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:09 UTC

The Yanks have shot down four 'UFOs', one almost certainly a Chinese
spy dirigible. The other three may not be buoyant (in air).

There is speculation (surely not?) as to their origin.

Judging by their descriptions I'd wager they are 'Professor Branestawm'
inventions by North Americans, and probably not particularly sinister.

The one with strings dangling round its edge is probably of Aussie
origin and not yet fitted with its corks.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: OT. UFOs

<k50rliFvjcU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14844&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#14844

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: OT. UFOs
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:31:02 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:31 UTC

On 14/02/2023 07:09, RustyHinge wrote:
> The Yanks have shot down fourĀ  'UFOs', one almost certainly a Chinese
> spy dirigible. The other three may not be buoyant (in air).
>
> There is speculation (surely not?) as to their origin.
>
> Judging by their descriptions I'd wager they are 'Professor Branestawm'
> inventions by North Americans, and probably not particularly sinister.
>
> The one with strings dangling round its edge is probably of Aussie
> origin and not yet fitted with its corks.

If the strings were mounted across the surface and under tension it
would clearly be an UFBO (Unidentified Flying Bouzouki Object).

--
Moto Morini 2C/375
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: OT. UFOs

<ed03fc7d2a58cbc48024606b260115f9@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14898&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#14898

From: "Worst C...@dizum.com
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 00:44:45 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
 by: "Worst C...@dizum.com - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 23:44 UTC

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:09:03 +0000, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

> The Yanks have shot down four 'UFOs', one almost certainly a Chinese
> spy dirigible. The other three may not be buoyant (in air).

As usual, _The Straight Dope_ has **the answer**:

> Japanese students from Tirami School were devastated to learn their
> science project may have been shot down over the US or Canada. The
> balloon carried two hamsters, a guinea pig and a baby stoat.

Details (We all want them.) are at:
https://boards.straightdope.com/t/japanese-students-science-project-shot-down/979723

--
Worst Case

Re: OT. UFOs

<tsh8vo$2lnrm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14904&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#14904

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 16:28:41 -0800
 by: Turby - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 00:28 UTC

On 2/14/2023 3:44 PM, "Worst Case"@dizum.com wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:09:03 +0000, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> The Yanks have shot down four 'UFOs', one almost certainly a Chinese
>> spy dirigible. The other three may not be buoyant (in air).
>
> As usual, _The Straight Dope_ has **the answer**:
>
>> Japanese students from Tirami School were devastated to learn their
>> science project may have been shot down over the US or Canada. The
>> balloon carried two hamsters, a guinea pig and a baby stoat.
>
> Details (We all want them.) are at:
> https://boards.straightdope.com/t/japanese-students-science-project-shot-down/979723

I was ready to buy that until it claimed the RCMP shot it down with .303
Enfields. Sheesh.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)